North Devon Football League
North Devon Football League North Devon Football League North Devon Football League Winners

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2000/01

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - May - AGM

September 2000

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on September 1st, 2000.
PRESENT:  W Smale (Chairman), A Alcock, A Evans, T Knight, D Parish, S Platt, P Prouse, M Saunders, P Shelton, M Stevens, D Todd, P Woodhams, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence:  B Fishleigh, A Johns, D Loder.
The Chairman welcomed Mr. Prouse to his first meeting of the Committee.
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
PIVOT TROPHY.  The Kingsley League had offered Wednesday October 25 at Bideford Sports Ground as the date and venue for this season's match.  This had been accepted.  The Woolsery club, as last season's Intermediate champions, had been invited to represent this League in the match, and had accepted.
NORTH DEVON REFEREES ASSOCIATION.  Notification had been received that Mr. A Walter was the new Secretary of the NDRA, and arrangements would be made through him for officers of the League to meet officers of the Association to discuss matters of mutual interest.
CORNWALL COUNTY FA.  The Cornwall Association had given its approval for three of its affiliated clubs, Bude Town, Kilkhampton, and Morwenstow, to compete in this League again this season.
LETTER FROM CLUB SECRETARY.  A letter received from a club secretary raised three points which were considered:
(i)  Minimum provision of facilities outside the Premier Division.  The rule amendment passed at the AGM had dealt with this matter.
(ii)  Domination of the Senior Division over a number of years by club(s) which continually failed to improve their facilities to Premier standard.   The Committee considered that in the unlikely event of this happening, it would be able to take appropriate action.
(iii)  Recognition for teams not receiving winners or runners-up medals but which were promoted.  Resolved that a shield should be purchased for presentation, as the need arose, to any team not finishing a season as winners or runners-up of a Division but being nevertheless promoted for whatever reason.
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.  The Torrington club fined £25 for failure to be represented at the AGM, which had been paid.  £2-30 passed to the Treasurer from sale of a Handbook.
CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS.  (Mr. Alcock withdrew from the meeting for this item.)  A decision had to be reached over whether action should be taken by the League against a member club over a matter which had been reported to the Devon County FA.  Resolved that the Secretary should ascertain whether the matter had been dealt with by the County FA, and that the action decided on should only be taken if this was not the case.  (Sec's. note:  Correspondence subsequently received from the County FA appeared to indicate that the matter had been dealt with.  In accordance with the Committee's decision, no action would be taken at this stage, but the matter reported to the next meeting.)
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for no s.a.e. with a registration form: Bradworthy, Clovelly, North Molton, South Molton, Swimbridge.
£5 for signing for two clubs: player D Curtis.  All paid.
£5 for submitting inaccurate registration form: S Boundy (Morwenstow).  £10 for fielding an unregistered player: Bude Town.
TRANSFER FORMS.  £40 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINE.  £5 for failure to submit a fixture requirement form: Fremington.  Paid.
TREASURER'S REPORT.

BALANCES reported by the Treasurer:  Lloyds Bank current a/c £2507-02;  Portman Fixed Bond £9062-82;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2767-79;  Interest on Bond £416-89.  Total balance £18310-26.  All bills had been paid to date.  The Treasurer reported that a decision was needed on how to invest the capital from the Bond for the next twelve months.  His recommendation was that as a competitive rate of interest was still being paid on the Bond, the capital should be re-invested in the same way.  This was approved. 

 

October 2000

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on October 6th, 2000.
PRESENT:  W Smale (Chairman), A Alcock, A Beer, A Evans, B Fishleigh, A Johns, T Knight, D Loder, S Platt, P Prouse, M Saunders, P Shelton, M Stevens, P Woodhams, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence:  D Parish, D Todd.
MINUTES of the meeting held on September 1st were approved and signed.
MATTERS ARISING.
NORTH DEVON REFEREES ASSOCIATION.  No date had yet been suggested for a meeting by the NDRA, although it was reported to the meeting that this would shortly happen.  (Sec's note:  A letter to this effect has arrived, and will be reported to the next meeting.)
TROPHIES.  The Chairman reported that the proprietor of Phillips Trophies, who have provided the League's trophies in recent seasons, was currently in hospital.  It was uncertain whether the business would be continuing.  As an order for this season's trophies had already been placed, the situation would be monitored. 
CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS.  (Mr. Alcock withdrew from the meeting for this item.)  It was resolved that in the circumstances this particular matter should not be pursued further, but that in the future the League should bear in mind one of the recommendations contained in the DCFA's Report on Misconduct and Discipline (a League copy of which had been recently received): "Leagues to be urged to take action against any club 'bringing the game into disrepute' by its own or its players' misconduct."  Further advice would be sought from the DCFA as regards how this might be construed as an offence being penalised twice.
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.  £7-20 passed to the Treasurer from sale of League Handbooks.  All fines listed in the September minutes had been paid.
PRESS OFFICER.  The Chairman had received a letter from the Sports Editor of the Sunday Independent regretting the small number of results of, and absence of any reports on, matches in this League in the paper since early last season.  This was explained as being due to the lack of success in finding anyone to take on the role of Press Officer for the League.  Resolved that the Sunday Independent should be asked to place an advertisement in its 'sports classified' section regarding the vacancy.  Mr. Alcock volunteered to obtain information on what would be the cost to this League of using the services of the agency which collates results for the League in which his club's first team plays for onward notification to the press.  This offer was accepted.
DOUBLE REGISTRATION.  The apparent completion by a player of a registration form for two different clubs, which had not been picked up during the block registrations at the start of the season, had been reported to the Secretary.  Resolved that the Secretary should ascertain the exact details of the situation and take appropriate action.  (Sec's note:  Following investigation, both clubs involved and the player have been instructed to submit written statements, and all will subsequently be required to attend a meeting of the Executive Officers or Management Committee.)
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for failure to mark a referee: Torrington.  £5 for signing for two clubs: player S Wheatley.  £10 for fielding an unregistered player: Oldcoach Athletic (trebled for non-payment within 14 days), Fremington, Red Star Barum.  All paid.
TRANSFER FORMS.  £65 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for late submission of a result card: Kilkhampton (twice), Shebbear, Georgeham, North Molton.  £5 for failure to give written notification of a postponement: Fremington, Wrey Arms.  £20 for failure to raise a team for a League match: South Molton, Inter FC.  £5 for postponing a higher, instead of a lower, division match: South Molton.  All paid.
£5 for late submission of a result card: Red Star Barum, Georgeham, Oldcoach Athletic.
TREASURER'S REPORT.
BALANCES reported by the Treasurer:  Lloyds Bank current a/c £2479-97;  Portman Fixed Bond £9485-51;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2767-79.  Total balance £18289-01.  All bills had been paid to date.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS. 
FUEL CRISIS.  The Secretary reported to the Committee the action he had taken under rule 4(f) during the petrol shortage, in allowing any away team to postpone a match if it was felt there was insufficient fuel, or if available fuel was required for other purposes.  This action was approved, and it was resolved that this should again be applied should a similar situation arise in the future.
UNDER-17 DIVISION.  The question was raised of whether this League would contemplate running an Under-17 Division, the reason given being that the highest age-group in the North Devon Youth Invitation League was Under-16, and that if teams wished to stay together for one more season before entering adult football, there was currently no alternative to entering a League based in Exeter.  Resolved that firstly information should be sought on whether the Invitation League had any intention to run such a Division in the near future, and the President undertook to do this.  A possible problem as regards this League running such a Division was that some years ago it donated all its Minor Division trophies to the Invitation League.
MR. H POW.  The President reported that he had seen, in the current issue of the North Devon Journal, notice of the death of Mr. Henry Pow of Lynton, a Vice-President of this League.  Resolved that flowers should be obtained and/or a donation to an appropriate charity made, in memory of Mr. Pow.

 

November 2000

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on November 3rd, 2000.
PRESENT:  W Smale (Chairman), A Alcock, A Beer, B Fishleigh, A Johns, T Knight, D Parish, S Platt, M Saunders, P Shelton, M Stevens, P Woodhams, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence:  D Loder, P Prouse, D Todd.
MINUTES of the meeting held on October 6th were approved and signed.
MATTERS ARISING.
NORTH DEVON REFEREES ASSOCIATION.  League Officers had been invited to attend a meeting with the NDRA on January 26, 2001;  an offer which would be accepted.
PRESS OFFICER.  The Chairman reported that no response had been forthcoming from the advertisements in the Sunday Independent.  The information obtained by Mr. Alcock from the First Eleven Sports Agency of Reading had been circulated to all members of the Committee.  Discussion showed that members felt this was exactly the sort of service for which the League had been looking.  Subject to the relevant details being sorted out, it was resolved that the League should appoint the Agency as its Press Officer within the terms of rule 11(d), and that if possible the service should be used as from the first Saturday in December.
DOUBLE REGISTRATION.  Written statements received from the relevant parties showed that there was no corroborative evidence for the different views expressed.  The Committee endorsed the Secretary's action in imposing a fine on the player for signing for two clubs, and (as the situation was similar to that dealt with in the first paragraph of rule 8(h)) ruled that the matches in which he had played should be replayed unless the opposing team wished to let the result stand.
MR. H POW.  Following investigation by the Chairman, a donation had been made to the Children's Hospice South West, in memory of Mr. Pow.
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.  £4-80 passed to the Treasurer from sale of League Handbooks.  All fines listed in the October minutes had been paid.
INTER FC.  A letter received from the club Secretary indicated that for a variety of reasons, which were detailed, the club felt it had no option but to withdraw from the League with immediate effect.  Having heard the circumstances, the Committee ruled that no penalty should be imposed on the club other than forfeiture of its entry subscription for the current season.
COMBE MARTIN.  Letter of thanks received from the club for the donation made from the Benevolent Fund to one of its players who had recently suffered a serious injury.
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
FINES.  £10 for fielding an unregistered player: Oldcoach Athletic.  £5 for no s.a.e. with a registration form: Oldcoach Athletic (trebled for non-payment within 14 days), Landkey.  All paid.
£5 for no s.a.e. with a registration form: Wrey Arms.
TRANSFER FORMS.  £50 passed to the Treasurer.
REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS.  £15 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for late submission of a result card: Torrington Admirals.  £5 for failure to give written notification of a postponement: North Molton, Dolton, High Bickington, Ebberley Arms, Red Star Barum, Ilfracombe Town.  All paid.
£5 for late submission of a result card: Morwenstow, Holsworthy.  £5 for failure to give written notification of a postponement: Barnstaple Riverside, Holsworthy, Braunton, Putford.
TREASURER'S REPORT.
BALANCES reported by the Treasurer:  Lloyds Bank current a/c £2626-91;  Portman Fixed Bond £9485-51;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2925-29.  Total balance £18593-45.  All bills had been paid to date.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
PIVOT TROPHY.  The League (represented by its champion Intermediate club, Woolsery FC) had retained the Pivot Trophy.  The Secretary reported that he had received an offer from an appropriately qualified person stating that, should this League ever wish to revert to fielding a representative, rather than one-club, team in the Pivot Trophy match, he would be happy to manage it.

LEAGUE HANDBOOK.  A member of the local football community involved in the printing trade had enquired about the possibility of printing next season's Handbook.  The Committee endorsed the Secretary's action in advising him that he was perfectly at liberty to submit a tender for the work at the appropriate time.

 

December 2000

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on December 1st, 2000.
PRESENT:  D Parish (Vice-Chairman) in the Chair, A Alcock, A Beer, A Evans, B Fishleigh, A Johns, T Knight, P Prouse, M Saunders, P Shelton, M Stevens, D Todd, P Woodhams, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence:  D Loder, W Smale.
MINUTES of the meeting held on November 3rd were approved and signed.
MATTERS ARISING.
PRESS OFFICER.  Arrangements were in hand for the League to commence using the services of the First Eleven Sports Agency of Reading as from the first Saturday in December.  The first month's operation would be reviewed at the January meeting.
INTER FC.  Confirmation had been received from the Devon County FA that the club had no outstanding commitments when it went out of existence, and its former players are therefore eligible to register for other clubs.
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
None, other than relating to items dealt with under 'Matters Arising'.
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.
All fines listed in the November minutes had been paid.
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
FINES.  None.
TRANSFER FORMS.  £30 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for late submission of a result card: Landkey.  £5 for failure to give written notification of a postponement: Holsworthy, Barnstaple AAC, Ebberley Arms.  All paid.
£5 for failure to give written notification of a postponement: Kilkhampton, Braunton, Dolton, Morwenstow, Wrey Arms, Boca Seniors.
TREASURER'S REPORT.
BALANCES reported by the Treasurer:  Lloyds Bank current a/c £2476-71;  Portman Fixed Bond £9485-51;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2925-29.  Total balance £18443-25.  All bills had been paid to date.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
MR. W SMALLRIDGE.  The League had heard with deep sadness of the death of Mr. Smallridge, the Chairman of the Combe Martin club, whose association with that club stretched back over fifty years.  Following discussion between the League Chairman and the club secretary, a donation from the League in memory of Mr. Smallridge had been sent to the Children's Hospice South West.
LEAGUE TROPHIES.  Due to the illness of the proprietor, the firm of Phillips Trophies, who have supplied the League in recent years, has ceased trading.  It was reported that the Chairman had made arrangements for another firm, Trophyman, to become the League's new suppliers.
DISCIPLINE.  It was reported that under the Devon County FA's revised arrangements under which disciplinary hearings would once again be held in the Areas, rather than all at Newton Abbot, a hearing would be held in Bideford during the following week.
NEXT MEETING of the Management Committee, North Devon Library, Tuly St., Barnstaple.  Friday January 5th, 2001.  7.30pm. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCIPLINE.  The meeting decided that clubs should be reminded that if a player commits a second offence immediately after having committed a first, (for example if, having been ordered from the field for foul play, a player then directs abusive language against the match official), this now leads to both a second charge against the player and a charge against his club.

 

January 2001

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on January 5th, 2001.
PRESENT:  W Smale (Chairman), A Alcock, A Beer, B Fishleigh, A Johns, T Knight, D Loder, D Parish, S Platt, M Saunders, P Shelton, M Stevens, D Todd, P Woodhams, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence:  A Evans, P Prouse.
MINUTES of the meeting held on December 1st were approved and signed.
MATTERS ARISING.
PRESS OFFICER.  The first month's use of the services of the First Eleven Sports Agency was reported to have gone smoothly, with very few problems.  A brief discussion took place on use of the service for the rest of the season and in the future.
MR. W SMALLRIDGE.  A letter had been received from the Director of the Children's Hospice South West expressing thanks for the donation from the League in memory of Mr. Smallridge
LEAGUE TROPHIES.  The Chairman reported that he had placed an order for this season's medals from the firm of Trophyman.
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
BARNSTAPLE RIVERSIDE.  Letter received from the club giving notice of its withdrawal from the Senior Division of the League.  Mr. D Loder, the Secretary of the club, had been elected at the last AGM as the representative of Senior Division clubs on the Management Committee, and the position was therefore now technically vacant.  Resolved unanimously that Mr. Loder should continue to fill the position until the next AGM.
FREMINGTON  v WOOLSERY, Senior Division, December 30.  Correspondence had been received that this match had been abandoned after approximately 65 minutes due to the condition of the pitch with the score at 2-1.  Resolved under the terms of League rule 10(k) that the match should be replayed.
BARNSTAPLE AAC v FREMINGTON, Intermediate Division One, December 16.  (Mr. Knight withdrew during consideration of this item of business.)  Correspondence received that this match had been abandoned at half-time due to weather conditions with the score at 4-0.  Also, the Fremington club had admitted fielding an unregistered player in the match.  Resolved under the terms of League rule 10(k) that the score should stand as the final result and the penalties specified in rule 8(h) should be imposed on the Fremington club.
PREMIER DIVISION FACILITIES.  Requests had been received from the Georgeham and Lynton clubs for League officers to visit their grounds.
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.
All fines listed in the December minutes had been paid.
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for no s.a.e. with a registration form: Bradworthy.  Paid.
TRANSFER FORMS.  £60 passed to the Treasurer.
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION.  £5 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINES.  £20 for failure to raise a team for a cup match: South Molton.  Paid.
£25 for failure to raise a team for a League match: Ebberley Arms.  £5 for late submission of a result card: Red Star Barum, Lovacott, Morwenstow.  £5 for failure to give written notification of a postponement: Buckland Brewer, Oldcoach Athletic, Landkey, Ebberley Arms.
TREASURER'S REPORT.
BALANCES reported by the Treasurer:  Lloyds Bank current a/c £2476-16;  Portman Fixed Bond £9485-51;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2925-29.  Total balance £18442-70.  All bills had been paid to date.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
NEW REFEREES.  Mr. Stevens reported that the names of a number of new referees would shortly be appearing on the appointments lists.
FLOWERS.  The Chairman reported that he had continued the practice of recent years and sent, in time for Christmas, bunches of flowers from the League to Mrs. Bartlett and Mrs. Edwards, the widows of two former League officers.  Thanks for and appreciation of the gifts had been expressed by both ladies.
MEETING WITH N DEVON REFEREES ASSOCIATION.  The Secretary reminded the Committee that League Officers had been invited to attend a meeting of the Association on January 26th, and would be doing so.
HIRE OF I.T. EQUIPMENT.  The Committee approved unanimously a proposal by the Chairman that a payment should be made to the Secretary for the hire on League business of new equipment which he was shortly to have installed.  (Among other improvements this will enable e-mail to be used for communication where possible, thus reducing the League's postage costs.)
EFFECT OF BAD WEATHER.  A brief discussion took place on how a situation of continuing bad weather would be handled.  The Secretary reported that a number of courses of action were available, one of which obviously was to request the Devon County FA to approve an extension to the season.  The Chairman stated that the situation would be monitored and action taken if thought appropriate and/or necessary.

February 2001

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on February 2nd, 2001.
PRESENT:  W Smale (Chairman), A Alcock, A Beer, A Evans, B Fishleigh, A Johns, T Knight, D Loder, S Platt, M Saunders, P Shelton, M Stevens, D Todd, P Woodhams, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence:  P Prouse.
MINUTES of the meeting held on January 5th were approved and signed.
MATTERS ARISING.
PRESS OFFICER.  A few fines had been imposed on clubs for failure to phone in their results, but general satisfaction was expressed with the way the scheme was progressing.
LEAGUE TROPHIES.  The Chairman reported that he had already taken delivery of all this season's medals.
PREMIER DIVISION FACILITIES.  The Chairman had visited the Georgeham and Lynton clubs and had indicated what work needed carrying out in order to meet Premier Division requirements.  A request for an inspection of facilities had been received from Barnstaple AAC.
NEW REFEREES.  Correspondence had been received from Mr. T Carrick, the N Devon Assessing Officer, thanking the officials and players of four clubs for their 'great restraint under difficult circumstances' during the first two matches officiated by one new referee.  He felt this would help the referee improve as he gained more experience.
MEETING WITH N DEVON REFEREES ASSOCIATION.  The Chairman and Secretary reported on the meeting they, and the Vice-Chairman, had had with the NDRA.  The RA had put forwarded five proposals which the Association members wished the League to consider.  These were reported to the Committee and an initial discussion on them took place.  The Secretary reported that details would be circulated to clubs, and that the Committee would again consider the proposals, bearing in mind the views expressed by clubs, nearer the date of the annual Rules Revision Meeting.
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
PITCH DIMENSIONS.  A detailed report had been received from a referee pointing out that many of the markings on the pitch of one particular club in the League were not of the correct dimensions.  Both the correct measurements and the actual ones were given.  The report had been forwarded to the club with an instruction that the corrections should be implemented once the weather permitted.
EXTENSION TO THE SEASON.  Approval had been received from the DCFA for League Officers to extend the season, if and when they thought it appropriate to do so, by any amount of time up to and including Sunday May 27.  The Secretary stated that the first occasion on which it might be relevant to take any decision would be after the first round of the League Cups on February 10.  At present the end of the season remains May 12.
LATE KICK-OFFS.  Referees had reported the Fremington and Boca Seniors clubs for being responsible for matches kicking-off late.  The explanation offered by the Fremington club was accepted and no penalty imposed.  The Boca Seniors club was fined £5 under League rule 10(c).
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.
All fines listed in the January minutes had been paid.
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
FINES.  £10 for fielding an unregistered player: Fremington.  £15 (fine of £5 imposed two seasons ago, and trebled for non-payment) for signing for two clubs: player T Braund.  Both paid.
TRANSFER FORMS.  £110 passed to the Treasurer.
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION.  £5 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for late submission of a result card: High Bickington.  £5 for failure to phone Press Officer: Bratton Fleming, Swimbridge, Putford, Pilton.  All paid.
£5 for late submission of a result card: Ebberley Arms.  £5 for failure to phone Press Officer: Georgeham, Morwenstow, Red Star Barum, Ebberley Arms.
TREASURER'S REPORT.
BALANCES reported by the Treasurer:  Lloyds Bank current a/c £1259-08;  Portman Fixed Bond £9485-51;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2925-29.  Total balance £17225-62.  All bills (including payment for this season's medals) had been paid to date.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
None.

 

March 2001

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on March 2nd, 2001.
PRESENT:  W Smale (Chairman), A Alcock,  A Evans, A Johns, T Knight, D Parish, S Platt, P Prouse, M Saunders, P Shelton, M Stevens, D Todd, P Woodhams, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence: A Beer, B Fishleigh, D Loder .
MINUTES of the meeting held on February 2nd were approved and signed.
MATTERS ARISING.
EXTENSION TO THE SEASON.  Recent developments on this would be reported under ‘Correspondence Received’. 
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
LATE KICK-OFF.  A referee had reported the Ebberley Arms club for being responsible for a match kicking-off late.  No correspondence on the matter had been received from the club.  The Ebberley Arms club was fined £5 under League rule 10(c).
NATIONAL PARTICIPANTS DATABASE.  The Devon County FA had forwarded to the League a copy of the FA document with this title, requesting opinions on it.  The Committee unanimously supported the personal view which the Secretary had already expressed to the County FA, that while the Database was in principle a good idea, it was essential to keep the registration of players on it in the hands of Leagues, not County Associations.
MAINTENANCE OF PITCHES AT ROCK PARK, BARNSTAPLE.  The Secretary had received a copy of a letter sent by Mr. T McLoughlin, the referee who inspects the pitches, to Mr. S Light, who administers the pitches for the Area, reporting the minimal amount of maintenance which they receive by the local District Council.  In a phone conversation with the Secretary, Mr. Light had requested that a letter of support should be sent from the League for his attempts to get the Council to improve their level of maintenance.  After lengthy discussion the Committee decided that this was really Area business, but that if the Area requested the League to write such a letter, it would be done.
BRADWORTHY v GEORGEHAM (Senior Division).  Referee Mr. White reported that he had abandoned this match after 56 minutes with the score at 0-0, due to a serious injury to one of the players.  The Committee considered the match in accordance with rule 10(k), and ruled that it should be replayed.
OUTBREAK OF FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE.  Memorandum received from the Devon County FA requested Leagues to look favourably on club requests for postponement of matches where these were made.  The League was allowing either club in a match to postpone it for this reason.  The Committee approved the Secretary’s proposals for the rest of the season: (i) Blanket extension for all clubs until May 27.  (ii) Any postponed second-round Cup matches to be played on March 24, with semi-finals on April 14.  (iii) By mutual consent penalties could be used to decide a cup-tie at the end of a first match, rather than requiring a replay.
League Officers were authorised to take whatever decisions appeared appropriate as the situation developed.
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.
All fines listed in the February minutes had been paid.
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for failure to sign a team sheet: Bideford.  £5 for no s.a.e. with a registration form: Oldcoach Athletic.  Both paid.
£5 for late submission of a team sheet: Landkey.
TRANSFER FORMS.  £25 passed to the Treasurer.
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION.  £5 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINES.  £20 for failure to raise a team for a cup match: Dolton.  £5 for failure to phone in a cup result: Torrington.  £5 for failure to report a postponement in writing: Barnstaple AAC.  £5 for failure to phone a result to the Press Officer:   South Molton.  £25 for failure to raise a team for a League match: Ebberley Arms.  All paid.
£5 for failure to notify a postponement in writing: Ebberley Arms.  £5 for failure to phone a result to the Press Officer: Holsworthy.
TREASURER'S REPORT.
BALANCES reported by the Treasurer:  Lloyds Bank current a/c £1162-34;  Portman Fixed Bond £9485-51;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2925-29.  Total balance £17128-88.  All bills had been paid to date.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
RETURN OF TROPHIES.  All trophies had been returned before or at the meeting except those won last season by Red Star Barum and Holsworthy.  (Sec’s note:  The Chairman later reported that Red Star Barum had returned their trophy to his house while he was attending the meeting.  Rule 19 states return must be “on or before the date of the March meeting”, and this action was therefore in accordance with the rule.)  A fine of £50 in each case was imposed on the Holsworthy club for non-return of the two trophies in their possession.
INSPECTION OF FACILITIES.  The Chairman reported that he still had to visit the Barnstaple AAC ground regarding its position in relation to Premier Division facilities.  Requests had been received from the Woolsery and Bratton Fleming clubs regarding guidance on facilities not specifically related to Premier Division requirements.

LEAGUE PHOTOCOPIER.  The Secretary was authorised to purchase a new photocopier for the League as and when it appeared necessary to do so.

 

April 2001

MINUTES of a meeting of the MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE of the BIDEFORD TOOL NORTH DEVON ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE, held on April 6th, 2001.
PRESENT:  W Smale (Chairman), A Alcock,  A Beer, A Evans, B Fishleigh, A Johns, T Knight, D Loder, D Parish, S Platt, P Prouse, M Saunders, P Shelton, D Todd, A Woolf.
APOLOGIES for absence: M Stevens, P Woodhams.
MINUTES of the meeting held on March 2nd were approved and signed.
MATTERS ARISING.
INSPECTION OF FACILITIES.  The Chairman reported that due to the suspension of the season the inspections had not yet been carried out.
LEAGUE PHOTOCOPIER.  The Secretary reported that the photocopier was now again in working order.
OUTBREAK OF FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE.  In accordance with the authorisation given to them at the March meeting, the League Officers had, on hearing the news on Wednesday March 14th of the outbreak at Monkleigh, near Bideford, taken the decision to abandon the League's season with immediate effect.  This action was approved by a majority decision.
A letter received from the NDRA expressed some concerns about the method used to circulate news regarding the abandonment of the season, while fully appreciating the circumstances in which this had had to be done.
The following decisions were taken regarding season 2000-2001:
(i) No titles would be awarded, and no trophies or medals presented.
(ii) All teams would commence season 2001-2002 in the same Divisions as they had commenced season 2000-2001.
(iii) Any minor adjustments necessary as a result of new entries and/or withdrawals to be based on the final League tables for season 1999-2000.
This would mean, in effect, that season 2000-2001 was declared null and void. In view of this it was resolved that the annual subscription for season 2001-2002 for all teams in membership of the League at the time season 2000-2001 was abandoned, would be nil.
CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED.
NORTH DEVON REFEREES ASSOCIATION.  Correspondence from the NDRA related to what the Association saw as the two most important of the proposals it had recently put to the League.  A rule relating to the proposed flat-rate fee would be drafted at the Rules Revision meeting.  The NDRA would be invited to submit a draft proposal for a rule relating to the reporting on clubs by referees, which would then be considered by the meeting.
MR & MRS J FRY.  The Chairman had learned during the previous month of the Golden Wedding of Mr and Mrs Fry, (Mr Fry being a former Chairman of this League), and had sent a gift of flowers on behalf of the League to mark the occasion.  This action was approved.  A letter of thanks from Mr and Mrs Fry had been received.
GENERAL FINANCIAL BUSINESS.
All fines listed in the March minutes had been paid.
FINE.  £5 for late arrival of a team: Ebberley Arms.  Paid.
REGISTRATION BUSINESS.
TRANSFER FORM.  £5 passed to the Treasurer.
FIXTURES BUSINESS.
FINES.  £5 for failure to phone in a cup result: Shamwickshire, Bude Town.  £5 for failure to phone a result to the Press Officer:  Ebberley Arms, Lovacott, Woolsery.  £5 for a late result card:  Wrey Arms.  All paid.
£5 for a late result card:  Ebberley Arms.  This fine had not been paid within the permitted time, and had therefore been trebled to £15.  The trebled fine had not been paid within the permitted further seven days, and the club was therefore now suspended until such time as the outstanding fine and the suspension release fee are paid.  (Sec.'s note:  This amount has subsequently been paid, and the suspension therefore lifted.)
TREASURER'S REPORT.
BALANCES reported by the Treasurer (subsequent to the meeting):  Lloyds Bank current a/c £997-92;  Portman Fixed Bond £9485-51;  Portman Instant Access a/c £3555-74;  Benevolent Fund £2925-29.  Total balance £16964-46.  All bills had been paid to date.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
FA CUP FINAL TICKETS.  In the event of the League being allocated any tickets for this year's final, the Secretary was authorised to follow the procedure used in recent years for their distribution.
MAY MEETING.  In view of the abandonment of the season it was decided that a meeting of the Committee in May would not be necessary.

 

May 2001

There was no May meeting.

 

AGM 2001

Not available at present.