North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette Football League North Devon Gazette Football League North Devon Gazette Football League Winners 2011/12

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2011/12

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - May - June - AGM

September 2011

Present:- A. Evans(Chair), D. Parish, B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, T. Alcock,  J. Fry,              M. Stevens, B. Huxtable, M Saunders,
Apologies:-  T. Knight,  S. Dennis, B. Fishleigh, M. Jenkins,  

Matters Arising
Team Withdrawal – Bradworthy Res:- It was reported to the League that Bradworthy will have to withdraw their Reserve side due to lack of player commitment, Sec Note:- Rule 14B iii  states the League will not fine a club that has withdrawn before the commencement of the fixtures. The club has been informed that its Entry Fee will be not be refunded and the Reserves may not enter next season as per Rule ND14.1

Team Withdrawal – Combe Martin Res:- It was reported to the League that Combe Martin would have to withdraw their Reserve side due to lack of player commitment, Sec Note:- Rule 14B iii  states the League will not fine a club that has withdrawn before the commencement of the fixtures. The club has been informed that its Entry Fee will be not be refunded and the Reserves may not enter next season as per Rule ND14.1

Abandoned Game – North Molton 3rds v Bratton Fleming Res:-  It was reported to the league that on Wednesday 31st Aug the game was abandoned in the 53rd minute with the score being 2-1 due to a leg injury to a Bratton player. An Ambulance was called and the Referee abandoned the game due to not being able to finish the game with the amount of light remaining. Both teams confirmed the details in a statement. North Molton requested the score to stand and Bratton Fleming requested it to be replayed.
Committee’s decision was for the fixture to be replayed

Chittlehampton Res v Pilton Res:- This game was postponed by Chittlehampton on Friday Morning. Both clubs were asked why this game had been postponed so early on a Friday. Committee was briefed on both clubs statements. Committee’s decision was the game to be rescheduled by the Fixtures Secretary and a warning issued to Chittlehampton with regards to postponing a game due to lack of Referee’s to early. A message will also be sent to all clubs.
 
Golden Boot/Glove Sponsorship:- League Secretary had a meeting with MJM Sports who are still happy to sponsor the Golden Boot and Glove. League Secretary had informed MJM Sports that any sponsorship in the form of cash prizes will be invoiced by the league and paid directly to the winning players. Other prizes of Trophies and Boots/Gloves will be presented to the players. Committee agreed to accept MJM Sports offer of Sponsorship and to use the cash prizes in vouchers for MJM Sports. Webpage to be updated with sponsors logo’s, newspapers informed.

Correspondence Received
County Cups:- Email received from Devon FA with the fixtures for the first 2 rounds of the County Cups, this was sent out to all clubs.

League Accountant:- Email received from Nick Beaumont confirming that he is happy to continue to independently examine the league accounts.  A Spreadsheet was prepared by the Treasurer and sent to Nick for checking and he is happy to do things electronically. This should speed up the process for everyone.

Youth Football Tournament:- Email received informing the League that there will be a Youth Football Tournament at Park School, Rock Park and Tarka Tennis on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th May 2012. Clubs have been informed
 
Registration Business
Registrations - 1546
Transfers - 24

Fixtures Business
This season FULL-TIME web site improvements helped to make the new fixture list look much better, some still have he odd gap, but that’s down to pitch sharing.
To date, 108 games have been played in August compared with 68 last season.
A great start; all games have been scheduled by 21st April 2012, leaving a few extra weeks for any re-scheduled games.
A few clubs have chosen to postpone the fixtures, but that is allowed, new dates need to be submitted within the rule of 14 days.
Cup draw will be uploaded in September with the games scheduled in Jan and Feb for the early rounds.

Treasurers Report
Lloyds TSB has been informed to change the address of all bank statements. Cheque signatures have been changed to Bill Smale & Mick Tattersall; both signatures are required for every cheque. Philip Shelton and Peter Woodhams have been removed.
Treasurer will be opening a separate account for the Benevolent Fund as soon as the details are changed.

League Fund                        £19,494.15
Benevolent Fund                                 £  3,960.00
                                                ­_________
Total Balance                     £23,454.15
                                                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines:-
£10 – Ilfracombe Town – Tom Sibbald Signing for 2 clubs (Paid)
£10 – Antony Thorne – Signing for 2 clubs (Paid)
£10 - Landkey Town – Jamie Ousley Signing for 2 Clubs (Paid)
£10 – Bude Town - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Liam Faid v South Molton – Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to Opposition
£10 - Robert Hamley – Signing for 2 Clubs
£5 – Equalisers – Late Teamsheet

Fixture Fines:-  None

League Fines:-
£30 – Fine Trebled - Mitchell Wensley – Signing for 2 Clubs
£30 – Fine Trebled – Kieran Evans – Signing for 2 Clubs
£30 – Fine Trebled - Owain Freshwater – Signing for 2 Clubs

Other Business
Management Meetings:- All 2011-12 Management Meetings have been booked. Meetings will start promptly at 7pm in the Henry Williamson Suite at Barnstaple Library. Dates are 2nd Sept, 7th Oct, 4th Nov, 2nd Dec (emergency only), 6th Jan, 3rd Feb, 2nd Mar, 6th April, 4th may, 1st June (to include Rules Revision)

Cup Final Dates:- League Secretary proposes the following dates for the League Cup Finals. NDJ Cup – 21st April, Arlington Cup – 28th April, Combe Martin Cup – 5th May, Brayford Cup – 12th May. Venues will be arranged closer to the time. Approved

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- The first Albert Beer Memorial Shield was on Saturday 6th August. The game collected £152 on the day and that will be donated to the Benevolent Fund. Albert Beer’s family also donated £200. League Secretary proposes that this fixture be played on the first Saturday of August each year with a venue to be arranged closer to the time. Approved

New Secretaries:- All new clubs secretaries have met with the League Secretary in accordance with League Rules.

Text Result Service:- All clubs have now been configured onto the Text Result Service. 99% of all fixtures are processed correctly and directly onto the League Fixtures and Results website.

League Sponsorship:- Invoice has been sent to the North Devon Gazette for this seasons sponsorship.

North Devon Journal Cup Sponsorship:- Invoice has been sent to the North Devon Journal for this seasons sponsorship.

Council Members:-  League Secretary wished to congratulate on behalf of the Leaguem committee members Tony Alcock and Brain Fishleigh on becoming North Area Council Members. He also wished to congratulate Tony Cloak on his appointment too. The League Secretary also pointed out there is a position on the Council for a League Rep now Tony has full Council Status and anyone interested on the committee should speak to the League Secretary regarding this.

Golden Boots and Gloves Competitions:- The Registration Secretary would like to thank all clubs for providing the goal scorer information. In the very few cases where it is forgotten, an email is sent giving a club a further opportunity to submit their scorers. This has worked well. Due to the large number of team sheets being received each day it is proposed to launch the tables on the website in a week or so. By then the midweek matches will have ended and team sheets will be received on a more even basis. The tables will therefore show a more accurate picture of the current positions.

Discipline:-  Dave Parish informed the committee that as off next year, a clubs discipline will count towards its charter standard. Clubs with server discipline may even lose it charter standard. Match Based suspension maybe moving into the youth league. Also Referee’s not handing in their paperwork for cautions and sending’s off will be dealt with severely by Devon FA.

Referee Appointments:- All games have been covered with a Referee bar 1.

Tony Alcock:- Thanks the League Secretary for taking the role of Treasurer and moving the job more electronic. He also thanks all the Secretaries for a great job they do for the League. Tony also liked to point out the important role of a League Rep and asked if the League Secretary may consider this role if he feels he has the time to commit to it amongst his other duties.

John Fry:- John just reiterated the congratulations to the new council members and congratulated the Secretaries on their roles in the league and having taken the administration forward using computers. Also thanking the League Secretary for taking the Role of Treasurer.

Referee Course:- Pete Sercombe pointed out to the Committee that Andy Walters will be running another Referee Training course starting on the 27th September. League advised that we had already published this on the website for Andy.

Northside Changing Rooms:- Brett Huxtable voiced his concern regarding the changing rooms at Northside Atlantic having no Referee room when he was the official and also the players working to the park in boots on concrete paths. League Secretary will speak with Northside regarding this.

Back to the top

October 2011 - Draft Minutes

Present:- D. Parish (Chair), M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, J. Fry, B. Huxtable, M Saunders, T. Knight, S. Dennis, B. Fishleigh, M. Jenkins,
Apologies:- B. Smale, T. Alcock, M. Stevens, A. Evans

Minutes of the meeting held September 2nd 2011 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising
Team Withdrawal – AFC Anchor Res:- It was reported to the League that AFC Anchor will have to withdraw their Reserve side due to lack of player commitment, Rule 14B (i) Any Club infringing this Rule after the fixtures have commenced shall be liable to a fine not exceeding £75 per team and shall also be liable for its share of any call which may be made under Rule 5(B). Rule to apply Fine set at £50#

Player Suspensions:- League Secretary spoke with Devon FA regarding the matches that qualify for a players suspension. League Secretary pointed out by not allowing Independent Cups to qualify against a suspension it becomes unfair if a player has to serve a 3 game suspension but has an independent cup game in-between thus missing 4 games. Richard Pallot advised that if the League wished he would add independent cups as qualifying games. League agrees for this to happen on approval in writing from Devon FA

Correspondence Received
Referee’s Expenses:- Email received from Northam Lions regarding a complaint that some Referee’s are overcharging on expenses. I advised the club to check the mileage on Google Maps before a game then you know how much it should be and can question the Referee. I also passed this to the Referee’s Association for discussion as I felt it was an issue they should be deal with. Response from NDRA- This was discussed at our branch meeting and it was suggested that match officials should charge from their home address as indicated in the Devon County FA Handbook as they would for any other appointment. Everyone within our branch now knows and the referee concerned was at the meeting and hopefully this will not happen again. With regards to match officials charging from within the same town I can only hope they are truthful and not overcharge a club or in other scenarios undercharge as this is unfair on another match official where over charging is unfair as it cost clubs enough money as it is

Wrey Arms Secretary:- Email received from Dave Loder advising the League that his clubs committee have appointed him as Fixtures Secretary due to the Current Secretary Thelma Folland having a Family Issue and this will relieve her of some of the fixtures duties until such time she can take full control. League Secretary advised the Club that although we have no issue with Dave helping Thelma to relieve some of the pressure, the League will only deal with the Club Secretary (Thelma) and advised Thelma to make sure that she is fully aware off everything that is happening at the club as any issues will be sent and dealt with by her only. Committee Agreed

Registration Business
Registrations - 1674
Transfers - 45

Fixtures Business
A good start to the season from the majority of teams, thanks.
241 from 872 games played, almost 30%
We had 5 postponed games, not re-scheduled; they have been now by the fixture secretary. ALL teams to check new dates so they don’t miss the fixtures.
Clubs to be reminded of their requirements to cover the new date within 14 days.
Cup draws are now added tot he web-site, first dates are 21.Jan 2012

Treasurers Report
Benevolent Fund Account has been requested and will be named North Devon Football League Benevolent Fund; it will have the same signatures as League Account.
League Fund £19,018.65
Benevolent Fund £ 4,010.00
_________
Total Balance £23,028.65
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-

£10 – Georgeham & Croyde Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Vivian Proctor v Torridgeside Res – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Georgeham & Croyde Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Andy Goodson v Braunton Fourths – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Tom Glover v Chittlehampton – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Northam Lions Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player – John Sandwell v AFC Anchor – Goals Wiped and Game awarded to opposition (Paid)
£5 – Torrington Res – Late Teamsheet (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Northam Lions Thirds – Reporting an Incorrect Result (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery Res – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)

League Fines:-
£15 – Fine Trebled – Sporting Barum – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Pilton Res – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)

Other Business
Teams Strengthening:-
League Secretary has had complaints from 5 clubs now regarding teams allegedly intentionally strengthening their sides before the 7 games rule comes in effect. All clubs have been informed that we understand their frustration but there is no rule in place that has been broken as the old Rule 10E regarding the spirit of the game had been removed from the standard code. They were also advised that some clubs will still be organising who plays at what standard, clubs have player injuries, holidays and work commitments. However clubs were warned at the AGM if they bend the rules and clubs complain then the league will look into this again. This is purely for information only and was not up for discussion; League Secretary will monitor the situation throughout the season.

Bideford Res New Secretary:- Bideford Res have appointed Sam Stephens as their new Secretary, Sam has met with the League Secretary as per League Rules.

Players Suspended:- Mitchell Wensley and Kieran Evans are now suspended from the North Devon League for non payment of Fine.

League Cup Man of the Match:- North Devon Gazette have agreed to provide a Man of the Match award and Bottle of Bubbly for the Arlington, Combe Martin & Brayford Cup Finals. This will replace the fair play trophies that was agreed in the Sponsorship deal..

Referee Training:- Andy Walters advised the League that the new Referee course will have 17 people on it, although most are under 16, 7 are Adults and will be good for the local leagues..

Northside Changing Rooms:- Northside advised the League that they do have a Referee’s room but it was out of commission on this 1 occasion due to the Rowing club.

Congratulations:- The league like to congratulate the following for their Nominations in the North Devon Journal Sports Awards. Referee Brett Huxtable for Official of the Year, Boca Seniors Manager Darren Todd for Coach of the Year and Hartland Secretary Edith Cook for outstanding services to North Devon Sport. We would like to wish them all the very best at the Awards Dinner.

Devon FA Discipline:- Dave Parish in his role of Discipline Chairman at Devon FA advised the League that Referee’s that have been reported for not sending in cards to the county are being severely dealt with. In one case a suspension was given to the Referee.

Fremington Changing Facilities:- It was brought to the attention of the committee regarding the Fremington changing facilities especially the size of the Referee’s room. 1 member of the committee was under the impression that this hut was a temporary measure and plans were to move back into the old changing facilities. League Secretary was asked to speak with Fremington and get a statement in writing if there is any forward planning especially with the club wishing to get into the Premier Division.

Devon FA Video Conferencing:- WebEx video conferencing being rolled out by Devon FA and available to leagues to use if they want.

Back to the top

November 2011 - Draft Minutes

Present:- D. Parish (Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, M Saunders,  T. Knight, S. Dennis,  M. Stevens,  T. Alcock.
Apologies:-  B. Huxtable, M. Jenkins, J. Fry, B. Fishleigh
Minutes of the meeting held October 7th 2011 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising
Player Suspensions:- Following on from last months minutes regarding independent cups  being included in a players suspension. The committee requested clarification as to whether Richard Pallot had the authority to allow this to happen. Devon FA Discipline Secretary Richard Pallot has confirmed the following:- As regards the independent cups, The FA have left the decision as to what a qualifying match is for suspensions up to the County Discipline officer and the league in question, it’s a joint decision based on common sense and how workable it is. As long as the league and myself are in agreement there is no problem as to which competitions can be used, that agreement has been reached so please use the independent cups as we have discussed.

Fremington Changing Facilities:- Following on from last months minutes regarding Fremington’s Changing Facilities. The committee requested clarification as to the future plans for the clubs changing facilities.  The issued the following statement:- In response to the concerns regarding our changing facilities, we do have options with regard to the future that include the following: The Community Hall, next to the pitch, is due to be knocked down and rebuilt to include changing facilities. Fremington Army Camp is due to have considerable building on the site which would include both a pitch and changing facilities. We will be in talks with Fremington Council with regard to the availability of the old changing rooms adjacent to the pitch. At the present moment if we should have a game requiring 3 officials they would take priority over the home team and change first, using both the referees and the home team changing rooms. This was accepted by the committee

Correspondence Received
New Club:- Email received from a club enquiring about entering the league next season from the Kingsley League. Message was left for the Club Secretary to give the League Secretary a call when convenient.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1715
Transfers - 63

Fixtures Business
328 from 872 games played, 38%

All teams going well with league fixtures, thanks to all.
4 team have not been beaten,
Bideford Res in the Senior
Merton in Int One
Torridgeside Res and Barnstaple FC in Int Two.
We have only one team that has not gained any points this season.

Treasurer's Report
Benevolent Fund Account is now up and running.

League Fund                      £19,094.28
Benevolent Fund                £  3,920.00
                                         _________
Total Balance                  £23,014.28
                                         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines:-
£5 – Torridgeside – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC – Billy Hinson – Signing for 2 Clubs (Paid)
£10 – Shamwickshire Rovers Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Ashley Glover v Park Utd – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Bude Town - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Keith Felton v North Molton Res – Goals Wiped and Game awarded to opposition
£10 – Hartland - Fielding an Ineligible Player – Dan Edge v Woolacombe & Mortehoe – Game Lost no further Punishment

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Pilton – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Pilton Res – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Appledore Res – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Torridgeside – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC Res - Reporting an Incorrect Result (Paid)

League Fines:-
£50 – AFC Anchor – Withdrawing Reserve Team (Paid)

Other Business

Golden Boot and Gloves:- Working very well and feedback received from clubs is favourable. The Registrations Secretary is getting around to clubs to get photos of players for the page.
Devon County Cups:- It was the next round tomorrow (5th November) and good luck was wished to the remaining North Devon Gazette League clubs in their respective cups.
Benevolent Fund Donation:- Donation of £10 received from the Westward Ho! Cup, an email of thanks was sent.
Xmas Flowers:- The Committee agreed for Bill Smale to organise flowers to be sent to Mrs Shapland as per previous years, the League sends flowers to the widow of former league officers.

December Management Meeting:- Management Committee agreed that the Meeting arranged for December was not required and agreed that all emergency or urgent decisions regarding the League would be made by the League Secretary and the decision advised to the Committee in January.

Back to the top

December 2011

There was no December meeting, all business was dealt with by the League Secretary and will be reported on at the January meeting.

Back to the top

January 2012

Present:- B. Smale (Chair), M. Tattersall, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, , M. Jenkins
Apologies:- R. Bates, T. Alcock. Alan Evans, B. Fishleigh, D. Parish,

Matters Arising

In accordance with Rule 5F, the committee did not have 6 members to make a Quorum to deal with business but as the League Secretary was authorised to deal with all business on behalf of the Management Committee in the November meeting, he advised that all business except the Protest by Pilton Academicals will be heard in the February meeting.

The League Secretary therefore created a Sub Committee with full management committee powers to make a decision on behalf of the League against the Protest by Pilton Academicals. The Sub Committee consisted off Bill Smale, Mark Jenkins, Alan Webster and Pete Sercombe.

Pilton Academicals Protest:- Pilton have official protested Fine H0047 fielding an unregistered player Adam Gregory in accordance to rule 15D. Pilton’s protest letter was read to the Sub Committee. The League Secretary also briefed the Sub Committee on all correspondence and advice offered from the League Secretary and Registration Secretary.  The Sub Committee agreed that the current decision should stand and the protest fee retained by the League. Although it is apparent that Pilton made a clerical error on its team sheet, the fact is the club signed a team sheet stating that it is correct, the league therefore only holds 1 registration for an Adam Gregory and thus the 2nd named player becomes unregistered. The Sub Committee also wanted to point out that it is the responsibility of the Clubs to make sure the team sheet is correct before signing and submitting to the League. The Secretaries have been very consistent with this procedure and gave their full backing for the decision that was made. Pilton were also advised that should they wish to appeal this decision then they may take this up with Devon FA in accordance with Rule 16.

Back to the top

February 2012

Present:- D. Parish(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, M Saunders, M. Stevens, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkins, B. Fishleigh, T. Alcock.
Apologies:- Alan Evans, T. Knight, J. Fry,
Minutes of the meeting held January 6th 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising
Georgeham Parish Council Complaint:- A letter was received from Georgeham Parish Council requesting assistance from the League regarding the amount of foul language being used at a recent home game. This letter was also sent to the Referee’s Appointment Board and Georgeham and Croyde AFC. League Secretary emailed the Parish Council advising that the League has spoken to the Referee’s appointments board and requested the Referee’s step in if foul and abusive language is being used, an email went to all clubs, NDRAB, NDRA advising them of this situation and to pass this message to their Managers, Referees & Officials. Georgeham Parish Council emailed back to thank the league for its speediness in helping to resolve this issue.  Email also received from Georgeham & Croyde AFC thanking the league for its help with this letter,

Correspondence Received
Player First Aid:- Email received from Referee Ian Gilmore, requesting the league sends out a reminder regarding first aid equipment especially water. He has encountered some clubs without any form of water and borrowing their opponents bucket. Also none paying attention when a player is down and needing assistance and even coming on the pitch forgetting the first aid. A Reminder email has been sent

Inter League Fixtures:- Email received from Chris Davey from D&E League with reference to possible setting up some inter league fixtures.  D&E have a representative team in the FA Inter League Cup and was wondering if NDFL would be interested in some Inter League Fixtures. West Devon has said yes.  Email sent to all clubs requesting feedback with some showing interest to help with a select team and venues. The League has not heard anything else about this, so until it does no further action will be required.

Devon FA Richard Pallot:- Email received from Richard reminding all league to inform their clubs that any player that receives his 5th Yellow card from the 1st January will not have to serve the standard 1 match suspension, a10th Yellow however carries a 2 match ban. All clubs were notified.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1848
Transfers -  103

Fixtures Business
At 06/01/12 the League was 100 leagues games in front compared with last season, not such a good Jan ,3 weeks of poor weather

Treasurers Report
Benevolent Fund Account is now up and running.

League Fund                        £21,399.81
Benevolent Fund                  £  3,820.00
                                          _________
Total Balance                   £25,219.81
                                          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£5 – Appledore Res – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Woolsery Res – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Pilton Res – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Bude – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Barnstaple AAC – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£10 – Buckland Brewer – Failure to Mark a Referee (Paid)
£10 – Shamwickshire – Failure to Mark a Referee (Paid)
£10 – Anchor Chiefs - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Mick Gist v Torridgeside Res – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Equalisers - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Luke Philips v Clovelly – Goals Wiped and Game awarded to opposition (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Fourths - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Rai Yakso v Barnstaple FC – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Pilton - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Adam Gregory v Braunton Res – Goals Wiped and Game awarded to opposition (Paid)
£10 – Hartland - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Jack Hobbs v Braunton Thirds – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Hartland Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Billy Wickfield v Bratton Fleming Res – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Northam Lions - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Liam Bushby v Shamwickshire Res – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Rich Wigley v Chittlehampton – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Torrington - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Tom Hawkes v Shebbear – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Torrington - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Dan Clement v Bradworthy – Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)
£10 – Combe Martin – Failure to obtain away teams signature on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£10 – Shamwickshire – Failure to Sign Team Sheet (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Pilton – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Bratton Fleming – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – AFC Anchor – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Boca Seniors – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Park Utd – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Pilton – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Torridgeside – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Fremington Res – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failure to report a Postponed Game
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failure to report a Postponed Game
£10 – Chittlehampton Res – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Equalizers – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – South Molton Res – Failure to Report a Result (Paid)
£10 – Bude – Failure to report a Result (Paid)
£10 – Clovelly – Failure to report a Result (Paid)
£10 – South Molton - Reporting an Incorrect Result (Paid)
£10 – North Molton - Reporting an Incorrect Result (Paid)
£10 – Putford Res - Reporting an Incorrect Result (Paid)
£10 – Boca Seniors – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple FC – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Fremington – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery Res – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)
£10 – North Molton Thirds – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Fourths – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery Res – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)

League Fines:-
£30 – Fine Trebled – Bude - Reporting an Incorrect Result (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Pilton Res - Failure to Mark a Referee (Paid)
£10 - Bude – Failing to attend to League Business (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Sporting Barum - Failure to Report a Result (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Sporting Barum - Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Woolsery Res – Reporting a Late Result (Paid)
£5 – Equalizers – Failure to notify a Match Referee details of a game or postponement (Paid)

Other Business

NDRA Referee Fee’s:- NDRA Chairman Andy Walters has asked if the North Devon League Committee would consider a request made by the members of the NDRA for the League to consider a raise in the Referee’s fee and/or expenses. They would like the league to offer any feedback or the leagues position on this. We requested the NDRA gather information on what other league pay their Referee’s.

NDRA Teamsheet:- NDRA Members would also like the League to consider making it compulsory for the Clubs to use the shirt number next to the name of the players on its Teamsheet.  The reason for this would help the referee to obtain a players name when dealing with a disciplinary matter on the field a lot easier. Less communication is some instances will be beneficial to newer referee’s, can defuse heated situation which could cause a player to be issued further punishment for decent. This could end up being helpful for both the referee and players.

Golden Goals Competition:- The Registrations Secretary requested that next year the goals scored column become part of the teamsheet that is compulsory to complete. If it is not completed a fine will be levied. Most clubs are completing the column as a matter of course but a few are forgetting. For the rest of the season, each time a club forgets to complete the column the Registrations Secretary will send them an email warning that next season they will be fined. This will encourage clubs to make sure it is done in readiness for next season.

Discipline Table:- Devon FA are now able to produce a table of the penalty points a club has received while playing in the North Devon Gazette League. It does not include any other matches a club may play. The Registrations Secretary suggested this may be of interest to clubs so that they can compare. The Committee agreed subject to the table being published in the password protected Secretary part of the site. (Note: this is done and now viewable to secretaries.)

Back to the top

March 2012

Present:- D. Parish (Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, M Saunders, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkins, B. Fishleigh, T. Alcock,
Apologies:- Alan Evans, M. Stevens,  T. Knight, J. Fry
Minutes of the meeting held February 3rd 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Mrs Fry:- The meeting started with a standing silence lead by the chair in honour of Vice President Mr John Fry’s Wife, who sadly passed away.

Mike Stevens:- It was reported to the League that Mike Stevens was recovering well and will be back again very soon.

Sporting Barum:- League Secretary advised the Committee that on Tuesday 7th February he went out to Barnstaple to meeting Sporting Barum’s Secretary & Manager to discuss the amount of unnecessary fines they are receiving and any support he could offer. After the meeting it was agreed that Sporting Barum had arranged for other club members to help support the secretary and everything was in hand with no further issues. The club was warned by Sunday 12th a fine would be trebled and the club would be suspended for none payment of a fine already trebled. Although a promise to have this paid in time was agreed they failed to pay on time and were suspended. Although the fines are all cleared and the suspension lifted, there were advised this was temporary until this matter was discussed by the Management Committee. Warning issued to the Club that should they continue with poor administration the committee will call them to a meeting for further discussion

Pivot Trophy:- The League Secretary has organised this years Pivot Trophy to be played at Torrington FC, Vicarage Field on Wednesday 28th March 7.30pm kick off. Wrey Arms will represent the North Devon League against a Kingsley League select 11. Referees will be appointed by the NDRAB for this fixture. The entrance cost will be £2 per adult and £1 for under 16’s.

League Entry:-  To date we have had 2 clubs requesting a transfer from another league, these clubs have had a membership form sent to them. We have had confirmation that 2 current member clubs wish to enter an additional team next season and another waiting for a decision from its committee meeting in April. We currently have 3 slots available with currently no indication of any teams pulling out.

Correspondence Received
HJ Badcock:- HJ Badcock has agreed again to print our programs for this seasons Cup Finals and the Pivot Trophy. The League would like to thank them for their continued support.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1870
Transfers -  112
Transfers and Registrations’ close on the 31st March

Treasurers Report
Benevolent Fund Account is now up and running.

League Fund                        £21,739.81
Benevolent Fund                  £  3,820.00
                                           ­_________
Total Balance                     £25,559.81
                                             ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£5 – Woolsery Res – Late Teamsheet (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Northside Atlantic – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC Res – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Landkey – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Equalizers – Failure to rearrange fixture
£10 – Pilton – Failure to rearrange fixture
£10 – Pilton Res – Failure to rearrange fixture
£10 – Torrington Res – Failure to rearrange fixture
£10 – Bratton Fleming – Failure to rearrange fixture
£10 – Shebbear – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Braunton – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Boca Seniors – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Hartland – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Pilton – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery Res – Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)

League Fines:-
£30 – Fine Trebled – Sporting Barum - Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Sporting Barum - Failure to report a Postponed Game (Paid)

Other Business

League & Cup Medals:- The League Secretary will speak with Trophyman regarding this season League and Cup medals.

County Cup Semi Final:- Fremington are the only North Devon League club left in all County Cup competitions and are facing an away trip Millway Rise from Axminster in the intermediate cup semi final, Millway Rise are currently second position in the Perry Street and District League. This game is to be played on Saturday 10th March and a coach is being organised by Fremington, for more details please contact the club.

League Donation:- The League Secretary would like to proposed a donation be sent in memory of John Fry’s wife Joan. The donation will be made to Action for Children, Victoria House in Barnstaple at the family’s request.

Discipline Update:- Following a meeting of the Devon FA Discipline Committee there were a few points of interest to clubs:
1) Devon FA were looking at providing training for new secretaries regarding the discipline process including using Member Services, on the Devon FA site, which can give clubs much of the information that they are contacting DFA to find out. Note: Any club can contact Richard Pallot if they wish to find out more information about using Member Services.
2) Clubs should not be using personal email addresses to send to at Devon FA for discipline matters. Please use: discipline@devonfa.com
3) For serious offences Devon FA are looking at requiring the guilty party to attend compulsory training connected to the offence as part of the punishment.
4) Discipline nationally is up 15%. Some of this can be put down to better awareness and more referees but players and coaches are still not getting the message.
5) Devon FA are looking at replacing the current paper based system of informing clubs of yellow and red cards with an online system that will also be able to take online payments. This will be voluntary at first.
6) The Respect Campaign are going to trial the bringing of sanctions against whole clubs when their discipline points meets a certain total.
7) Devon FA are keen for it to be wider publicised that anyone can report misconduct at a game. It does not have to be the referee.

Devon FA:- It will be Devon FA's 125 year anniversary next year and there will be some events to mark the occasion. Further details will be published when known.

Back to the top

April 2012

Present:- Alan Evans (Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkins, T. Alcock, M. Stevens, J. Fry
Apologies:- D. Parish, M Saunders, B. Fishleigh,
Minutes of the meeting held March 2nd 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Pivot Trophy:- Wrey Arms 3-3 Kingsley League Select 11, The match ended all square in a fairly even game. The match has raised £114 with more to come from a donation from Kingsley Team & Wrey Arms. It was a shame more people didn't come and watch as it was in aid of a good cause. Thanks to those that did attend. A big thank you also to the officials who gave their time free and Torrington FC for the use of the ground and facilities. The monies will be presented to the cancer unit at NDDH in due course.

Chittlehampton Injured Player:- A discussion took place in relation to a letter sent from Chittlehampton in relation to there injured goalkeeper. From information received by both clubs, the Referee & Rob Bates who was in attendance. The committee agreed it felt that this is nothing more than a very unfortunate football incident; we wish this player a speedy recovery and it could offer no advice to any club apart from in serious injuries do occur to call an ambulance in the first instance and not to move a player.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1870
Transfers -  112
Transfers and Registrations close on the 31st March

Fixture Business
3 postponed games out standing, All other fixture going fine.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                      £22,188.81
Benevolent Fund                £  3,820.00
                                         _________
Total Balance                  £26,008.81
                                         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£5 – Pilton – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Sporting Barum – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Putford – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Georgeham & Croyde Res – Late Teamsheet
£10 – Bude – Fielding an Unregistered Player – Rob Orr v Braunton Res - Game Lost no further Punishment
£10 – Georgeham & Croyde – Fielding an Unregistered Player – Neil Boyd v Dolton - Game Lost no further Punishment
£10 – Bude – Fielding an Unregistered Player – Rob Orr v Wrey Arms - Game Lost no further Punishment
£10 – Clovelly – Failure to mark a Referee
£10 – Northside Atlantic – Failure to mark a Referee

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – North Molton – Failure to report a result (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Res – Failure to report a result (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery Res – Failure to report a result
£10 – Bideford Res – Failure to report a result (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC Res – Failure to report a result
£10 – Park Utd – Reporting a late result (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Thirds – Reporting a late result (Paid)
£10 – Bratton Fleming – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Res – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Thirds – Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)

League Fines:-
£50 – Northside Atlantic - Failure to return Trophy as per Rule 18 & ND 18.1 - ND Journal Cup (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Pilton - Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Pilton Res - Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Hartland - Failure to rearrange fixture (Paid)
£15 – Fine Trebled – Bideford Res - Failure to notify opposition as per Rule 10D (Paid)

Other Business

Cup Finals:- All cup finals have now been arranged.
NDJ Cup, 21st April 7.30 K/O at Marlborough Park, Ilfracombe, Barnstaple FC v Braunton Fourths, Referee Gary Suggate, Assistants Kevin Thomas & Scott Hill.
Arlington Cup, 28th April 7.30 K/O at Vicarage Field, Torrington, Ilfracombe Town Thirds v Fremington, Referee Ian Gilmore, Assistants Nigel Cockwill & Rob Hunt.
Combe Martin Cup, 5th May 6.30 K/O at Hollands Park, Combe Martin, Pilton Academicals v Bideford Res, Referee Adam Sowden, Assistants Alfie Gomez & Colin Selley
Brayford Cup, 12th May 6.30 K/O at Marshford, Appledore, Ilfracombe Town Res v Boca Seniors. Referee Tony Cloak, Assistants Andy Woolf & Neil Peake.
Admission to all finals is £2 Adult & £1 Under 16, Clubs will be allowed up to 16 named players plus 4 guests free of charge.
Thanks to HJ Badcock for sponsoring this seasons programs but unfortunately this will be the last year they will do so, so the League Secretary will look for a new sponsor for next season.

Cup Upgrades:- The Combe Martin Cup has had a new Plinth fitted to allow more engraving. The Inter 1 Cup has also had its plinth replaced due to the poor state of the band and the fact it was glued to the Plinth.

League & Cup Medals:- This season Medals have now been completed and collected by Rob Bates, The League Secretary would like the committee to consider a new medal for the League Winners and Runners up, these will be a custom medal of the leagues logo instead of a standard medal with a plastic insert which will still be used for Cup Finals. These can be purchased in bulk to last a few seasons. This will be looked at further by the League Secretary but the committee agreed on the idea.

Northside Change of Secretary:-  Northside Atlantic has changed its Secretary to Jon Stanton, Jon does not need a new secretary meeting as it has done it on previous years. The change has happen due to Antony Grills being diagnosed with Cancer and is under going intense treatment. The League would like to wish Mr Grills all the very best with his treatment and a speedy recovery.

Northside Atlantic New Pitch:- Northside Atlantic are looking into the possibility of moving to Moreton Park which is owned by Bideford College. League Secretary was asked if he would attend meeting at the Changing Facilities to see if they will be ok with current league rules and to report back to the committee. Moreton park has 2 very large changing areas which could accommodate 2 teams in 1 area with the Referee having his own facilities, in the opinion of the League Secretary is no different to what Rock Park has to do on a Saturday afternoon when 6 teams are playing, 2 teams per changing room with the 4th changing room to be for the Referee’s.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- The League Secretary would like to proposed that the Albert Beer Memorial Shield is to be played on Saturday 4th August 3pm Kick Off, Venue to be arranged. This proposal is to allow more clubs to keep free this date to attend this game which I hope will draw in a bigger crowd than last year. Same officials (If Available) to Referee this game as per previous year.

Next Season League Entry Forms:-  The Entry forms will be issued via email to all existing clubs and new clubs on the 16th April. These will need to be completed and returned with their entry fee to the League Secretary no later than 15th May for new or transferring clubs and 22nd May for all current clubs. New Clubs applying will also receive an application form and should they not be elected into the league they will have their Deposit and Entry fee refunded. Current clubs that are applying for additional teams will be refunded that team’s entry fee if not elected.

League Entry:- 2 Membership forms have been sent out to clubs wishing to transfer from another league. Ashwater (Kingsley), Morwenstow Res (Kingsley), so far only Ashwater has applied, they will need an Interview and Pitch & Facilities Inspection. We have also the following wishing to add an additional team, Barnstaple FC Res, Lynton & Lynmouth Res, Clovelly Res. This leaves the possibility of 6 teams wishing to enter with possibly ¾ slots available. (sec note) Morwenstow have decided not to enter

Team Withdrawal:- We currently have 1 team given notice of a possible Withdrawal, this team will remain nameless until it is confirmed.

AGM & Rules Revision:-  League Secretary proposed we have a normal committee meeting on 4th May also to incorporate the Rules Revision Meeting as well. Room will be booked from 7pm till 8pm but maybe extended to 9pm if we have a lot to do. Clubs will propose any rule changes before 1st May. Rules amendments and additions will be sent out before the 7th May with clubs having until 14th May for any other amendments to those rules sent out. Permission was granted for the League Secretary to deal with any extra amendments on behalf of the committee.
League Secretary also proposed that the AGM be on Tuesday 26th June 7pm at Robins Nest, Bideford. Date to be confirmed with Host

John Fry:- John Fry thanked the League for its donation to Action for Children in Honour of his wife Joan, the donations received had raised over £700.

Mike Stevens:- Mike Stevens has retired as the Secretary for the Referee Appointments board after serving over 28 years, we would like to thank Mike for his service. A new secretary will be voted on ready for next season, until then Fred Saunders will do the job.

Back to the top

May 2012

Present:- R. Bates Chair), M. Tattersall, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, J. Fry, M Saunders, B. Fishleigh,
Apologies:- P. Sercombe, T. Alcock, D. Parish, B. Smale, M. Jenkins, M. Stevens,
Minutes of the meeting held April 13th 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Pivot Trophy Fund:- Notification was received from Ivor Philips regarding the Pivot Trophy Fund, he has issued a cheque for £400 to Paul Harris, Kingsley League Secretary. I believed the select 11 Kingsley team donated £45. A donation was kindly received for £40 from Wrey Arms and this will be added to the £114 from the gate receipts. Paul Harris will arrange with me to organise a visit to Barnstaple Hospital with Bill Smale to hand over the donations on behalf of both leagues.

Correspondence Received

Action for Children:-  A letter was received from Action for Children, Victoria House, thanking the league for its kind donation in honour of Joan Fry.

Georgeham & Croyde:- Email received from the club concerning a possible withdrawal of one or both teams. Secretary explained the rule regarding only the junior team can withdraw and not just the senior team. Confirmation from the club has now been received that all is fine with a new manager in place.

Ilfracombe Town:- Email received from Ilfracombe Town in relation to the North Devon Journal Cup Final it hosted. Both teams were informed on the food laid on by the club after the game but Barnstaple FC failed to attend except for 4 players, also their players were seen consuming bottled and canned alcohol in their car park while waiting for their coach to arrive. Although the club are happy that they can not expect people to drink in the club house they do not expect them to be consuming other alcohol on their premises. The Club requests the League has an acceptable code of conduct for any future finals. The Committee agreed and this will be discussed next season.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1870
Transfers - 112
Transfers and Registrations’ close on the 31st March

Fixture Business
Fixtures status: - 58 outstanding games to be played. All now scheduled to be completed 12 May

2 finals completed, 2 to go, Premier division is still to be decided, could go to the last game of the season.

Season Summary: - The season will complete on time, with no extension.
Well done to all the teams for their hard work.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £21,098.65
Benevolent Fund                                 £  3,820.00
                                                ­_________
Total Balance                     £24,918.65
                                                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£5 – Sporting Barum – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£10 – Clovelly – Fielding an Unregistered Player – Neil Harris v Northside Atlantic - Game Lost no further Punishment (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Sporting Barum – Reporting a late result (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Reporting an incorrect result (Paid)

League Fines:-
£25 – Hartland Res - Playing a Strengthen Team as per Rule ND 10.4, Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to opposition (Paid)
£25 – Hartland Res – Playing a Strengthen Team as per Rule ND 10.4, Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to opposition (Paid)
£50 – Pilton – Failure to raise a side, game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted (Paid)
£50 – Pilton – Failure to raise a side, game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted (Paid)
£25 – Torrington Res – Playing a Strengthen Team as per Rule ND 10.4, Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to opposition (Paid)

Other Business

Cup Final Receipts:-. Currently 2 cup finals have been played. The North Devon Journal at Ilfracombe won by Braunton Fourths raised £122. The Arlington Cup Final at Torrington won by Fremington raised £215. Only the Combe Martin & Brayford Cups finals remaining.

Club Merger:- The League was advised of a club merger between Anchor Chiefs FC & AFC Anchor to save one club from folding. The new club will keep the Anchor Chiefs name and will have a 1st team in inter 1 and a reserve team in inter 2. This was approved by Devon FA for the affiliation and now the club requests the approval of the management committee. This was approved by the Management Committee.

FA Cup Final Ticket Allocations:- Letter received from Devon FA regarding the League’s allocation of tickets for the FA Cup Final. We were allocated 3 pairs of tickets. Each club was given a number selected randomly. Each pair of tickets was also given a number. League Secretaries wife was asked to select 3 numbers for the clubs and a number for each pair of tickets. The 3 clubs selected were Combe Martin, High Bickington & Bratton Fleming. Each club was informed about there selection and informed if the accept or decline these tickets they will be removed from the Rota and only re-added after the Rota has been completed. Tickets are passed onto each club costing its face value. All 3 clubs accepted with thanks the tickets.

Scanned Team Sheets:- The Registrations Secretary requested authorisation to allow clubs to email scanned team sheets as well as registration forms. This would be an option for clubs to use and was to cut down on postage costs. The committee agreed the proposal with the provision that the originals were retained for inspection on request.

Single Team Sheets:- A discussion took place regarding single team sheets. It was agreed to put this to clubs at the AGM and investigate further if there was support.

Back to the top

June 2012 - draft

Present:- R. Bates Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, B. Fishleigh, M. Jenkins, M. Stevens,
Apologies:- T. Alcock, D. Parish
Minutes of the meeting held May 4th 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

League Constitution:- Next season League constitution was handed out to the management committee for their perusal. Premier Division relegation for Torrington & Combe Martin, Promotion to the Premier Division for Bideford Res & Chittlehampton, Senior Division relegation for Barnstaple AAC Res & Torrington Res, Promotion to the Senior Division for Fremington & Merton, Intermediate 1 relegation for Putford Res & Woolsery Res, Promotion to Intermediate 1 for Barnstaple FC & Torridgeside Res, New Clubs being added are Kingsley League Champions Ashwater to the Senior Division & Barnstaple Res & Lynton & Lynmouth Res to Intermediate 2. New teams are subject to approval by vote at the League AGM.

Ashwater – Inspection:- League Secretary to arrange an inspection of the facilities and pitch over at Ashwater FC. Sec Note Arranged for Monday 25th June

Chittlehampton – Inspection:- League Secretary shown the management committee plans submitted by Chittlehampton for improvements to their pitch and facilities to meet with the Premier Division Standards. Further inspection will be required as soon as the work has completed.

Ilfracombe Town Thirds Pitch Change:-  The League was advised by Ilfracombe Town that its Thirds team will be changing its home pitch to Hollands Park, Combe Martin due to ongoing changing room issues with the Kilacleve pitch. This will be a temporary measure for this season. Committee approved this action.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1870
Transfers - 112
Transfers and Registrations’ close on the 31st March

Fixture Business

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £21,288.98
Benevolent Fund                  £  3,820.00
                                                ­_________
Total Balance                     £25,108.98
                                                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
League Accounts will be closed on June 6th and everything submitted to Nick Beaumont at Stevens & Willey Accountants for Auditing.

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£5 – Braunton– Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Braunton Fourths – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Pilton – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Pilton – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Torridgeside – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Sporting Barum – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Shamwickshire Rovers – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Pilton – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Sporting Barum – Late Teamsheet (Paid)
£10 – Bratton Fleming Res – Signing an Incorrect Team Sheet (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-

League Fines:-
£25 – Bratton Fleming Res - Playing a Strengthen Team as per Rule ND 10.4, Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to opposition (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failing to Deal with League Business
£10 – Pilton – Failing to Deal with League Business

Other Business

Cup Final Receipts:-. Final 2 cup finals have been played. The Combe Martin Cup Final at Combe Martin won by Bideford Res raised £91.33 including £10.33 kindly donated by locals in the club house. The Brayford Cup Final at Appledore won by Boca Seniors raised £245. Total raised on gate receipts were £663 which is down £427 on last year.

League Extension:- The secretary was requested by a few clubs if it was possible to extend the League by 1 week due to adverse weather in the final week, this was approved and all clubs were advised on the dates the League expected postponed games to be played. League finished on Tuesday 15th May with only 4 teams needing the extension.

Entry Forms:- All entry forms were in and completed on time, clubs were advised that Entry cheques will be banked after this season accounts are audited.

New Secretaries:- Season 2012/13 will see 4 new secretaries take the role for their clubs and as per league rules will be requested to attend a secretaries meeting to be arranged after the AGM. 4 new secretaries are :- Ben Potter – Ashwater FC, Maurice Knuckey – Buckland Brewer, Tim Perry – North Molton & Claire Cutler – Northside Atlantic.

Retiring Club Secretaries:-  John “Pops” Palfreyman – North Molton & John Adams – Buckland Brewer is both retiring as Secretary of their clubs. Both Johns have been with their respected clubs for a very ling time and I am sure will be glad of the break and surely missed. The League wishes both gentlemen the very best for the future.

Barnstaple Town Res:- League Secretary received a phone call from the Secretary at Barnstaple Town FC asking if it was a possibility that its reserve team could entry the North Devon League, unfortunately they had missed the application deadline for this season and were advised they could enter next season subject to AGM approval.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- League Secretary spoke with Barnstaple Town FC with regards using their pitch for the Albert Beer Memorial Shield but the date would have to be put a week back to Saturday July 28th 3pm kick off. The Match will be played between Boca Seniors (Premier & Brayford Cup Winners) & Ilfracombe Town Res (Brayford Cup Runners Up). Ilfracombe Town was the only club to request to be considered for this match but as its Reserve team is playing the League Secretary opted for Mill Road instead. This will hopefully bring a large crowd with proceeds going to the NDFL Benevolent Fund.

AGM Paperwork:- AGM Paperwork will be emailed to all clubs before the 12th June

Devon FA League Affiliation:- Paperwork received from Devon FA and to be handed in by the 30th June. In recognition to the Leagues help and support with regards to the appointments and development of Referee’s we have been given our league and cup affiliation free of charge.

Devon FA League Representative:- League Secretary asked if anyone would like the opportunity to take the role as Devon FA League Representative, if no one was interested he would consider this based on the amount of time he would have to be available for meetings.

Devon FA AGM:- Devon FA AGM is on Saturday 16th June at 2pm at The Park Hotel in Barnstaple.

FA Optional Rules:- A discussion took place regarding the Management Committee's opinions on the FA Standard Code Optional Rules that will be put to clubs at the League AGM.

Back to the top

AGM 2012 - draft minutes

Mr B. Smale in the Chair.

Present:- Officers, Members of the Management Committee and Member Clubs.

Matters Arising - None
Presentations
The 'Harold Bartlett Trophy' was present to Mr G Suggate, the referee who had achieved the highest marks during the past season.  The trophy for 'Club Secretary of the Year' for 2011 was presented to Mr D. Filer, the Secretary of the South Molton.

Chairman’s Report
The Chairman reviewed the season. He expressed thanks to the League Officers and the Management Committee. Thanks to the North Devon Gazette and ND Journal for their sponsorship. Thanks to the all the referee’s for another great season. He congratulated all division and cup winners.

Secretary’s Report
The secretary addressed the members clubs regarding that the amount of fines are down on the previous season as club administration is getting better. Trebled fines that are issued and clubs moaning that they are unhappy with it, you are all advised to pay your fine within 14 days and this would not happen. Clubs who continue to be fined for the same charge will be brought in front of the management committee to discuss the situation. Benevolent fund payments need to meet the rules criteria, always check the league website for updates especially the secretaries page. Also advise your players to join the leagues Facebook and twitter pages.

Balance Sheet and Statement of Accounts
These documents, prepared by Mr M Tattersall, and certified by Stevens & Willey Chartered Accountants, were circulated at the meeting and approved.

Election of Clubs Ashwater, Lynton & Lynmouth Reserves & Barnstaple FC Reserves were elected to membership of the League.

Constitution of the League
For season 2012-2013 as drawn up by the Management Committee was presented to the meeting in accordance with League rules.
PREMIER Appledore Reserves. Barnstaple AAC, Bideford Reserves, Boca Seniors, Bradworthy, Bratton Fleming Braunton, Chittlehampton, Dolton, Georgeham & Croyde, Ilfracombe Town Reserves, North Molton Sports Club, Putford, Shamwickshire Rovers, Shebbear United, Torridgeside
SENIOR Ashwater, Braunton Reserves, Bude Town, Combe Martin, Fremington, Lynton & Lynmouth, Merton, North Molton Sports Club Reserves, Northam Lions, Park United, Pilton Academicals, Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves, South Molton, Torrington, Woolsery, Wrey Arms
INTERMEDIATE ONE Anchor Chiefs. Barnstaple AAC Reserves, Barnstaple FC, Braunton Thirds, Clovelly, Equalizers, Hartland, High Bickington, Ilfracombe Town Thirds, Landkey Town, Northam Lions Reserves, Northside Atlantic, Sporting Barum, Torridgeside Reserves, Torrington Reserves, Woolacombe & Mortehoe
INTERMEDIATE TWO Anchor Chiefs Reserves, Barnstaple FC Reserves, Bratton Fleming Reserves, Braunton Fourths, Buckland Brewer, Chittlehampton Reserves, Fremington Reserves, Georgeham & Croyde Reserves, Hartland Reserves, Lynton & Lynmouth Reserves, North Molton Sports Club Thirds, Northam Lions Thirds, Pilton Academicals Reserves, Putford Reserves, South Molton Reserves, Woolsery Reserves

Elections All the current officers were declared re-elected unopposed 
On the closure of nominations, the following members of last season’s Management Committee had submitted valid nominations for next season’s Committee and are therefore elected. B Fishleigh, M Stevens, M Jenkins
Other retiring members of last season’s Committee are eligible for nomination and re-election at the meeting. M Saunders, Brett Huxtable, T. Alcock & P Sercombe. All were re-elected.

Alterations to Rules – The following Rule codes were voted on and carried. Rule 13(E) – Amended, Rule ND 10.9 – New Rule, ND 10.4 – Replaced with Standard Code Rule 8(C), 8(N) & 8(O).
Amendment to Rule 8(C) was rejected.
Mandatory changes in accordance with the standard code – Rules 1(A), 8(A), 8(H), 10(F), 12(B), 13(E),  22, notice was also given to all clubs advising that next season it will be mandatory to have player personal accident cover.
Optional rules – 1(A) Option A & B, Charter Standard League & Respect League, clubs requested the league seek more information before a decision is made. Option C – Clubs only allowed to play in County FA or FA competitions outside the League was rejected,  10(G) Rolling Substitutes was rejected,

Commencement and Conclusion of Playing Season
Approved that as in recent seasons, the season should commence on the penultimate Saturday in August (18th), and conclude on the second Saturday in May (11th).

Honoraria – No Change

Any Other Business – No Other Business

The chairman closed the meeting at 8.09pm.

Back to the top