North Devon Football League
North Devon Football League North Devon Football League North Devon Football League Winners

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2012/13

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - May - June- AGM

September 2012

Present:- Alan Evans (Chair), D. Parish, B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin,   M Saunders,
Apologies:- T. Alcock,

Matters Arising

Referee Course Refunds:- A discussion took place regarding the Leagues involvement in refunding a Referee part of his course fee, the League currently refunds £50 after the newly qualified Referee completes 10 NDFL games. Devon FA have increased the course fee from £75 to £150 but this includes a Referee Kit (Approx £35), Devon FA also no long offer a partial refund. The League have always been in full support of the Referee’s courses as it feels it’s a great investment for local football, so therefore the Committee agreed it will raise its Refund to £75 after a Referee has completed 15 NDFL games.

Lynton & Lynmouth Charge Protest:- A protest was lodged by Lynton & Lynmouth against Fine Ref J0029 – Failing to raise a side against Fremington on Wednesday 5th September.  A statement sent by Lynton & Lynmouth & Fremington was read out to the Committee and a discussion took place. The committee voted for the rule to be applied but agreed this was an unfortunate situation but as Fremington had done nothing wrong throughout this issue it would have been very harsh on Fremington to allow any other decision to be passed.

Landkey v Northam Lions 2nds:- Breach of Rule 10F by Northam Lions the Committee considered the information provided with regard to the breach and imposed a fine of £25 with a warning as to their future conduct.
(Please note - Mick Tattersall left the room during the discussion of this matter)

Correspondence Received

Wrey Arms Withdraw:- 23rd July Wrey Arms advised the League that they were withdrawing with immediate effect due to lack of players and other problems.

Player Registrations Suspended:- 2 players from last season who had their registration suspended for failure to pay a tripled league fine have been lifted. Both players paid their fines and sent an apology letter to the league explaining the situation and apologising for any inconvenience caused.

Bratton Fleming Withdraw:- 8th August Bratton Fleming advised the League that they were having to withdraw both teams from the league due to lack of players in the 1st team. Although they had enough players to field a 2nd team, the league rules state they have to withdraw their junior team first. Players in the Reserve team did not want to step up to the Premiere as the standard was too high; this left them no alternative to withdraw the entire club.

Georgeham & Croyde:- 28th August an email was received from Georgeham & Croyde advising the League and the Referee Appointments Board that their changing rooms had been broken into and the Changing Rooms and Referees Room has been trashed. They requested permission to allow the Referees to use the home changing rooms while on going repairs are done.  League Secretary advised them that as long as the Referees were happy to support the club by doing this until the repairs are complete; he can’t see any problem with that. The committee agreed and hope that Georgeham & Croyde manage to get their facilities sorted with any problems.

Player Assault:- It was reported to the League that a player was assaulted by another player from the opposing team during the half time interval. As this is a matter for Devon FA, all information was passed onto them. As this is an ongoing matter, no discussion took place and no details are supplied in the minutes.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1523
Transfers -  21

Fixture Business
Mid week games have now completed.
To date, 147 from 161 games played, 14 postponed, some due to weather in August
At the time of the meeting, we had 4 postponed games still not rearranged
Teams with 100% record , only 6, teams undefeated, 10
Number of teams with no points, only 4
League start has been successful, points spread is good, a few big score lines so far.
County Cup is this weekend, preliminary round, and 6 Oct Next round

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £23,784.16
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,036.00
                                           ­_________
Total Balance                    £27,820.16
                                            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£10 – Hartland – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee (Paid)
£10 – High Bickington – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee
£10 – Ilfracombe Thirds – Failure to mark a Referee (Paid)
£5 – Fremington Res – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Ashwater – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Ilfracombe Thirds – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Buckland Brewer – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Barnstaple FC Res – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Barnstaple AAC Res – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet
£5 – Putford – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet
£10 – Braunton Fourths – Fielding an Unregistered Player - Alan Webster v Buckland Brewer 01/09/12 – Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to Opposition
£10 – Putford Res – Fielding an Unregistered Player - David Tythecot v Hartland 29/08/12– Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to Opposition

Fixture Fines:-
£5 – Sporting Barum – Failure to notify details of a match to the Match Referee
£5 – Bideford Res – Failure to notify details of a match to the Match Referee
£5 – Sporting Barum – Failure to notify details of a match to the opposing team
£10 – Appledore – Failure to report a postponed game (Paid)
£10 – Hartland Res – Reporting an incorrect result in accordance with Rule ND11.1 (Paid)
£10 – Torridgeside Res – Reporting an incorrect result in accordance with Rule ND11. 1 (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple AAC – Reporting an incorrect result in accordance with Rule ND11.1 (Paid)

League Fines:-
£10 – Fremington Res - Failure to deal with League Business (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum - Failure to deal with League Business
£25 – Clovelly – Failure to Attend League AGM (Paid)
£25 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe – Failure to Attend League AGM (Paid)
£25 – Lynton & Lynmouth – Failure to Attend League AGM (Paid)
£25 – Northam Lions Res – Failure to raise a side v Landkey (Paid)
£25 – Lynton & Lynmouth – Failure to raise a side v Fremington
£30 – Fine Trebled – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Nathan Elliot v Barnstaple FC 21/08/12 – Game lost, No further punishment
£30 – Fine Trebled – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Woodhouse Knight v Landkey 18/08/13 – Game lost, No further punishment
£30 – Fine Trebled –Keiran Evans - Signing for 2 Clubs (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled –Mitchell Wensley- Signing for 2 Clubs (Paid)

Other Business

Sporting Barum:- At the request of the Chairman of the League and in agreement with Management committee the League Secretary was advised to send Sporting Barum a letter giving them notice of 1 month to have the admin in order or they will be requested to attend a meeting with the Management Committee. The Committee feel this club is picking up far too many fines from last season and is no better at the start of this season.

Golden Boot/Gloves Presentation Evening:- The presentation evening was held on Thursday 12th July at MJM Sports to present all the divisional golden boot winners and runners up and the league golden glove winner and runners up. The evening was a great success with drinks and a buffet being laid on by MJM Sports. MJM Sports have shown interest in continuing its sponsorship of this competition.The committee approved MJM Sports to continue sponsoring this event and thanked them for their continue support.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:-  This years game was hosted by Torrington FC. Money raised was £156.00. League Secretary was very disappointed with the lack of support from the Leagues Member clubs but personally thanked players/officials from Shamwickshire Rovers, Woolacombe & Mortehoe and Anchor Chiefs for their attendance. The League would like to thank Torrington FC for hosting and The Appointed Referees, Boca Seniors and Ilfracombe Town for a great game of football. Albert’s daughter Katherine had attended to present the winners shield. A discussion took place and it was agreed to try and play this fixture on a Friday evening at Barnstaple Towns Mill Road to see if this would increase the attendance to raise more funds for the League Benevolent fund.

New Secretaries Meeting:-  The League Secretary hosted a new secretaries meeting on  Thursday 19th July at Barnstaple Library. Secretaries from Ashwater, Buckland Brewer, Northside Atlantic and North Molton were all in attendance.

Devon FA League Representative:- After a discussion with Devon FA, the League was asked if it could put forward a new League Representative, this was mentioned at a previous meeting with no one offering to take the role. After further discussion, the League Secretary was asked if he would take the role and he obliged but only after firstly making sure it was not a big commitment as he would not commit to something he could not do, this was agreed with Devon FA.

Chittlehampton Premiere Standards:- League Secretary visited Chittlehampton on Thursday 9th August to inspect the new Referee’s changing facility as well as to confirm they meet other Premiere division standards. The League Secretary thought the new changing room for the Referee was perfectly adequate with a good shower. The club had also refurbished their dug outs and advised how they would rope off the pitch for Premiere games. Overall the League Secretary was happy with what he saw.

Management Meetings:- All 2012-13 Management Meetings have been booked. Meetings will start promptly at 7pm in the Henry Williamson Suite at Barnstaple Library on the 1st Friday of each month excluding December.

Cup Final Dates:- League Secretary proposes the following dates for the League Cup Finals. NDJ Cup – 20th April, Arlington Cup – 27th April, Combe Martin Cup – 4th May, Brayford Cup – 18th May. Venues will be arranged closer to the time. 11th May was not being used as it is the FA Cup final date.

Respect, Charter Standard & Team Sheets:- Following the AGM and the clubs wishes for the League to look at Respect, Charter Standard and the Team Sheets a document has been produced. Committee members were provided with a draft copy and to report back at the October meeting with any comments or amendments. It is hoped to send this to clubs in October.

Back to the top

October 2012

Present:- D. Parish (Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin,   M Saunders,  T. Alcock, M. Stevens, J. Fry
Apologies: - Alan Evans, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh

Minutes of the meeting held September 7th 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Sporting Barum New Secretary:- League Secretary reported to the committee that the club was to appoint a new secretary. A new secretary meeting will take place. Sec note:- this confirmation has not been received so the club has been order to get this organised within 14 days or face further sanctions.

Correspondence Received

Andy Walters:- email received from Andy Walters thanking the league for its support and the increase will go a long way to supporting/encouraging new Referee’s/

Devon FA:- Email received from Devon FA asking if our League had taken up the Rolling Subs trial as the FA want all County FA’s to do a survey, League Secretary informed Devon FA that we put this proposal to our member clubs at the AGM and it was unanimously rejected.

Referee Complaint:- A complaint from Shebbear was received regarding a un-named referee who had cautioned a player but when he got the paperwork from Devon FA it was the incorrect players name. Although the surname was correct the forename was wrong and as he had 2 players with that surname and was not at this actual game, he had to find out the correct name and enclosed all the correct details. The club can not understand how a referee could make this mistake if he had correctly took the players name or short number to match with the team sheet. League Secretary replied advising Shebbear to send this complaint to Devon FA also but there is no reason why a Referee should make a mistake as he has to sign the team sheet after the game were all the correct information is.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1612
Transfers -  36

Fixture Business
No issues to report,
Last week saw the first round of the cup, all fixtures played except 1,
Appledore v Bideford res, date to be sorted, subject to County cup.

Next round is same weekend as County cup, 3rd Nov; any team still in, County cup still takes priority.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £22,574.16
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,086.00
                                          ­_________
Total Balance                    £26,660.16
                                           ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£5 – Ilfracombe Thirds – Late Team Sheet (Paid)
£5 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe – Late Team Sheet
£5 – Ashwater – Late Team Sheet
£5 – Shamwickshire Rover Res – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Sporting Barum – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Sporting Barum – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Northam Lions – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Northam Lions Res – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Fremington – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Equalizers – Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Chittlehampton – Reporting an incorrect result in accordance with Rule ND11.1 (Paid)

League Fines:-
£25 – Northam Lions - Failure to comply with Rule 10F - Fixture commitment (Paid)
£10 – Damien Land - Signing for 2 Clubs (Paid)
£10 – Hartland – Failing to deal with League Business - Letter to Support Referee Mark 100 (Paid)
£30 – Fine Trebled – Pilton - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3

Other Business

Clubs failing to contact a Match Official:- Pete Sercombe put forward to the league committee a proposal regarding clubs not contacting the match official. Pete had a discussion with a number of referees who vented their concerns regarding clubs not notifying them of their fixture and as such their view was not to turn up.
Pete pointed out that Referees still have to go to any appointment given to them and if this were the case then to ring the secretary of that club on a Friday if no reply then you still have to go, but that there was no harm in contacting the away team to see if they knew anything different. Pete then suggested that this being the case the referee reports the club to the league/or himself and he would notify the league at the monthly committee meeting.
Pete would appreciate the leagues opinion regarding this or any suggestions to proceed in a positive direction to help resolve the above.
League Secretary advised that if a Referee is unhappy about not being contacted and it is in breach of Rule 10D he will issue the offending club with a £5 fine. 1 club has already been charged with this already this season but if the Referee’s feel this is a problem then they need to take action by contacting the league as last season only 1 fine was issued and none the year before.

Respect, Charter Standard & Team Sheets:- Committee members approved the draft consultation document to be sent to clubs to seek their views.

Hartland:-  Hartland had been requested to write a letter in support of a referee marking. Despite being fined, no letter had been provided. It was approved that the club be written to again and Devon FA be contacted should there be no further response.

Barnstaple Town FC:- The committee noted the meeting taking place next Thursday 11th regarding the future of Barnstaple Town. The league wished to support the club; however it is the same night as a full council meeting of Devon FA. John Fry and Bill Smale volunteered to attend the meeting on behalf of the league.

County Matters:- Jimmy Jewell, councillor for the North Area had announced his resignation. This would be formally dealt with as a vacancy after the full council meeting on the 11th. Interested parties should contact Devon FA or Rob Bates for further details.

Webinars:- Devon FA have launched a series of online meetings for secretaries which will cover a range of subjects concerning football administration. All you need is a computer and to contact Devon FA for access details. They are scheduled to take place on the first Monday of each month. The subject of the meetings will be posted on their website for those that cannot view at the time.

Premier Standards:-  It was reported to the League that some clubs have not been roping off their pitches as well as other standards starting to slip. The League will start to do spot checks on clubs.

Hartland Referee Shower:- It was reported to the League that Hartland have no working shower for the Referee’s room. An email will be sent to Hartland requesting for an update and reminding the club about the League Standards.

Back to the top

November 2012

Present:- B. Smale(Chair), M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin, M. Stevens, J. Fry, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh
Apologies: - M Saunders, T. Alcock,  

Minutes of the meeting held October 5th 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

New Committee Member:- League Secretary has been approached by Keith Greenleaf wishing to join the Leagues Committee. Keith is a local Referee as well as Vice Chairman of Bideford Blues and has been a youth Coach for a number of years; Keith brings a broad knowledge of local football. League Secretary proposes him to be co-opted in the committee. Committee agreed to invite Keith to the January meeting.

Respect, Charter Standard & Teamsheets:- The consultation documents were sent to all clubs after that last meeting. To date, 8 clubs have replied. The closing date for responses is 30 November. Registrations Secretary to send a reminder.

Correspondence Received

Hartland Referee Facilities:- An email from Referee Keith Greenleaf was received concerning the lack of washing/showering facilities at Hartland for the Referee, he has been to the club twice opting to give them the benefit of the doubt 1st time as they were saying it would be fixed but near a month later this still had no happened. Also he had concerns over the Referee’s room having no toilet, for him it was not a problem but for others it maybe and wanted to raise this issues with the committee. Email sent by the League Secretary and was advised it would be repaired, League Secretary to follow this up.

Hartland:- Email received from Hartland regarding their shower and they advised that work will be completed by the end of October.  Another email has been sent asking if this work has now been completed.

Torridgeside Res & Ilfracombe Thirds:- Email received from Keith Greenleaf asking the league to pass his thanks and congratulations to both teams that he Referee’d in the League Cup. Both teams shown great professionalism and respect throughout the game as well as before and after. His thanks and comments were passed onto both club via email.

Referee Payment:- Email received from Nigel Cockwill advising that he had not been paid by Bideford Res after waiting around in the changing rooms after the game. Bideford secretary rung Nigel saying he should have come into the bar for his money which is something Nigel was not prepared to do. League Rules state that a referee should be paid before the game but 99% of the time it after the game. Nigel feels that a Referee should not have to chase for his payment or be subjected to be paid in front of the public or in a pubic bar as he feels it lacks respect. He also pointed out that other referees that allow this to happen are letting their colleagues down. The League Secretary has therefore fine Bideford Res under rule ND13.2 and told the club that Nigel should have his payment within 7 days. He will also propose a rule change ready for the next AGM to have the Referee to be paid after the game and in his changing room when you go and collect the completed team sheet. The Management Committee agreed with Nigel Cockwill’s comments & requested an email to be sent to all clubs regarding the payment for the Referee.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1667
Transfers -  53

Treasurers Report

League Fund                 £22,713.17
Benevolent Fund           £  3,986.00
                                    ­_________
Total Balance              £26,699.17
                                    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-
£10 – Northam Lions – Fielding an Unregistered Player – Tom Crump v Torrington – Game lost no further punishment (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
None

League Fines:-
£15 – Fine Trebled – Ashwater - Late Team Sheet (Paid)
£5 – Bideford Res - Failure to Pay the Referee

Other Business

December Management Meeting:- Management Committee agreed that the Meeting arranged for December was not required and agreed that all emergency or urgent decisions regarding the League would be made by the League Secretary and the decision advised to the Committee in January.

League Debt Recovery:- The Committee was advised on a discussion between the League Officers and Devon FA regarding the current procedures on player debts. Resolved to advise clubs on the change that will happen next season.

Back to the top

December 2012

There was no December meeting .

Back to the top

January 2013

Present:- B. Smale(Chair), M. Tattersall, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, T. Alcock, M. Stevens
Apologies: - A. Evans, D. Parish, R. Bates, M. Stevens,

Minutes of the meeting held November 2nd 2012 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

New Committee Member:- Chairman Welcomes Keith Greenleaf, Keith was co opted into the League Management Committee for the remainder of the season.

Combe Martin Protest:- Combe Martin would like to protest the fine issued for an unregistered player on the 9th December. League Secretary read out the letter issued by Combe Martin. The League agreed that this was no doubt a clerical error but all clerical errors are classed as a unregistered player, the protest was declined as rule to apply.

Torridgeside Protest:- League Secretary would like to have it minuted that Torridgeside wanted to protest a decision made same as Combe Martin but was not within the 4 days allowed to protest. League Secretary would like to make it clear that all charges issued by him can be protested in accordance to Rule 15 and every charge that is emailed states this on the bottom. 

Correspondence Received

Hartland Referee Facilities:- following a call with Edith Cook, she has confirmed that a new shower has been fitted in the Referee’s changing room.

Referee Payment:- Following on from the last meeting, the League secretary emailed all clubs regarding the ruling for payment to be made to the Referee, out of the 23 clubs that responded all but 1 paid the Referee at the end of the game unless asked and think a rule change would make sense. This will be put forward to the AGM by the League Secretary.

Pivot Trophy:- Email received from Paul Harris regarding a date for the Pivot Trophy, either 20th or 27th March, I advised either date will be fine but have heard nothing else since. He also asked about the rules but the League Secretary did not understand what he meant and asked him to clarify but heard nothing back.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1748
Transfers -  77

Fixture Business
Current league status

380 games played as at 1.1.13. Compared to 442 last season, 376 the year before.
We are not too badly off so far, but do need to pray for good weather.
Cups are at semi-final stages, planning to play in MARCH 2013
Premier, 94 played
Senior, 97 played
Inter 1 , 103 played
Inter 2, 86 played
20 games are outstanding having been postponed

Treasurers Report

League Fund                 £22,818.17
Benevolent Fund           £  3,986.00
                                    ­_________
Total Balance               £26,804.17
                                    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines:-
£5 – Shebbear – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Northside Atlantic – Failure to mark down your Goalscorers as required on the Teamsheet (Paid)
£5 – Sporting Barum – Late Team Sheet (Paid)
£5 – Barnstaple AAC Res – Late Team Sheet (Paid)
£5 – Equalizers – Late Team Sheet (Paid)
£10 – Combe Martin – Fielding an Unregistered Player – Nick Seldon v North Molton Res 08/12/12 – Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to Opposition (Paid)
£10 – Torridgeside Res – Fielding an Unregistered Player – Luke Furse v Ilfracombe Thirds 15/12/12 – Goals Wiped and Game Awarded to Opposition (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Bideford Res – Reporting an incorrect result in accordance with Rule ND11.1 (Paid)
£10 – North Molton Thirds – Reporting an incorrect result in accordance with Rule ND11.1 (Paid)
£10 – Ashwater – Failure to report a postponed game (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple FC – Failure to report a postponed game (Paid)
£10 – Combe Martin – Failure to report a postponed game (Paid)
£10 – Lynton & Lynmouth Res – Failure to report a postponed game (Paid)
£10 – Shamwickshire – Failure to report a postponed game (Paid)
£10 – Appledore Res – Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Ashwater – Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Thirds – Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Lynton & Lynmouth – Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Torridgeside – Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)

League Fines:-
£10 – Shebbear – Failing to deal with League Business – Goalscorers (Paid)
£10 – Pilton – Failing to deal with League Business – Not Responding to consultation as requested (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failing to deal with League Business – Not Responding to consultation as requested (Paid)
£10 – Lynton & Lynmouth – Failing to deal with League Business – Not Responding to consultation as requested (Paid)
£5 – Woolsery - Failure to notify details of a match to the Match Referee (Paid)
£50 – Northam Lions – Withdrawing Northam Lions Thirds (Paid)

Other Business

Northam Lions Withdraw Third Team:- Northam Lions official withdrawn their Third team with immediate effect on 30th November due to the apathy of some players who do not like to lose, we have had enough of trying to get 3 teams on the pitch. The players of today have got no guts to play and it is so easy for them to walk away and get a transfer, since the season has started we have had 13 players transfer and other players have given up playing, enough is enough i have thought of walking away myself but i have more pride to give in. Team was removed from Intermediate 2 and a fine issued for £50.

Clerical Errors:- A discussion report was handed out to the committee and will be discussed at the February meeting about how is best to deal with Clerical Errors on a team sheet.

Charter Standard, Respect League and Team Sheet Discussion:- As these papers were put together by Rob Bates who is unfortunately on holiday the League Secretary proposes that they be dealt with in February when Rob is available.

Mrs Shapland:- A card was read out by Bill Smale thanking the League for the flowers we sent to Betty Shapland at Christmas

Referee Appointments:- Fred Saunders requested whether the League wished for Cup Semi Finals to have official Referee Assistants. The Committee agreed only if we had enough Referee’s without affecting any league games starting from the Premier Division downwards.

Devon FA Insurance:- It was brought to the League attention that as of next season the Devon FA Affiliation with also include a compulsory personal injury insurance in its affiliation paperwork, same as the public liability insurance, you don’t have to buy it from Devon FA but it will be compulsory to have it. League Secretary advised that clubs should already be aware as it was mentioned in the affiliation paperwork and will be included in the 2013/14 paperwork.

Back to the top

February 2013

Present:- A. Evans(Chair), D. Parish, B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, P. Sercombe,          M Saunders, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, J. Fry
Apologies: - B. Fishleigh,

Minutes of the meeting held January 4th 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Torridgeside Devon FA Appeal:- League Secretary has been inform by Devon FA that Torridgeside have officially appealed against the decision to fine and award the game to the opposition for an unregistered player (Clerical Error), No date has been confirm by Richard Pallot for the Appeal as yet.

Correspondence Received

Rock Park Goals:- Email received from Phil Prouse regarding the Goals at Rock Park asking if they had metal hooks as this is against the FA Rules in the county handbook. League Secretary has spoken to Tony Cloak who does not think they are metal but will check. No report from Tony Cloak as yet but the League Secretary will check himself if nothing comes back from Tony.

Complaint against Ashwater:- Braunton FC have emailed the League to complain about the facilities at Ashwater FC. No lighting or Heating before or until at least 10 minutes after the match until a generator turned up. Only one shower for 16 players; which was only a trickle. Referee changing in a small cubicle in the away changing room behind a curtain. Having to walk 100 yards down the road to the pitch and other clubs have been forced to change location because of this. They don’t believe these standards are good enough and requested the league to look into it. Bill Smale & Alan Evans to arrange a visit.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1779
Transfers -  94

Fixture Business
Currently 90 games behind last season, situation is getting serious if we loss many more weekends, the season has been extended to 31st May so this will help , teams to be sensible and use Saturdays for the long travelling teams, keep mid weeks local as much as possible

Treasurers Report

League Fund                 £23,106.17
Benevolent Fund           £  3,996.00
                                    ­_________
Total Balance               £27,102.17
                                    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines:-
£5 – Ashwater – Late Team Sheet (Paid)
£5 – Pilton – Late Team Sheet
£5 – Lynton & Lynmouth Res – Late Team Sheet
£10 – Boca Seniors – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee (Paid)
£10 – Sporting Barum – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery Res – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee (Paid)
£10 – South Molton Res – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee (Paid)
£10 – Ilfracombe Res – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee (Paid)
£10 – Torridgeside – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
NONE

League Fines:-
£50 – Pilton – Withdrawing Pilton Res

Other Business

Pilton Withdraw Reserve Team:- Pilton official withdrawn their Third team with immediate effect on 18th January due to lack of player commitment. Team was removed from Intermediate 2 and a fine issued for £50.

Matt Oke:- It was reported to the League from Bradworthy FC the very sad news that their goalkeeper Matt Oke had passed away. The League would like to send it condolences to Matt’s family, friends and Bradworthy FC. The League has respectable requested all clubs to observe a minute silence before the games on Saturday 2nd February.

League Extension:- The League Secretary requested permission to extend the League to the 31st May due to adverse weather conditions, this was approved by the management committee.

Suggestion:- A suggestion was received by the league regarding the possibility of a play-off system for promotion to give mid table clubs an incentive to chase that final spot. After a discussion it was felt that the pressures caused by the weather may cause problems if they were introduced. For example this season as the season has been extended to May 31st if an involved team was playing up until the 31st the play off would not be able to take place until the following season. An alternative idea of changing the promotion and relegation to 3 up, 3 down was suggested as this would achieve a similar aim and it was decided to put this to clubs.

Open Forum:- The Committee discussed a proposal for the league secretaries to host an open meeting for clubs to send a representative to discuss relevant matters relating to the league. This would be a platform to discuss any suggestions for improvements, proposed rule alterations and feedback. It would not be a forum whereby individual club matters would be discussed. The committee supported the idea and it is hoped to set two meetings up in Bideford and Barnstaple with an agenda issued. It would not be compulsory to attend but if you have an interest in improving the league this is your opportunity.

Clerical Errors:- The report on clerical errors on teamsheets was discussed and opinion was divided. If there was to be a rule/policy change it would have to be robust. The committee agreed for this to be discussed at the forums and the Registration Secretary agreed to look at any potential new rule that would be appropriate but that it was for the clubs to ultimately decide.

Charter Standard, Respect League and Teamsheet report:- The Registration Secretary thanked all those who had responded. The current teamsheet was favoured by the majority so there will be no change. Respect received some comments in support but there were also those that felt it had little impact. Charter Standard was favoured by the majority. The league has approached Devon FA and they are prepared to invest time and money into achieving the standard for all clubs and the league. The concerns of those clubs against it were noted but the league was confident that those concerns could be addressed. The matter would be on the agenda for the forums.

Trevor Knight:- The League Secretary had advised the league that he had spoken with ex Committee Member Trevor Knight during the week and he was looking in good health although was still under going various treatments. The Chairman requested a card to be sent to Trevor wishing him well from the league.

Back to the top

March 2013

Present:- D. Parish(Chair), M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, P. Sercombe, M Saunders, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, B. Fishleigh
Apologies: - A. Evans, B. Smale, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkins
Minutes of the meeting held February 1st 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising
Mr Mike Stevens:- The meeting started with a standing silence lead by the chairman for friends lost in honour of Mr Stevens. Mike will be greatly missed by the NDGFL. All clubs in the NDGFL observed a minutes silence before their game on Saturday 23rd February in memory of Mr Stevens. Mike’s Funeral was held on Friday 1st March and was well attended by many members of the NDGFL, Devon FA & North Devon Referee’s Association.
Torridgeside Devon FA Appeal:- League Secretary has been inform by Devon FA that the appeal will be heard on Tuesday 5th March at Tiverton Town at 7pm.
North Molton Protest:- North Molton wish to protest a fine for strengthening its Reserve Team against Northam Lions. North Molton’s Protest letter was read to the committee. Due to the letter supplied by North Molton the committee agreed that this strengthening was due to the secretaries’ guide being incorrect and was no fault of North Molton; however in fairness to both clubs the committee agreed to offer Northam Lions either a replay or result to stand. The £25 fine was Void and the Protest fee returned. Sec note:- Northam Lions wished the game to be replayed.
Pivot Trophy:- A date has been received from Simon Cottle from the Kingsley League for the match to take place at Holsworthy on Wednesday 27th March 7.30PM Kick Off. The Kingsley League committee have requested if we are happy to allow 5 subs instead of the normal 3 to be used and if the game is drawn after 90 minutes for a penalty shootout to decide the winner. The committee approved this request
Correspondence Received
Shirt Numbers:- Email received from Sporting Barum regarding Shirt Numbers, they have had a Referee not allow a player to come on as a Sub due to his Shirt number not matching the Team Sheet, this is due to Sporting Barum not having enough shirts on the day. At no point did the League advise that a player without a matching shirt number not be allowed on the field of play. Guidance was being sent to all Clubs and Referees regarding this isolated incident.
New Pilton Secretary:- Email received to advise the league that Matt Dellar will be taking over Antony Higgs as the Pilton Secretary. A new secretary meeting will be arranged as per league rules.
New Sporting Barum Secretary:- Email received to advise the league that Nicola Mugleston will be taking over Rich Andrews as the Sporting Barum Secretary. A new secretary meeting will be arranged as per league rules.
Bradworthy Thank You Letter:- An email was received from Bradworthy FC with a Thank You Letter attached. The Letter was read out to the committee.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1832
Transfers - 106

Fixture Business

Treasurers Report
League Fund £23,281.17
Benevolent Fund £ 3,996.00
_________
Total Balance £27,277.17
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-

£10 – Sporting Barum – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee
Fixture Fines:-
NONE
League Fines:-
NONE

Other Business
Cup Finals:-
Brayford Cup Final will be hosted by Barnstaple Town at Mill Road on Saturday 18th May 7.30 K/O, Combe Martin Cup Final will be hosted by Combe Martin on Saturday 4th May 6.30 K/O. The North Devon Journal and Arlington Cup Finals will be on Saturday 20th and 27th April and hosted at Ilfracombe Town and Torrington but which cup is played at what venue will be announced as soon as we know the finalists.
Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- This years memorial shield will be hosted by Barnstaple Town on Friday 2nd August K/O 7.30pm, this will hopefully increase the gate receipts that goes towards the Leagues Benevolent fund.
Possible New Entries:- The League has received interest from 3 possible new teams entering, 2 additional teams and 1 team transferring from Kingsley League. The League has 5 slots available.
League & Cup Finals Medals:- League Secretary requested permission to organise the purchase of the Medals from Trophyman. The Committee was happy for him to purchase Medals for the League Runner ups and Winners and Trophies for the Cup Finals instead of the Medals. The League Secretary will also organise the purchase of the custom medals as agreed although this is too late for this season.
Cup Final Programs:- League Secretary advised he was looking for a new sponsor for the League Cup Final programs due to HJ Badcock not being in a position to continue. The League secretary has emailed various printing companies and will hopefully get something in the papers asap. The committee agreed that the finals need to have programs now and have requested that the League Secretary ask for a quote for these.
Referee Marking:- The method for collecting and analysing referee marks by Devon FA was much better than previous seasons. It had been reported to the league that the top marked senior ref in the whole county was Fred Saunders which was applauded.
Devon County Cups:- Following the Intermediate Cup Area Final Northside Atlantic were now the only North Devon Gazette League remaining in a County Cup competition. Their next match was a home tie against Buckland & Milber on 9 March. The Committee wished them luck in this semi-final tie. A compliment was noted for referee and committee member Keith Greenleaf for his handling of the Area Final, by the Registration Secretary who was present.

Back to the top

April 2013

Present:- A. Evans(Chair), M. Tattersall, R. Bates, P. Sercombe, M Saunders, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, B. Fishleigh, M. Jenkins
Apologies:- B. Huxtable, D. Parish
Minutes of the meeting held March 1st 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Torridgeside Devon FA Appeal:- The Appeal took place on Tuesday 5th March at Tiverton Town and the Devon FA Commission found in favour of the League to apply the rule of an unregistered player for a clerical error.

Pivot Trophy:- The game took place at Holsworthy on Wednesday 27th March and Fremington won the game 6-1. £130 was raised but this was not including any club donations.

Charges & Fines:- Guidance from Devon FA was received that the League are not allowed to fine clubs without first issuing them with a charge except for Rules 5I, 6H, 10A, 11 and 19. The League Secretary has had it confirmed that using email as opposed to sending out letters was ok and will save clubs & the League time and money. Charges will be issued with the club having 7 days to respond with one of the following:- I accept the charge, I deny the charge and wish to have a personal hearing, I wish to submit a written case in mitigation to the charge, I wish to put my case directly before the League Management Committee.

Correspondence Received

Ashwater Facilities:- Another complaint was received regarding Ashwater’s facilities. This time from Scot Hill stating there was no water supply for a shower after the game, no electricity, so no lighting, Referee’s changing room a very small cubicle. This was followed by a report from the League Chairman of his findings on a facilities inspection. The report was detailed to the LMC and backed up other complaints received. The LMC agreed that Ashwater should be sent an email to request a proposal on improving their facilities by no later than 30th April with all works to be carried out and inspected in the week commencing the 17th June. Failure will result in the LMC requesting the removal of the club from the League at the AGM.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1832
Transfers -  106

Fixture Business
NONE

Treasurers Report

League Fund                 £23,35617
Benevolent Fund           £  3,896.00
                                    ­_________
Total Balance               £27,252.17
                                    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines:-
£10 – Shamwickshire Res – Fielding an Unregistered Player - Lewis Rogers v Torrington - Rule 8 (O) – Game lost no further punishment
£5 – Ashwater - Late Team Sheet v Combe Martin - Rule 11

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Braunton Thirds - Late Result - Rule 11
£10 –Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Late Result - Rule 11
£10 –Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Late Result - Rule 11
£10 –Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Incorrect Result - Rule 11
£10 –Boca Seniors - Incorrect Result - Rule 11
£10 –Georgeham & Croyde Res - Incorrect Result - Rule 11

League Fines:-
NONE

Charges:-
Shamwickshire Res – Fielding an Unregistered Player - Kevin Downing v Northam Lions - Rule 8 (O)
Lynton & Lynmouth - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5

Other Business

New Secretaries:- A new secretary meeting took place on Tuesday 26th March and both new secretaries from Pilton and Sporting Barum were in attendance.

Cup Final Programs:- League Secretary requested a quote for HJ Badcock for League Cup Final Programs and it was quoted at £65 + Vat (£78) per 200 A4 folded program like previous seasons.

Possible New Entries:- The League has received interest from 2 possible new teams entering, 3 additional teams and 1 team transferring from Kingsley League. We have had confirmation from 2 teams maybe withdrawing from the League. The League has 5 slots available.

League & Cup Finals Medals:- League Secretary has organised the purchase of the Divisional Winners and Runners up Medals from Trophyman. This year's divisional winners medal has an upgraded presentation box. League Secretary has showed the committee some ideas for trophies for the Cup finals. Trophyman have agreed to supply the man of the match tankard for 3 finals as ND Journal does their own. LMC agreed to let the League Secretary decide on the cup final trophies

League Cups Finals:- Brayford Cup Final, 18th May 7.30pm K/O, Mill Road, Home to Barnstaple Town, Torridgeside v Bideford Reserves - Combe Martin Cup Final, 4th May 6.30pm K/O, Hollands Park, Home to Combe Martin, Combe Martin v Fremington - Arlington Cup Final, 27th April 7.30pm K/O, Vicarage Field, Home to Torrington FC, Barnstaple FC v Northside Atlantic - North Devon Journal Cup Final, 20th April 7.30pm K/O, Marlborough Park, Home to Ilfracombe Town, Fremington Reserves v Braunton Fourths

Back to the top

May 2013

Present:- A. Evans(Chair), B Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, P. Sercombe, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, B. Fishleigh, B. Huxtable, J Fry
Apologies:- D. Parish, M Saunders, M. Jenkins,
Minutes of the meeting held April 5th 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising
Combe Martin Cup Semi Final:- League Secretary noted that both Braunton Res and Combe Martin have been disqualified from the Combe Martin Cup for playing an ineligible player. The majority vote was to disqualify both teams and Fremington will win the Cup uncontested. League Secretary also noted that this was not a decision that was taken lightly but the League rules left them with no real options after seeking guidance from Devon FA. The LMC would hope that this situation will not arise again. Due to the appeal date expiring today, the Combe Martin Cup will be awarded to Fremington on Saturday 4th May.
Ashwater Facilities:- Ashwater sent their changing facilities and Ground proposal within the time requested. This was handed to the LMC for acceptance. A sub committee was formed (Alan Evans, Pete Sercombe, Brain Fishleigh & Mick Tattersall) who will inspect the facilities on the 22nd June. If the proposed work is not carried out to the Sub Committee’s liking then the LMC will propose for the withdrawal of the club at the AGM.
Cup Finals:- Finals completed are the North Devon Journal Cup Final with Braunton Fourths beating Fremington Res on penalties and the Arlington cup finals with Barnstaple FC beating Northside Atlantic 2-1. The NDJ Cup raised £236 on the gate and the Arlington cup raised £426. The new trophies for the teams were very well received as was the Referee medals.

Correspondence Received
Ashwater Complaint:- Another complaint was received regarding Ashwater’s facilities. This time from Merton stating there was no showers working after the game, although they were offered to use the home team showers. The away changing room were is a state with mud and old tape from a previous game, Merton feel that this is not acceptable. League Secretary had spoken to the Ashwater Chairman regarding this complaint and told him although they are in the process of doing a proposal for the upgrades, there is no excuse for not cleaning the changing rooms. Their Chairman accepted this and will speak to the relevant people to make sure this does not happen again and stressed there are trying to do everything to get their facilities up to the Leagues standard as they wish to remain a member club.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1832
Transfers - 106

Fixture Business - NONE

Treasurers Report
League Fund £21,407.88
Benevolent Fund £ 3,896.00
___________
Total Balance £25,303.88
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-

£20 – Combe Martin – Fielding an Ineligible Player – Gavin Pincombe v Braunton Res - Rule ND24– As both teams broke rule ND24, both were disqualified from the Combe Martin Cup (Paid)
£20 – Braunton Res – Fielding an Ineligible Player – Lee Eates v Combe Martin - Rule ND24– As both teams broke rule ND24, both were disqualified from the Combe Martin Cup. (Paid)
£10 – Equalizers – Failure to Mark down Goal scorers - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 – Equalizers – Failure to Mark down Goal scorers - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 – Appledore Res - Late Team Sheet v Shebbear - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 – Ashwater - Late Team Sheet v Lynton & Lynmouth- Rule 11
£5 – Ashwater - Late Team Sheet v Fremington - Rule 11
£5 – Equalizers - Late Team Sheet v Torridgeside Res - Rule 11
£5 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Late Team Sheet v Landkey - Rule 11
£10 – Georgeham & Croyde – Failure to supply a letter of low marking
£10 – Shamwickshire Res – Late Result
£10 – Woolsery Res – Late Result
£10 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe – Late Result
Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Braunton Thirds - No Result - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 – Shamwickshire Res - No Result Received - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 – Braunton Fourths - No Result Received - Rule 11
£10 – Shamwickshire Res - No Result Received - Rule 11
League Fines:-
£10 - Buckland Brewer – No First Aid Kit (Paid)
Charges:- (Charges are only listed if we are waiting for a reply, otherwise they will be a fine or protest)

Other Business

League AGM:- The League AGM has been booked for Tuesday 2nd July starting at 7pm at the Robins Nest, Bideford.

Possible New Entries:- *Latest Update* The League has received interest from 3 possible new teams entering, 3 additional teams and 2 team transferring from Kingsley League. We have had confirmation from 1 team maybe withdrawing from the League as the other has decided to stay. The League has 5 slots available.

League & Cup Finals Medals:- League Secretary has purchased the Divisional Medals, Cup Final Trophies and Referee Medals from Trophyman at a cost of £1,800.

League Cups Finals:- Remaining Cup final to be played is the Brayford Cup Final, 18th May 7.30pm K/O, Mill Road, Home to Barnstaple Town, Torridgeside v Bideford Reserves

FA Cup Final Tickets:- Letter received from Devon FA regarding the League’s allocation of tickets for the FA Cup Final. We were allocated 3 pairs of tickets. Each club was given a number selected randomly. Each pair of tickets was also given a number. League Secretaries wife was asked to select 3 numbers for the clubs and a number for each pair of tickets. The 3 clubs selected were Torridgeside, Dolton & Northside Atlantic. Each club was informed about there selection and informed if they accept or decline these tickets, if they decline they will be removed from the Rota and only re-added after the Rota has been completed. Torridgeside accept their tickets but Dolton & Northside declined the offer, 2 more clubs were drawn which were Clovelly and Bradworthy and both clubs declined the offer too. Therefore the 2 remaining allocation was sent back to Devon FA as there was no further time to try and allocate these tickets, Devon FA only give the League Secretary 2 days to arrange this. Tickets are passed onto each club costing its face value.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield Reminder:- The League Secretary would like to remind the LMC that the Albert Beer Memorial Shield is to be played on Friday 2nd August 7.30pm Kick Off, at Barnstaple Towns pitch at Mill Road. The Brayford Cup officials (If Available) will be asked to Referee this game as per previous years.

Next Season League Entry Forms:- The Entry forms will be issued via email to all existing clubs and new clubs on the 5th May. These will need to be completed and returned with their entry fee to the League Secretary no later than 15th May for new or transferring clubs and 22nd May for all current clubs. New Clubs applying will also receive an application form and should they not be elected into the league they will have their Deposit and Entry fee refunded. Current clubs that are applying for additional teams will be refunded that team’s entry fee if not elected.

Devon FA League Representative:- League Secretary asked if anyone would like the opportunity to take the role as Devon FA League Representative. Keith Greenleaf shown interest and was accepted by the LMC. This will go to the AGM for a Vote.

Premier Standards:- Torrington FC already meets the Premier Standards but due to the club being bought by a new owner the LMC agreed they will still require an inspection due to alterations being planned. Fremington have plans in place to rebuild a new changing facility of the back of the current youth hut. League Secretary proposed the Sub Committee that was formed for the Ashwater inspection to oversee the Premier Standards with an inspection in Mid June if required. Both clubs will be notified. Combe Martin could be promoted should there be any issues with the standard and currently meets the standards required.

Brayford Cup Final:- Brain Fishleigh advised the LMC that he has had a couple of clubs complaining about Barnstaple Town’s Mill Road being the venue for this seasons Brayford Cup Final. The League Secretary advised that this decision was made by the LMC and was minuted in the March minutes and he has had no official complaint from any member club, if the League had a complaint the League Secretary would have brought it back to the LMC for further discussion.

Sock Tape & Under Garments:- At the request of the NDRA an email will be sent to all clubs reminding them to make sure their players have the correct colour sock tape and under garments.

Back to the top

June 2013 Draft minutes

Present:- A. Evans(Chair), D. Parish, B Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A Webster, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, B. Fishleigh, B. Huxtable, M Saunders, M. Jenkins,
Apologies:- P. Sercombe,
Minutes of the meeting held May 3rd 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising
League Constitution:- Next season’s League constitution was handed out to the management committee for their perusal. The League Secretary advised that he is currently waiting on confirmation that Bude are withdrawing from the league and with Morwenstow Res entering as Kingsley League winners this means there are currently 4 constitutions. Should Bude withdraw then there will be 2. New Teams wishing to entre next year are Appledore Academy, Merton Res, Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res, Landkey Res, Morwenstow Res, FC United, Chivenor FC and Haxton Rangers. We currently have 5 slots, 6 slots if Bude withdraw. These teams will be given 2 minutes to say something at the AGM before the ballot papers will be handed in for counting. The top 5/6 will be admitted in to the League, should the 2/3 failing clubs be a current non member club they will be asked to leave the AGM.
Club Facilities Inspections:- Plans were shown to the LMC submitted from Fremington FC for their new facilities for entry to the Premier division, these will be inspected on completion, Torrington FC are renovating their changing rooms and will need inspecting and Ashwater will be upgrading their facilities. All inspections must be completed before the 22nd June by the Sub Committee.
Cup Final:- The remaining final, the Brayford Cup was played on the 18th May and was very well attended. Torridgeside beat Bideford 2-1. This final raised £1,434.
Abandoned Game:- Referee Adam Sowden reported that the game between Braunton Thirds and Torridgeside Res on the 11th May was abandoned on the 78th minute due to a player injury where an ambulance was called. The score was 0-5 to Torridgeside Res. Both clubs have issued a statement to confirm the details and are happy with the result to stand. Committee were happy for the result to stand
Correspondence Received
Appledore Academy:- A letter was read out to the LMC from Appledore’s Chairwomen regarding the use of Bideford Colleges Moreton Park football pitch for its academy team. The League Secretary corrected parts of the letter that was incorrect as well as the conversation he had with Appledore’s Secretary and Chairwomen. The main issue is the lack of Referee’s facilities which Appledore believe to be something to minor to stop them entering a young academy team. League Secretary advised the club to arrange a few dates for inspection by the Sub Committee were a decision will be made. LMC confirmed that unless they meet the criteria then the venue will not be allowed to be used in the League.
Buckland Brewer:- Notification from Buckland Brewer that they are planning to relocate the club to Torrington School due to the current Buckland Brewer facilities being beyond repair.
Unauthorized Pitch Markings:- An email was received from referee Mark Allen regarding unauthorized pitch marking on the Fremington pitch in their reserve game against Barnstaple FC Res. Letter was read to the LMC. League Secretary sent this letter to Fremington to explain why these markings are there. Fremington advised that they did not put these markings there and they removed them as soon as the Referee pointed them out. They also advised that this is community field and is used by the local school, Fremington group and junior football teams. They have never had a problem like this before nor have they noticed these marking either, they will make sure that the marking are checked before each game. LMC was happy with this.
Braunton:- Notification from Braunton that they will not be using the Recreation Ground as it is currently unfit for football. All 4 clubs will use the 2 pitches at Lobb Fields.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1832
Transfers - 106

Fixture Business - NONE

Treasurers Report
League Fund £23,819.90
Benevolent Fund £ 3,896.00
___________
Total Balance £27,715.90
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
League Accounts will be closed on June 7th and everything submitted to Nick Beaumont at Stevens & Willey Accountants for checking in preparation of the AGM.

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Registration Fines:-

£10 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe – Failure to supply a letter of low marking – Rule ND13.5(Paid)
£10 – Ashwater – Failure to supply a letter of low marking – Rule ND13.5
£5 – Shamwickshire Res - Late Team Sheet v Pilton - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 – Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Late Team Sheet v Woolsery Res - Rule 11 (Paid)
Fixture Fines:- None
League Fines:-
£50 – Northside Atlantic - Failure to raise a team – Game awarded to opposition and 3 points deducted. (Paid)
£50 – North Molton Thirds- Failure to raise a team – Game awarded to opposition and 3 points deducted.(Paid)
£30 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Torrington Res - Rule 11 (Paid)
£30 – Woolsery Res - Fine Trebled - Late Result - Rule 11
£30 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Fine Trebled - Late Result - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Failing to deal with League Business - Not responding to charge J0121 (Paid)
Charges:- (Charges are only listed if we are waiting for a reply, otherwise they will be a fine or protest)
Fines are down by £435 on last season and trebled fines are on 7 this season compared to 14 last season.

Other Business
Entry Forms:-
All entries have been received and are fully complete. Entry fees will be retained until after the AGM when they will be banked.
Albert Beer Memorial Shield Reminder:- The League Secretary would like to remind the LMC that the Albert Beer Memorial Shield is to be played on Friday 2nd August 7.30pm Kick Off, at Barnstaple Towns pitch at Mill Road. The Brayford Cup officials (If Available) will be asked to Referee this game as per previous years.
Retiring Secretaries:- The following club secretaries are retiring – Becky Bridgeman – Ashwater, Craig Horrell – Barnstaple AAC, Sam Stephens – Bideford Res, Mark Harris – Braunton, Roger Holmes – Georgeham & Croyde, James Lee – Park Utd and Wayne Pomeroy – Putford. The League would like to wish everyone all the very best in the future.
Devon FA League Representative:- League Secretary spoke to Paul Morrison at Devon FA with regards to Keith Greenleaf taking over as the Leagues FA Representative. Paul advised that it would be best to wait for our AGM incase someone wished to stand against Keith for this position. I sent an email out to all clubs requesting anyone that wished to stand for this position and had no reply. The League Secretary therefore proposes that Keith be elected at the AGM unopposed.
New Club Secretaries:- The following are new club secretaries and will be required to have a meeting with the League Secretary to be arranged after the AGM. James Sowden – Ashwater, Adam Chugg – Barnstaple AAC, Ian Johns – Bideford Res, Nick Shilleto – Georgeham & Croyde, Adam Eley – Park Utd, David Buckpitt – Putford, Gary Diamond – Torrington, Kelly-Marie James – FC United, Justin Procter – Chivenor FC and Pete Lewis – Haxton Rangers. Morwenstow Secretary David Sailsbury and Braunton new Secretary Dave Loder are excused from this meeting as they have already been a secretary in this league previously.
League Rebranding:- League Secretary proposed that we rebrand the league. League Secretary will spend time redoing the League Logo so we have digitalized copies for the website etc. Have League Ties, Polo Shirts and Jackets made for all Committee Members and League Officers to lift the profile of the League at games especially cup finals. Try and get a partner on board to help with costs. Advertise the league website more to help bring in advertising revenue. Over the last 3 years the League Secretary believes the League has improved in a lot of areas and wishes it to keep moving forward especially with the chances of becoming a Chartered Standard League.
AGM Paperwork:- AGM Paperwork will be emailed to all clubs before the 14th June
Devon FA AGM:- Devon FA AGM is on Saturday 15th June at 2pm at The Imperial Hotel in Torquay TQ1 2DG.
Devon FA Discipline:- Dave Parish advised the League on Social Media and players being fined £50 + £10 admin costs for things being reported from Facebook and Twitter.
Higher League Players:- Brain Fishleigh asked if anything could be done regarding players from higher leagues signing to NDFL clubs and playing when they have no games in the higher leagues, especially the end of the season runs, clubs are being punished because of this by losing vital games that could cost them a Division Championship or League Cup. League Secretary advised that although we can do something within our own league, he don’t think we can do much about the higher leagues which could be seen as double standards. He will speak with Devon FA.

Back to the top

AGM 2013

Mr A. Evans in the Chair.

Present:- Officers, Members of the Management Committee and Member Clubs.

Matters Arising - None

Presentations
The 'Harold Bartlett Trophy' was present to Mr M Bufton, the referee who had achieved the highest marks during the past season.  The trophy for 'Club Secretary of the Year' for 2011 was presented to Mrs A. Balsdon, the Secretary of the Bradworthy.

Chairman’s Report
The Chairman reviewed the season. He expressed thanks to the League Officers and the Management Committee. Thanks to the North Devon Gazette and ND Journal for their sponsorship. Thanks to the all the referee’s for another great season. He congratulated all division and cup winners. Special mention for Torridgeside FC for a well deserved season lifting both the Premier Division title and Brayford Cup. Also double winning side at Barnstaple FC for playing some good football.

Secretary’s Report
The secretary thanked the club secretaries and offered his best wishes to the retiring secretaries. He advised that a new secretaries meeting will take place before the start of the season. League Secretary then addressed the members clubs that the amount of fines are down £540 on the previous season and trebled fines have halved as club administration is getting better. Although he understood a high percentage of fines may not be the fault of the club secretary, he pointed out that it was their responsibility to make sure anyone that is passed any responsibilities are fully aware of what is required of them. Main fines issued are for, No Goalscorers on the Team Sheet, Late Team Sheet, Not rearranging fixtures & No letter of support for low marking of Referee’s. He made a point that clubs need to make their players and officials aware that comments made on social media are being dealt with by Devon FA Discipline and fines in excess of £50 are being issued, Suspensions will not be far away either.

Balance Sheet and Statement of Accounts
These documents, prepared by Mr M Tattersall, and certified by Stevens & Willey Chartered Accountants, were circulated at the meeting and approved.

Election of Clubs A Ballot vote was taken and the following were elected to membership of the League. Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res, Merton Res, Appledore Academy, Morwenstow Res, Haxton Rangers and Chivenor. As FC United was not voted in as a member club they were asked to leave the AGM. Landkey Town Res were the other team not voted in.

Constitution of the League
For season 2013-2014 as drawn up by the Management Committee was presented to the meeting in accordance with League rules.
PREMIER Appledore Reserves. Barnstaple AAC, Bideford Reserves, Boca Seniors, Bradworthy, Braunton, Chittlehampton, Dolton, Georgeham & Croyde, Ilfracombe Town Reserves, North Molton Sports Club, Shamwickshire Rovers, Shebbear United, Torridgeside, Fremington, Torrington
SENIOR Ashwater, Braunton Reserves, Combe Martin, Lynton & Lynmouth, Merton, North Molton Sports Club Reserves, Northam Lions, Park United, Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves, South Molton, Woolsery, Barnstaple FC, Torridgeside Res, Morwenstow Res, Putford, Landkey Town
INTERMEDIATE ONE Anchor Chiefs. Barnstaple AAC Reserves, Braunton Thirds, Clovelly, Equalizers, Hartland, High Bickington, Ilfracombe Town Thirds, Northam Lions Reserves, Northside Atlantic, Sporting Barum, Torrington Reserves, Woolacombe & Mortehoe, Pilton Academicals, Barnstaple FC Res, Buckland Brewer
INTERMEDIATE TWO Anchor Chiefs Reserves, Braunton Fourths, Chittlehampton Reserves, Fremington Reserves, Georgeham & Croyde Reserves, Hartland Reserves, Lynton & Lynmouth Reserves, North Molton Sports Club Thirds, Putford Reserves, South Molton Reserves, Woolsery Reserves, Haxton Rangers, Chivenor, Appledore Academy, Merton Res, Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res

Elections All the current officers were declared re-elected unopposed 
On the closure of nominations, the following members of last season’s Management Committee had submitted valid nominations for next season’s Committee and are therefore elected. B Fishleigh, M Jenkins,M Saunders, Brett Huxtable, T. Alcock & K. Greenleaf
Other retiring members of last season’s Committee are eligible for nomination and re-election at the meeting. P Sercombe was re-elected.
Keith Greenleaf was the only nomination for the Devon FA League Rep and was elected.

Alterations to Rules – The following Rule codes were voted on and carried. Rule 13(E) – Amended, Rule ND 8.4 – Amended, Rule ND 24.2 – Additional Rule, Rule ND 8(D)(1) – Additional Rule, Rule 8(N) – Deleted, Rule 8(C) – Amended Rule, Rule ND 18.1 - Amended Rule,
Amendment to Rule 12(B), Amendement to Rule 1(B) were rejected.
Mandatory changes in accordance with the standard code – Rules 1(A), 12(B) (iv) & (v), 8(A), 8(H), 10(F), 13(E) & 22
Optional rules – 1(A) was Approved, 10(G) was rejected

Commencement and Conclusion of Playing Season
Approved that as in recent seasons, the season should commence on the penultimate Saturday in August (18th), and conclude on the second Saturday in May (11th).

Honoraria – No Change

Any Other Business – No Other Business

Back to the top