North Devon Football League
North Devon Football League North Devon Football League North Devon Football League Winners

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2013/14

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - May - June - AGM

September 2013

There was no September meeting due to lack of business.

Back to the top

October 2013

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair), M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin, M Saunders, B. Fishleigh, K. Greenleaf
Apologies: - T. Alcock, D. Parish, J. Fry
Minutes of the meeting held May 31st 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising
Buckland Brewer withdrawal:- Buckland Brewer has advised the League that they are withdrawing with immediate effect on the 1st August. (Club statement read to the LMC). No intention to withdraw was issued as per league rules. The LMC decided that by retaining their entry fee will be enough and no further action is needed.
Torrington Player Registration Issue:- It was reported to the League by Merton football club that they wished to register a player named Adam Davey but he appears on the Torrington FC registered players list. The player assured Merton he had not signed any form with Torrington this season. The player was asked to provide proof of his signature which he did via his passport. (Paperwork passed around the LMC). Registration forms for the last 3 years were provided by the Registration secretary and this season’s form does not match his signature unlike the 2 season before that. Torrington was issued a charge which they pleaded guilty with written mitigation (read to LMC). The LMC decide that a fine of £25 to be issued to Torrington and a warning about getting player signatures to be sent.

Correspondence Received
High Bickington
:- email received from Fred Avery advising the League he is stepping down as secretary, Fred is still involved in the club but he is handing over the reins to Stuart Hutching and will be on hand to assist him. A new secretary meeting will be arranged in due course.
Barnstaple Ammies:- Email received from Adam Chugg advising the league due to moving away with work he will have to step down as secretary. Darren Hollyoak will take over and a new secretary meeting will be arranged in due course.
Braunton Kit Change:- Email received from Braunton FC’s secretary requesting permission from the LMC to change their kit colour to Yellow Shirts, Green Shorts & Yellow Socks. This was approved.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1686
Transfers - 30

Fixture Business
A solid start to the new season, As of 1st October We have 3 postponements, from mid week games first round of League cups have been played, 3 walk over’s, most unusual. 1 cup game to be played, as both teams were drawn at home. 223 games played out of 1000, including cup games, Web site software left 7 fixtures that could not fix into the date limit of the season, most due to Merton, having 2 teams, plus closer dates on a shared pitch, 3 weeks closed due to Scout activities. Teams to re-arrange and league will try to slot in around cup dates once we see results.

Treasurers Report
League Fund £22,476.89
Benevolent Fund £ 4,223.00
_________
Total Balance £26,669.89
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Charges:-

Braunton Fourths – Fielding an Unregistered Player- Luke Oliver - Rule 8 (O) – Guilty
Torrington - Falsifying a Player Registration - Rule 5D – Guilty with Mitigation
Morwenstow Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND 24.6 – Guilty with Mitigation
Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND 24.6 - Guilty
Chittlehampton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND 24.6 - Guilty
Registration Fines:-
£10 – Shaun Hastings – Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1 (Paid)
£10 – Rob Paul – Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1 (Paid)
£10 - Braunton Fourths – Fielding an Unregistered Player- Luke Oliver - Rule 8 (O) (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery Res - Failure to mark down Goalscorers - Rule 11 – (Paid)
£10 – Ilfracombe Res - Failure to mark down Goalscorers - Rule 11 – (Paid)
£5 – Clovelly - Late Team Sheet v Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Rule 11
£5 – Barnstaple AAC - Late Team Sheet v Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Rule 11
£5 – Torrington Res - Late Team Sheet v Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Rule 11 (Paid)
Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Barnstaple AAC– Incorrect Result - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 – North Molton Thirds– Incorrect Result - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 – Georgeham & Croyde - Late Result - Rule 11 (Paid)
League Fines:-
£25 –Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND 24.6
£25 –Morwenstow Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND 24.6 (Paid)
£25 –Chittlehampton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND 24.6

Other Business
New Secretaries Meeting
:- New secretaries meeting tool place at Barnstaple Library on Thursday 25th July with all 10 new secretaries in attendance. Meeting lasted nearly 2 hours and the League secretary would like it noting that all the new secretaries are doing a good job in their new roles.
MJM Golden Boot/Glove Presentation Evening:- The presentation evening was held on Thursday 19th September at MJM Sports. It was very well attended with only a couple of winners/runners up missing. The original date was moved forward due to Terry has to deal with family matters but Terry has advised he will be looking into fixing a date a lot earlier for this season’s presentation. We would like to thank MJM Sports for the continued sponsorship of this and for the hospitality shown at the presentation evening.
Club Facilities Inspections:- Inspections were done on Fremington and Ashwater by the sub committee. Fremington have made the biggest changes with the new changing facilities for the teams in the youth hut and Ashwater installing a new Referees room with it own entrance/exit. Both clubs were approved by the sub committee and Fremington granted Premier division status. Morton Park was also inspected at the requested of Appledore Academy, although the pitch and team facilities were fantastic the referee room has no shower. Appledore were advised to play at Rock Park until such time the referees changing room was upgraded.
Higher League Players:- Following on from the last meeting, Brian Fishleigh requested if anything could be done about players from higher leagues. League Secretary had spoken to Devon FA and was advised we would need to propose a rule amendment to rule 8C for this to happen, by including any leagues in the steps above our own premier division, they will fall under the 2 player rule.
League Rebranding:- League Secretary advised he had not had any time to deal with this as yet but has mentioned to MJM Sports regarding league officials having sponsored coats etc. This is ongoing and will hopefully report more at the next meeting.
Charter Standard:- The Registration Secretary updated the committee on progress so far.
The League Development plan was being drafted, the application had been submitted. A web page had been set up and contained all the information and documents for the clubs to begin their applications. First aid courses were in the process of being organised and clubs would be informed of dates in due course.
Anchor Chiefs v Hartland - 10/09/13:- A protest had been received from Hartland regarding the postponement of this fixture. The matter was handled by the Registration Secretary due to the League Secretary's interest in the Anchor Chiefs club. On reviewing the matter the Registration Secretary offered the Hartland club the opportunity to withdraw the protest as there was no case to protest. Hartland accepted that offer but as per rule a protest may only be withdrawn by order of the management committee. The committee accepted that the Registrations Secretary had acted with the interests of the committee but that any future protests would not be withdrawn without their permission. This would avoid clubs making spurious claims and then withdrawing them at the last minute. Anchor Chiefs were advised of this outcome and were happy to leave it at that.
Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- The memorial shield raised £267 for the ND Football League Benevolent fund, the league chairman stated that he was unhappy with the turnout of both the league committee and the players from the clubs in this league. This game is to benefit injured players and he would have hoped that a better turnout would have happened.
First Aid Kits:- It had been brought to the LMC’s attention for the NDRA that a number of Referees have noticed that there are game were there is no first aid kit at hand. The League Secretary advised that he had no reports from any referees and would change any club that did not have one. A friendly reminder will be issued to all clubs regarding this.
Referee Committee Devon FA:- It was brought to the attention of the LMC that D&E League were going to pilot a fitness test on all their level 5 referees to see if they are fit enough to officiate premier standard games or not. Should this be successful then Devon FA may roll it out to all leagues and officials. At this moment it does not affect this league and any changes will be reported back if necessary.
Referee Appointments Board:- Fred Saunders asked if the League Secretary could send out a friendly reminder to all clubs that they must contact the Referee 5 days before the game and not leave it till the last minute. There has been a few that have done it. League Secretary advised he would send out this email but if this continues then it should be reported and the club will be charged accordingly.

Back to the top

November 2013

Present:- D. Parish (Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin, M Saunders, B. Fishleigh,   K. Greenleaf, T. Alcock
Apologies: - Alan Evans
Minutes of the meeting held October 4th 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Tony Cloak:- The League Secretary advised the LMC that Mr Cloak had been taken ill and was now recuperating at home. The LMC wished Mr Cloak all the very best with his recuperation and will look forward to seeing him back in black very soon. The LMC asked the League Secretary to convey this message to Mr Cloak by email.

Correspondence Received

Spartan South Midlands Football League:- email received from Dave Henman who is a committee member for the Spartan South Midlands FL requesting information on a game he could attend on his visit to Combe Martin. He was interested in a premier game, so I arranged for him to visit Braunton v North Molton at Lobb Fields. I advised Braunton of his visit. He attended the game and emailed me back saying he met the club president and thoroughly enjoyed the game at Lobb Fields.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1792
Transfers -  49

Fixture Business

Bradworthy Pitch:-  Pitch closed until 2014, due to building at the school and scaffolding within 0.5 metres of the pitch.home fixtures have been reversed where possible,

Cups:- County Cup takes place Saturday, best of luck to those playing.
2nd round of our league cups take place 16.11.13
Fremington have 2 home fixtures,
1st teams MUST play before the reserves.

Fixtures:- 28 % of the league fixtures have been completed, 275/1000 fixtures
Current status is 4 postponed fixtures , a low number so far , good news.
3 teams have currently not lost any games, and only 2 teams have failed to get any points so far.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,635.90
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,283.00
                                                ­_________
Total Balance                     £28,918.90
                                                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Shamwickshire Rovers – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 – Guilty
Boca Seniors - Failure to notify opposition team - Rule 10D– Guilty
Shamwickshire Rovers - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3– Guilty
Sporting Barum - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3– Guilty
Woolsery - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3– Guilty

Registration Fines:-
£10 – Shamwickshire Res – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 (Paid)
£5 – Park Utd – Late Team Sheet v Landkey - Rule 11 (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Clovelly – Late Result - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 – Lynton & Lynmouth Res – Late Result - Rule 11
£10 – Shamwickshire - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Sorting Barum - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3
£10 – Torridgeside - Failure to report a postponed game - Rule 11
£10 – Hartland - Late Result - Rule 11

League Fines:-
£15 – Clovelly - Trebled Fine - Late Team Sheet v Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Rule 11 (Paid)
£30 – Putford - Trebled Fine - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 (Paid)
£5 – Boca Seniors - Failure to notify opposition team - Rule 10D

Other Business

Sponsorships:- The league main sponsor, the North Devon Gazette and the ND Journal Cup have both sent their sponsorships cheques, which have been banked.

Referee Assessments:- The League Secretary had a conversation with Tony Cloak, regarding the assessment of Referees in a North Area. Currently Referee’s only get assessed if they are going for promotion or have received 2 or more letters of low marking. The League Secretary asked if it could be possible to have a North Area committee with hopefully the backing of the NDGFL to fund some assessments on the league referees. The committee could look at each assessment and offer feedback to the referee thus hopefully improving the standard of some refereeing. Conversations were had with a couple of referees who thought the idea was great not only for new referees but also the older ones who very rarely/never get assessed. Jason Haywood from Devon FA after having a conversation with Tony Cloak said it was a good idea and this League would be the first to implement something like this but he would need to have conversations should a committee be formed as to what purpose it would serve and not to cross over other areas of work. The League Secretary stressed this is not an exercise to cause a referee any issues other than to improve any problem areas from the assessment and to improve him to be the best he can be. This will in turn help the standard to rise.  This initiative would breach the gap between the league and its referees as well as assist the clubs so they no something is being done to help he referees and will encourage more letters of low markings as some believe that the letters are a waste of time as nothing happens.  The League Secretary therefore proposed this and the LMC voted in principle to back this venture. The League Secretary was asked to come back to the January meeting to advise if a committee has been organised and the purposes behind this.

League Clothing:-  This was briefly discussed by the LMC and a quote will be sent to all members for their perusal and to be discussed in January.

Xmas Flowers:- It was agreed by the LMC that Bill Smale will organise flowers to be sent to Betty Shapland as we normally do each year.

Bob Drayton:- It was noted by Bill Smale of the passing of Bob Drayton recently, Mr Drayton was a good servent to the league as a Referee. We send our condolences to all his family and friends.

December Management Meeting:- Management Committee agreed that the Meeting arranged for December was not required and agreed that all emergency or urgent decisions regarding the League would be made by the League Secretary and the decision advised to the Committee in January.

Charter Standard:- Devon FA have arranged a first aid course for clubs on November 25th. 
It has 12 places of which 10 are currently filled. R. Bates to contact all clubs who have not asked to go on this course if they require a place on the next course before a date is set.

Back to the top

December 2013

There was no December meeting.

Back to the top

January 2014

Present:- R. Bates (Chair), B. Smale,  A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin, B. Fishleigh, K. Greenleaf, T. Alcock, P. Sercombe
Apologies: - M. Tattersall, Alan Evans, M Saunders, J. Fry, D. Parish
Absent:- N/A
Minutes of the meeting held November 1st 2013 were approved and signed.
Matters Arising

League Cup Finals:- The League Secretary (LS) would like to propose the cup final dates as follows April 19th & 26th, May 3rd & 10th. The LS normally plans for the finals to be played from Inter 2 to Premier depending on venues available and teams involved. These are the usual weekends used in previous seasons so were accepted by the League Management Committee (LMC). Two semi-finalist clubs had made a request to move the date of two of the cup finals. This was not agreed by the LMC as it would allow other finalists to request date switches and these were not exceptional circumstances. It was suggested by the LMC that the dates of the semi-finals and finals were published at the beginning of the season in the future. The LMC agreed to have the finals at Mill Road (Prem), Combe Martin, Torrington and Ilfracombe as per last season subject to ground availability.

Barnstaple Town Reserves:- LS received a phone call from Warren Crossley the Barnstaple Town chairman proposing that his club wish to start a new reserve team that will fill in at Western league level, with this in mind they wanted to know if accepted would they have to start in Intermediate 2. The LMC agreed that it would not be possible to give an answer until next season’s constitution was drafted.

Northside Atlantic Withdrawn:- Email was received that Northside Atlantic on Wednesday 8th January requesting to be withdrawn from the league with Immediate effect. The decision is based on lack of committed players and to cut their losses as they are finding hard to sustain the costs involved in running a club. They would like to thank the league for all its help and support. The LMC agreed a fine of £45 for early withdrawal. The LMC was informed that players were free to sign for other clubs but must have cleared any debts to the Northside club before their new registration would be accepted. A list of players who owed money had been provided to the Registration Secretary for this purpose.

Correspondence Received

Tony Cloak:- Email received from Tony Cloak thanking the League for its concerns. Tony is currently back refereeing and has recovered well.

League Forums:- Email was received from Dai Carpenter at Devon FA regarding some upcoming League Forum events, email was read to the LMC – a discussion took place on the invite. The first meeting was 15 January which was short notice and the night before a Devon FA full council meeting which some of the LMC were attending, both in Newton Abbot. No one indicated they were prepared to attend the first meeting but the offer was still open. Attendance at the next meeting on 26 February would be discussed at the February LMC meeting.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1885
Transfers - 78

Fixture Business
The recent couple of weeks had been affected by the weather but fixtures were still ahead compared to previous seasons. Clubs were being proactive and arranging postponed fixtures for free dates.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,613.21
Benevolent Fund                 £  4,233.00
                                                ­_________
Total Balance                     £28,846.21
                                                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Georgeham & Croyde – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 – Guilty
Ashwater - Failure to notify opposition team - Rule 10D – Guilty
Lynton & Lynmouth - Failure to notify opposition team - Rule 10D – Guilty
Dolton - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email - Rule ND5.1 - Guilty
North Molton - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email - Rule ND5.1 - Guilty
Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email - Rule ND5.1 - Guilty
Woolsery- Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email - Rule ND5.1 - Guilty
Haxton Rangers - Failure to deal with League Business - Not notifying Match Official ND5.1 – Guilty
Barnstaple FC - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4 – Guilty
Barnstaple AAC Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F – Guilty
Combe Martin - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F – Guilty
Barnstaple AAC Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C – Guilty with Mitigation

Registration Fines:-
£10 – Georgeham & Croyde – Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 (Paid)
£10 – Barnstaple FC - Signing an incorrect Team Sheet - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 – Barnstaple FC - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4 (Paid)
£5 – Combe Martin – Late Team Sheet v Landkey - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 – Torridgeside – Late Team Sheet v Landkey - Rule 11 (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 – Fremington Res – Late Result - Rule 11 (Paid)

League Fines:-
£5 – Ashwater - Failure to notify opposition team - Rule 10D (Paid)
£5 – Lynton & Lynmouth - Failure to notify opposition team - Rule 10D (Paid)
£15 –Woolsery Res - Fine Trebled - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 (Paid)
£10 – Dolton - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email ND5.1 (Paid)
£10 – North Molton - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email ND5.1 (Paid)
£10 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email ND5.1 (Paid)
£10 – Woolsery - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email ND5.1 (Paid)
£10 – Haxton Rangers - Failure to deal with League Business - Not notifying Match Official ND5.1 (Paid)
£25 –Barnstaple AAC - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND 24.6, 3 point deducted and game awarded to opposition (Paid)
£25 –Barnstaple AAC - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C (Paid)
£30 – Appledore Academy - Fine Trebled - Failure to report a postponed game - Rule 11 (Paid)
£30 – Dolton - Fine Trebled - Failure to deal with League Business - No reply to first aid email ND5.1 (Paid)

Other Business

Referee Assessments:- The League Secretary has not managed to have a conversation with Jason Haywood but has spoken to Tony Cloak and Andy Walter from the NDRA who are all in favour. He will hopefully have more to report in February.  

League Clothing:-  LMC had expected to have the details sent to them prior to the meeting. R. Bates said he would ensure this was done prior to the February meeting where it would be further considered. League colours and the League Logo were discussed. There were no league colours but the logo was a part of the history of the League and should remain as it is. After the meeting R. Bates checked and believed that the LS did send round the details in early November.

Abandoned Game:-  It was reported by Referee Ben Chance that he had to abandon the game after 20 minutes, the game was Shamwickshire Rovers Res v Lynton & Lynmouth on the 2nd November with the score being 2 nil to Lynton. The reason for this game to be abandoned was due to extreme weather conditions mainly the high winds not allowing football to be played. Both clubs were requested to supply a statement and both were happy to replay this fixture. The League Secretary acting on behalf of the LMC agreed to allow this game to be replayed.

Charter Standard:-  The previous first aid course had 10 of the 12 people attend who said they wished to attend. A second course had been arranged for the 3February and this was to be publicised to those clubs that that indicated they required attendance. This was the last specially arranged first aid course.

Barnstaple AAC:-  Barnstaple AAC had written a letter in mitigation of their punishment for breach of rule 8C, playing over 2 senior players in their reserve match. A discussion took place on the merits of the various workings of the rule which is a FA Standard Code rule. It was agreed that it would never be possible to satisfy every club when it came to strengthening teams. The decision of the LMC was to suggest to Barnstaple AAC that should they not be happy with the current working of the rule to put in a rule amendment proposal at this season’s AGM. It was the clubs who voted in the rules and not the LMC.

Xmas Flowers:-  Bill Smale had delivered the flowers to Betty Shapland who expressed her thanks to the League.

Bradworthy pitch:-  Bradworthy’s pitch is now back up and running following the removal of the scaffolding. The club thanked the league for their understanding and patience.

Back to the top

February 2014

Present:- D. Parish(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin, B. Fishleigh,      K. Greenleaf, T. Alcock, P. Sercombe, M Saunders,
Apologies: - J. Fry,
Absent:- Alan Evans
Minutes of the meeting held January 10th 2013 were approved and signed.
Matters Arising

League Cup Finals:- LS has confirmed the North Devon Journal Cup final will be held at Ilfracombe Town FC on the 19th April and the  Arlington Cup Final on the 26th April with be hosted by Torrington FC. The Brayford final at Mill Road has a problem with the 10th May as they have a party booked in. The Pitch is available but I have advised I would not put a final on with a party going on due to the amount of people that attended last season. I have asked the availability of Friday 9th May and Saturday 3rd May, due to this I have not contacted Combe Martin as yet.

Barnstaple Town Reserves:- Following on from last months minutes, the LS spoke to Devon FA regarding positioning a team in an higher division. As we have no rule in place for this, they suggest we stick to our normal constitution in the first instance but should a slot become available and the club/team be voted in at the AGM, we can do another vote to see if the member clubs would allow them to start in a higher division if a spot is available.

League Forums:- Email was received from Dai Carpenter at Devon FA regarding some upcoming League Forum events,–  Attendance for the meeting on 26th February was discussed and the email circulated to LMC members.

Referee Assessments:- LS has spoken to Jason Haywood (Devon FA RDO) who was very supportive of the idea and has requested that I arrange a meeting with this new committee to go through various ideas and the roles of this new committee. LS will therefore speak with Tony Cloak (Head Assessment Officer), Fred Saunders (Referee Appointments’ Secretary), Andy Walters (NDRA Chairman), Brett Huxtable (NDRA Secretary), Brian Fishleigh (Retired Referee & Assessment Officer) and I will also try and invite 2 Managers from the NDGFL. More details will be advised in due course. P Sercombe requested to have a member of the NDRA on this committee that Referees regularly in the NDGFL, LS advised that we have the NDRA Chairman and Secretary and that would be suitable, LS advised that this would be minuted for P Sercombe.

League Clothing:-  Following on from last months minutes, the LMC had a discussion on the League Clothing. It was agreed to look at League Ties, Polo shirts and Jackets. LS to request quotes from local businesses with the possibility of the pice being reduced through them sponsoring.

Abandoned Game – Torrington v Shebbear:- This game was abandoned by the Match Referee in the 89th minute with 5 minutes due to be added on because the Referee was concerned for player safety, score being 3-2. Statements from the Referee and both clubs were read to the LMC. Torrington wish for the result to stand but Shebbear request a replay. LS spoke to Devon FA in case they had anything reported to them or any disciplinary action was being taken but the answer was no, the League are free to make a decision on this. This game was voted to be replayed with a member of the LMC present at the game.

Correspondence Received

Woolacombe & Mortehoe:- email received from the club advising the League that their 1st team are away on the 26th April and should they get through to the final they will not have a full team or possibly not be able to field a team. LS advised them that the date was approved by the LMC and he has no choice but to proceed.

League Extension:- LS had been contacted by text, phone and social media asking if the League would be extended due to the adverse weather conditions. LS sent out an email to all clubs stating that if you would like to request an extension this must be done in writing. 6 clubs have requested this, 1 club advised they will not be playing any home games after 19th May as they are starting work on their ground and 1 club rejected the idea as they felt it was the clubs fault for entering too many cups and league games should be given priority. The LMC agreed to extend the league end date to 31st May.

Braunton FC:- Email received from Braunton FC advising the League of their intention to join the SWPL if they finish high enough and are accepted. They can’t confirm this until granted entry by SWPL. The LMC would like to wish Braunton the very best of luck with this venture and they will leave with the leagues blessing.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1918
Transfers - 87

Fixture Business
We have seen 6-7 weeks washed out, approx 175 games postponed, clubs need to work hard to fit all fixtures inside the
31.5.2014 deadline

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,948.21
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,233.00
                                          ­_________
Total Balance                     £29,181.21
                                           ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Barnstaple AAC Res - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4 – Guilty

Registration Fines:-
£10 – Barnstaple AAC Res - Signing an incorrect Team Sheet - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 – Barnstaple AAC Res - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4 (Paid)
£5 – Woolsery – Late Team Sheet v South Molton - Rule 11 (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
None

League Fines:-
£45 – Northside Atlantic- Withdrawing from the League (Paid)

Other Business

Pivot Trophy:- LS has sent the Kingsley League secretary a date for the Pivot Trophy of Wednesday 26th March at Torrington FC 7.30k/o. The LS is awaiting a response from the Kingsley league.

Devon FA Sanctions rule change:- The rule regarding a player appealing a sending off is to be changed but only for a Referee mistake, you will be able to appeal in writing only. Any other appeals with require HD video evidence as normal.

Devon FA Admin System:- The new whole game system will be coming into effect, starting with the Referees first.

Charter Standard:- The second free first aid course from Devon FA had been completed and there were now 15 people who had qualified which should equate to 15 teams. If any other teams still required a course there were others being held in the area, details can be found on the Devon FA website. If the qualification was for the Charter Standard application the league would refund the fee.

Back to the top

March 2014

Present:- Alan Evans (Chair), M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M. Jenkin, T. Alcock, M Saunders,
Apologies: - J. Fry, B. Fishleigh, K. Greenleaf, D. Parish,
Absent:- B. Smale, P. Sercombe,
Minutes of the meeting held February 7th 2013 were approved and signed.
Matters Arising

Tarka Tennis Pitches:- Email was forwarded from North Devon Council requesting the LMC discuss the pitch at Tarka Tennis. Boca Seniors has requested that NDC change the orientation of the pitch to create 1 larger pitch for Boca (and Pilton) and will also be positioned further away from the spots with the worst drainage making it more playable. NDC would like the North Devon Football Leagues thoughts on the proposal. The main negative impact is that we will lose the smaller pitch at Tarka, which would ultimately mean no Sunday League Football at Tarka Tennis Centre. The LMC agreed that this was not a decision for the League to make and asked the LS to reply this message to NDC.

Game Abandoned – Woolsery Res v Braunton Fourths:- Game was abandoned by Referee David Williams due to continuous rainfall effecting condition with the score being 1-1, Both clubs have requested a replay. Replay was granted by the LMC

Correspondence Received

Bideford Res:- Email was received from the Bideford Res secretary advising the league in accordance with rule 14.1 that there maybe a  possibility of withdrawing at the end of the season. This is dependent on the main club still wanting a reserve team next season.

Torrington FC:- Email received from Torrington FC advising the League of their intention to join the SWPL if they finish high enough and are accepted. They can’t confirm this until granted entry by SWPL. The LMC would like to wish Torrington the very best of luck with this venture and they will leave with the leagues blessing.

League Cup Finals:- Email received from Braunton Secretary advising the LS that the finals cant be confirmed until after the semi finals in accordance to rule 24.1, LS confirmed that this is correct although he would start to organising and have the committee ratify them after the semi finals. LS also advised that he will be recommending this rule be replaced for the finals to be organised early in the season instead.  LS has pencilled the North Devon Journal Cup final to be held at Ilfracombe Town FC on the 19th April and the Arlington Cup Final on the 26th April at Torrington FC. Barnstaple Town have offered a date of Friday 16th May to host the Brayford final which the LMC agreed for the LS to discuss this with Barnstaple Town and  to discuss with Combe Martin for the 3rd May.

Braunton FC:- Email received from Braunton with a copy of their official SWPL application.

Jason Haywood:- Email received from Jason asking if the League would remind clubs regarding kit clashes with Referee’s. This was due to a Referee asking if he could wear a yellow top as he had a clash with Barnstaple FC’s kit and another club from the Kingsley League. LS advised Jason that he was not prepared to send out an email to all the clubs for something that the league has no issues with, the Kit in question at Barnstaple FC has been used for a number of seasons without any issues and all our clubs know the rule regarding the kits. LS has had no reports regarding any issues with kits for a couple of seasons now.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1969
Transfers - 94

Fixture Business
202 Games cancelled since Christmas with 28 still to be arranged.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £25,063.21
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,233.00
                                           ­_________
Total Balance                    £29,296.21
                                            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Torridgeside - Failure to pay Referee - Rule 13(E) – Guilty

Registration Fines:-
£5 – Lynton & Lynmouth – Late Team Sheet v Merton - Rule 11

Fixture Fines:-
None

League Fines:-
£5 – Torridgeside- Failure to pay Referee - Rule 13(E)
£10 – Nathan Broome - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1

Other Business

Barnstaple Town Reserves:- Following the recent disruptions at Barnstaple Town, the LS will be contacting them to check they are looking to bring in a reserve team.

Referee Assessments:- LS has finalised this committee with himself, Tony Cloak (Head Assessment Officer), Fred Saunders (Referee Appointments’ Secretary), Andy Walters (NDRA Chairman), Brett Huxtable (NDRA Secretary), Brian Fishleigh (Retired Referee & Assessment Officer), Darren Todd (Boca Seniors) and John Thompson (Fremington FC). An email will be sent to organise a meeting of this committee with Jason Haywood RDO Devon FA.

League Clothing:-  6 emails were sent to local suppliers with 3quotes being sent to the LS. There were handed to the LMC to decide on a supplier. It was agreed to go with MJM Sports.

League Match Balls:- Brett Huxtable asked if the League would consider giving something back to the clubs in the form of match balls. A discussion took place and it was agreed for the LS to contact MJM Sports for a proposal on a sponsored match ball agreement for the member clubs.

Pivot Trophy:- The Pivot Trophy is confirmed for Wednesday 26th March at Torrington FC 7.30k/o. It will be Barnstaple FC v a Kingsley League select 11. Both teams have been advised to bring 2 match ball, the use of all 5 subs is allowed and should there be a draw at full time, it will go straight to a penalty shoot out. As per the cup finals, we will charge £3 on the gate for admission with all proceeds going to the Cancer unit at NDDH. Fred Saunders has been advised to organise the officials for this game.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- This years memorial shield will be hosted by the venue that hosts the Brayford Cup final and to be played on Friday 1st August. This was agreed by the LMC

League & Cup Finals Medals:- LS requested permission to organise the purchase of the Medals from Trophyman. The Committee was happy for him to purchase Medals for the League Runner ups and Winners and Trophies for the Cup Finals as per last season.

Devon County Cups:- Following the Intermediate Cup Area Final Hartland have progressed to the County Semi Final, they will host Watts Blake Bearne Reserves. Park Utd will host Exwick Villa Reserves in the Senior Cup Semi Final with both games on Saturday 8th March. The Committee wished them luck in this semi-final ties.

Charter Standard:- We are currently at 35% of clubs having the award with applications to be processed. Well done to those clubs that have submitted so far. Whole Game System introduction training sessions will be held in the future any club that has not completed their CS application by then will be required to do it then.

Devon FA Elections:- Papers have been published regarding the election of Devon FA councillors. Anyone wishing to put themselves forward should contact Rob Bates or Paul Morrison for details or see page 128 of the County Handbook. Applications have to be in by 30/04/2014

Back to the top

April 2014

Present:- D. Parish (Chair), M. Tattersall, R. Bates, M. Jenkin, T. Alcock, M Saunders, J. Fry, K. Greenleaf, B. Smale, P. Sercombe,
Apologies: - A. Webster, B. Huxtable, B. Fishleigh
Absent:- Alan Evans
Minutes of the meeting held March 7th 2013 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Mrs. Edith Cook & Mr. John “Pops” Palfreyman:- The meeting started with a standing silence lead by the chairman in honour of Mrs Edith Cook and Mr John Palfreyman. The LS advised the LMC with sadness the passing of Mrs Edith Cook on Sunday 16th March and Mr. John “Pops” Palfreyman on Sunday 23rd March. Condolences were sent on behalf of the league. We published the sad news via email, website and social media and again to advise about funeral arrangements. LS proposed a donation from the League be sent in memory of these 2 long standing servants to the league. It was agreed to donate £50 per person.

League Cup Finals:- The finals have now been confirmed as follows.
ND Journal Cup Final, North Molton Thirds v Haxton Rangers at Ilfracombe Town FC – 19th April 7.30ko. Referee Tony Butler, Assistants Neil Paddon & Alfie Gomez.
Arlington Cup Final, Woolacombe & Mortehoe v Hartland at Torrington FC – 26th April 7.30ko, Referee Richard Walter, Assistants Dave Williams & Scott Hill
Combe Martin Cup Final. Braunton Res v Barnstaple FC at Combe Martin FC – 3rd May 6.30ko. Referee Nigel Cockwill, Assistants Brian Alford & Rob Hunt.
Brayford Cup Final, Bideford Res v Braunton at Appledore FC – 10th May 6.30ko. Referee Keith Greenleaf, Assistants Tony Cloak & Ben Chance
These finals were ratified by the LMC
LMC was requested to let the LS know what finals they would be attending ASAP.

Correspondence Received

Torrington v Shebbear:- Email was received from Torrington advising the League that their game will now be played on Wednesday 7th May at Torrington, 7.30ko. LMC to attend this game as per previous minutes.

Barnstaple Town FC:- LS Emailed the new chairperson asking if the request for a Reserve team was still an option, the new chairperson Jasmine Chesters responded and said she would inquire. This was on the 14/03/14 and no response has been received as yet.

Sporting Barum:- Email received from Sporting Barum advising the league with there possible intentions of folding at the end of this season.

New Clubs/Teams:- Email received from Landkey Town requesting a reserve team to be entered next season. Bideford Youth have requested a Bideford AFC Academy team be entered next season. Barnstaple Town Reserves are also still a possibility. We currently have 2 slots available although with the possibility of Bideford Res & Sporting Barum folding and 1 team gaining promotion to the SWPL we may have up to 5 slots available.

Park Utd:- Email received from Park Utd requesting if the registration of Shaun Downing is valid after his contract with Bideford expires on the 3rd May. We advised Park Utd that as he has signed a contract his current registration would be void in accordance to rule 8. Devon FA also confirmed that his contract means his registration is now void and will not be able to play in this league this season unless he registered to Bideford Res. This information has been passed to Park Utd.

Hartland:- An email was read out from Hartland requesting if it was possible for the Arlington Cup Final to be rescheduled due to the club having a county cup final 2 days earlier. This was also requested by Woolacombe & Mortehoe as they had a wedding planned but that was refused. A discussion took place and the LMC voted to refuse this request and the date will stand.

Hartland Secretary:- LS was advised that Dave Langford will be filling in as Hartland Secretary for a couple of weeks until a meeting is made to decide who will take over. LS advised Dave Langford that any new secretary would have to have a meeting with him but as this was a temporary measure this did not have to happen unless it becomes permanent.

Registration Business
Registrations - 2022
Transfers – 109
Registrations and transfers are now closed for this season

Fixture Business
No Fixture issues to report

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £25,193.81
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,233.00
                                          ­_________
Total Balance                     £29,426.81
                                            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Ashwater - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Sam Stockdale - Rule 8 (O) – accepted with mitigation
Ashwater - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Ashwater - Failure to notify opposition team - unable to fulfil fixture - Rule 10F (iii) - Accepted
Ashwater - Failure to notify match official - unable to fulfil fixture - Rule 10F (iii) - Accepted
Shamwickshire Res- Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Accepted
Hartland - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D - Accepted
Hartland - Failure to pay Referee - Rule 13(E) - Accepted
South Molton - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Joseph Fields - Rule 8 (O) – Accepted
South Molton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Accepted
Hartland Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Stewart Stock - Rule 8 (O) – Accepted
Putford Res - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 – Accepted
Lynton & Lynmouth - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Jamie Vickery - Rule 8 (O) – Awaiting response

Ashwater Mitigation - I wish to apologise for my mistake as I sent two photos of player registration forms on the morning before the game and only one actually sent thus meaning one was illegible

Registration Fines:-
£10 - Ashwater - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Sam Stockdale - Rule 8 (O) (Paid)
£10 - Hartland Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Stewart Stock - Rule 8 (O) (Paid)
£10 - South Molton Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Joseph Fields - Rule 8 (O) (Paid)
£10 - Lynton & Lynmouth - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Jamie Vickery - Rule 8 (O)
£5 - Ilfracombe Res - Late Team Sheet v Bideford Res - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 - Ilfracombe Thirds - Late Team Sheet v Braunton Thirds - Rule 11 (Paid)
£5 - Barnstaple FC Res - Late Team Sheet v Hartland - Rule 11
£10 - Joseph Fields - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1 (Paid)
£10 - Byrone Montague - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1
£10 - Putford Res - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 (Paid)

Fixture Fines:-
£10 - Shamwickshire Res - Incorrect Result - Rule 11 (Paid)
£10 -  Merton Res - Late Result - Rule 11 (Paid)

League Fines:-
£25 - Ashwater - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 (Paid)
£25 - Shamwickshire Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 (Paid)
£25 - South Molton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 (Paid)
£30 - Nathan Broome - Fine Trebled - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1 (Paid)
£5 - Ashwater - Failure to notify opposition team - unable to fulfil fixture - Rule 10F (iii) (Paid)
£5 - Ashwater - Failure to notify match official - unable to fulfil fixture - Rule 10F (iii) (Paid)
£5 - Hartland - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D (Paid)
£5 - Hartland - Failure to pay Referee - Rule 13(E) (Paid)

Other Business

SWPL Promotions:- Following the application of Braunton and Torrington to the SWPL, LS spoke to Phil Hiscox SWPL Secretary requesting information on their promotion procedure. Only 1 team from each feeder league would gain promotion at any one time, should the grounds pass the grading the highest placed would take precedent in that league. Promotion will be offered should you finish in the top 2. Champions of the league would be given precedent over 2nd place in any other feeder league that applies. Currently they have 2 available slots with 3 feeder leagues applying. Mr Hiscox advised that it would be either 1 team or no teams would gain promotion.

Referee Assessments:- LS has organised the 1st meeting at Barnstaple Library on Thursday 10th April where the committee will meet with Jason Haywood to plan the way forward. LS asked the LMC if they would be happy to pay for the meeting room for all the committee meetings.

League Clothing:-  Sizes will hopefully be sent to MJM Sports over the weekend, LS requested that if you have not supplied your sizes please do so ASAP.

League Match Balls:- A discussion took place with sample balls being shown. The LMC agreed that they would be happy to supply 3 Mitre FIFA quality match balls per team that has entered into next season at the AGM. The ball will be tested by the LS over the next few weeks. LS to advise MJM Sports of their agreement and should they wish to put a ball deal together for the clubs that is fine but the league will not get involved with the selling of footballs.

Pivot Trophy:- The Pivot Trophy was played on Wednesday 26th March at Torrington FC with Barnstaple FC coming out as 5-0 winners. All gates receipts and team donations were counted and a sum of £180 was raised. Cheque was given to Rob Bates to present to the Cancer Unit at NDDH. The League would like to thank the Officials for giving up their evening free of charge and the Host club Torrington for being very good hosts which was well received by all. The Kingsley league requested a meeting to discuss the future of the Pivot trophy as they want to discuss how the NDFL selects a team to play as they feel the season before winners of Inter 1 are almost through their 1st season as a senior team and the Kingsley league are an Intermediate league. LS advised he would be happy to come to a meeting to discuss when arranged.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- This year’s memorial shield will be hosted at Appledore FC and to be played on Friday 1st August. LS advised that the same Match Officials will be invited to Referee this match. This was ratified

League & Cup Finals Medals:-  League medals and League Cup Final trophies was agreed to be purchased from Trophyman Barnstaple. Total cost of £1,903.68 which included a 10% discount, free man of the match tankards except NDJ Cup (supplied by NDJ) and free Referees and Assistant Referees medals. The LMC thanked Trophyman for the service he provides the league and his advert will remain on the website as official supplier for medals and trophies.

Devon County Cups:- Unfortunately Park Utd lost their semi final tie in the Senior cup 2-6. Hartland FC won their Intermediate Cup semi final 4-3 and have progressed to the Final on Thursday 24th April at Devon FA HQ in Newton Abbott. LMC wish Hartland the best of luck in this final.

Charter Standard:- The league would like to congratulate Pilton Academicals on being awarded Charter Standard status this week.

Rule Changes:- Clubs are advised that any rule amendments, additions etc are to be submitted to the League Secretary by 1st May.

Devon County Veterans Cup:- The league would like to congratulate Barnstaple Town Veterans who beat Hatherleigh Town Veterans. The team contained at least 6 players who are registered in the North Devon Gazette Football League, many of whom went on to play for their clubs the next day.

Hillsborough 25th anniversary:- It was requested as the League is part of the national football family that we followed suit in honouring the Hillsborough disaster on Saturday 12th April. All kick offs will be delayed until 3.07pm with a minute silence being observed before kick off commences. This will be distributed to all clubs and officials.

Sending Off Appeals:- It has been confirmed from Devon FA that as of next season all Red Card sending offs can be appealed but only in writing. More details will be issued by Devon FA.

Cup Final Referees expenses:- The question was asked by Pete Sercombe as to why the Referees do not get expenses for cup finals. LS advised that the rules state that cup final Referees and assistant referees will receive an award in lieu of fees and travel expenses. He has never had a single report of a Referee being unhappy about this either.

Back to the top

May 2014

Present:- Alan Evans (Chair), M. Tattersall, B. Smale, A. Webster, T. Alcock, M Saunders, K. Greenleaf, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh, B. Huxtable,
Apologies: - R. Bates, D. Parish, M. Jenkin,
Absent:- J. Fry, 
Minutes of the meeting held April 4th 2013 were approved and signed.
Matters Arising

NDFL AGM:- LS advised the LMC that he has booked Robins Nest, Bideford for the League AGM on Wednesday 25th June 7pm start. He emailed Nick Beaumont who confirmed he was happy to the do the accounts again and the AGM timescale is no problem.

Brayford Cup Damage:- LS received the Brayford cup from Torridgeside via Brett Huxtable via Keith Greenleaf and it was damaged. The plinth was no longer attached to the cup. LS has taken the cup to Trophyman and he has advised that he will do a temporary fix to get us through the Brayford cup final, it will then need sending away to Birmingham to have it Silver welded so the plinth can be screwed back on. LS has advised Torridgeside that they will have to reimburse the league for the repair once complete. Torridgeside secretary asked if the league would contribute to the repair they have a few pound in the bank. Why not spend some of it...it is a football issue. LMC refused to contribute to the repair as the club signs a trophy agreement that’s states if lost or damaged the club will refund the league the cost of replacement or repair.

League Cup Finals:-
ND Journal Cup Final, Won by Haxton Rangers 1-0, Gate money raised £325. A note of thanks to the league for allowing Ilfracombe Town to host this final and a very successful evening it was too from Tony Alcock.
Arlington Cup Final, Won by Hartland 3-0, Gate money raised £465. A note of thanks to the league for allowing Torrington to host this final, shame about the weather but a very enjoyable and successful evening it was from Steve Bartlett.
Combe Martin Cup Final. Braunton Res v Barnstaple FC at Combe Martin FC – 3rd May 6.30ko. Referee Nigel Cockwill, Assistants Brian Alford & Tony Cloak
Brayford Cup Final, Bideford Res v Braunton at TBC – 10th May 6.30ko. Referee Keith Greenleaf, Assistants Tony Cloak & Ben Chance. LS note:- after a discussion it was agreed to offer the final to Torridgeside FC

Referee Assessment Committee:- LS advised about a very constructive 1st meeting of the committee and thanked all that attended. LS briefed the LMC on various points that were brought from the meeting and the LMC ratified the following:- to appoint a League Referee Officer on a initial trial for 1 season, to have any rules amended with reference to this post, to request all referees apply to referee in this league, for all referees to close any dates they are not available for the following month, to invite level 5 referees and any level 6 looking for promotion to level 5 a chance to do a fitness test which will go partly towards offering a referee premier division referee status, increase referee fee’s for premier referees to £28.

SGM:- A SGM has been called for the 12th May at Park Community School 7pm start. It’s in the Schools Canteen Hall and all clubs have been issued with the agenda.

Correspondence Received

New Clubs/Teams Update:- Request from Hemmens FC to transfer from the Kingsley League and Clovelly wishing to enter a reserve team. Landkey Town and Clovelly as a current member club with only have to fill in the entry form for an additional team, Bideford AFC Academy, and Hemmens have sent it a valid membership form and £25 membership fee. A meeting will arranged before the AGM for all the clubs to speak with League Officers to make sure they have the correct requirements for entering the league. We currently have 2 slots available although with the possibility of Bideford Res & Sporting Barum folding and 1 team gaining promotion to the SWPL, we may have up to 5 slots available. LS Note:- Bideford Res have confirmed they are not folding and an email was received from Week St Mary requesting application to the league.

Premier Division Standards:- LS emailed all clubs that were looking for promotions to the premier division regarding the premier standards. An email was received from the Braunton Secretary sharing his observations that he could count on one hand the amount of clubs that have heating in their changing rooms.

Barnstaple FC:- An email was read out from Barnstaple regarding their £100 fine. LS replied to the email to advise that they accepted the charge with no mitigation. The club signed the trophy agreement and the LS also sent out a reminder to all clubs with trophies. Unfortunately this is not for discussion but the LS said he would make the LMC aware.

North Molton:- An email was read out to the LMC on how the North Molton secretary was disgusted to be charge with failing to rearrange a postponed game within 14 days. LS then advised the LMC on his response to the email. The LMC agreed that the LS acted within the league rules and was correct to charge the club, LS also advised that all clubs were advised that if you are not getting a reply from a club or you can’t agree a date then to email Alan Webster on the 14th day and he will arrange the match and no charge will be issued.

Dai Carpenter – Devon FA:- Emailed received from Dai Carpenter advising that Devon FA are assigning members of the Development Staff to leagues and he is now our Support Officer. He has requested a 20 minute slot at the AGM to address the League and clubs. Dai is also at the SGM on the 12th May, so he may cancel the AGM slot if he has had chance to speak to enough clubs.

Pilton Academicals – Defibrillator:- Email received from Pilton asking if the league would offer them & Boca Seniors a grant to help towards the cost of a Defibrillator. Pilton & Boca in partnership with Tarka Tennis have ran a pub quiz to start their fundraising. An email from Pilton was read to the LMC. LMC discussed the situation regarding clubs requesting grants and that it could open the flood gates for every club to request a grant, this would not be the best way to use the league funds, However the LMC agreed as this was in the early stages, they should reapply to the league when they are nearer their target and a more formal agreement is in place reference Tarka Tennis.

Registration Business
Registrations - 2022
Transfers – 109
Registrations and transfers are now closed for this season

Fixture Business

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,551.13
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,233.00
                                                ­_________
Total Balance                     £28,784.13
                                                ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Georgeham & Croyde- Failure to notify fixture secretary - unable to fulfil fixture - Rule 10F (iii) - Accepted
Combe Martin - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D - Accepted
Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D - Accepted
Appledore Academy - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
Appledore Academy - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
Woolsery Res - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
Equalizers - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
Barnstaple FC Res - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
Clovelly - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
North Molton Res - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
Chittlehampton - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted
Dolton - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3 – Accepted with Mitigation
Barnstaple FC – Failure to return Trophy – Rule ND18.1 – Accepted
Barnstaple FC – Failure to return Trophy – Rule ND18.1 – Accepted
Chittlehampton Res – Playing a strengthen team – Rule 8C – Accepted
Braunton Thirds – Playing a strengthen team – Rule 8C – Accepted
Lynton & Lynmouth Res – Playing a strengthen team – Rule 8C – Accepted
Dolton – Team Sheet Clerical Error – Rule ND10.4 – Accepted
Torrington Res- Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Northam Lions - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Georgeham & Croyde Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Chittlehampton Res- Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted

Dolton Mitigation – Letter read in full. In brief, Dolton tried to rearrange this fixture 3 times with Georgeham who would not agree on dates offered. This is no fault of Dolton.

Registration Fines:-
£5.00 - Combe Martin - Failure to mark down Goal scorers - Rule 11    
£5.00 - Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res - Late Team Sheet v Anchor Chiefs Res - Rule 11 
£5.00 - Torrington - Late Team Sheet v Appledore- Rule 11     
£5.00 - Clovelly - Late Team Sheet v Barnstaple AAC Res - Rule 11     
£5.00 - Sporting Barum - Late Team Sheet v Hartland - Rule 11            
£5.00 - Fremington Res - Late Team Sheet v Putford Res - Rule 11        
£5.00 - Woolsery - Late Team Sheet v Torridgeside Res - Rule 11           
£5.00 - Ashwater - Late Team Sheet v Woolsery- Rule 11        
£25.00 - Braunton Thirds - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Game Awarded to opposing team & Goals Wiped
£25.00 - Chittlehampton Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Game Awarded to opposing team & Goals Wiped
£25.00 - Lynton and Lynmouth Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Game Awarded to opposing team & Goals Wiped
£10.00 - Dolton    Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4
               
Fixture Fines:-
£5.00 - Georgeham & Croyde Res - Failure to notify Fixture Secretary - unable to fulfil fixture - Rule 10F (iii)             
£10.00 - Appledore Academy - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3  
£10.00 - Appledore Academy - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3  
£10.00 - Barnstaple FC Res - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3      
£10.00 - Chittlehampton - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3           
£10.00 - Clovelly - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3         
£10.00 - Dolton - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3           
£10.00 - Equalizers - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3     
£10.00 - North Molton Res - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3       
£10.00 - Woolsery Res - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3               
£10.00 - Chittlehampton Res - Late Result - Rule 11 
£10.00 - Morwenstow - Late Result - Rule 11              
£50.00 - Chittlehampton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Georgeham & Croyde Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Northam Lions - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted

League Fines:-
£5.00 - Combe Martin - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D
£5.00 - Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D
£50.00 - Barnstaple FC - Failure to return Trophy - Rule ND18.1
£50.00 - Barnstaple FC - Failure to return Trophy - Rule ND18.1
£30.00 - Ashwater - Fine Trebled - Late Result - Rule 11
£30.00 - Shebbear - Fine Trebled - Late Result - Rule 11
£30.00 - Ashwater - Fine Trebled - No Result - Rule 11
£30.00 - Shebbear - Fine Trebled - No Result - Rule 11
£30.00 - Byrone Montague - Fine Trebled - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1 - Player Suspended

Other Business

Referee Appointments:- LS has inputted all the information for all currently active Referees in the League (47) into the Full Time website and has been to Fred Saunders house to train him on how to use this system. This system has many benefits for the clubs and the Referees as they are all informed of any chances via email. Anyone can see which Referee a team has on the website. All secretaries’ emails were also put on the site too. As the new Whole Game System will be integrating with Full Time, this will keep us ahead and cause less impact on club secretaries in the future. LS proposed that the full time site to be used as the sole method for doing Referee Appointments as this will keep everything in one place and reduce the workload. LMC agreed with the LS proposal.

Donations- LS advised that the donation of £50 for Mrs Cook was split in half and was sent to the Hartland & Welcome Cancer Research UK and NDDH Intensive Care Unit. The £50 donation for Mr Palfreyman was also split in half going to the North Molton Sports Clun and the British Heart Foundation.

League Clothing:- LS shown the LMC a tie he picked up from MJM Sports. The Clothing is currently being processed but we are still missing 3 peoples sizes.

League Match Balls:- LS advised the LMC that he has tested the match ball and it seems to be perfectly fine, the air retention is good and he had not gone out of his way to look after it, just throw in the back of his car after each game. Spoke to MJM Sports who have been offered another ball from Mitre which is the small quality but not available on the Internet. LMC agreed to stick to the ball we have currently tested. LS advised MJM Sports he would confirm the number of balls required as soon as the Entry forms are complete, MJM Sports will be supplying a pack offering member clubs various deals available to them.

League Entry Forms:- Entry forms have been emailed to all member clubs and the 2 new clubs wishing to enter the league.

Devon County Cups:- LS and Dave Parish attended Devon FA HQ in Newton Abbott to support Hartland FC in the Intermediate County Cup Final. Unfortunately Hartland lost 5-4 on a penalty shootout after the score being 2-2 at full time and extra time. LS also pointed out that Hartland did a great job and the Hartland fans (over 100) made a great atmosphere and should be applauded.

Moreton Park:- Bideford AFC Academy have requested approval from the league to have Moreton Park Bideford approved as a league venue. Last season a subcommittee inspected the venue but declined it due to the lack of Referee facilities, everything else was fine. This is now being addressed, LS shows LMC a plan of the building and were the Referee room will be located. BAFC Academy will make arrangements for the shower to be fitted as well as additional benching if approved by the LMC. LMC were happy with this venue and require notification from the club that work is being carried out with an expected finish date.

Back to the top

June 2014

Present:- Alan Evans (Chair), D. Parish, M. Tattersall, B. Smale, R. Bates, A. Webster, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, B. Huxtable,    J. Fry, 
Apologies: - M Saunders, M. Jenkin,
Absent:- B. Fishleigh, P. Sercombe,   
Minutes of the meeting held May 2nd 2014 were approved and signed.

Matters Arising

Brayford Cup Damage:- Trophyman had advised the LS that he has done a fix on the Brayford Cup which should hold for a long time, this was done free of charge. LMC was happy with that and to leave it as it is.

League Cup Finals:- The last 2 cup finals have now been played
Combe Martin Cup Final was won by Barnstaple FC 3-0, the gate raised £115
Brayford Cup Final was won by Braunton 3-2, the gate raised £295, and LS would like it noting that Torridgeside FC did a great job hosting this final at such short notice. The pitch and hospitality was fantastic.

Referee Assessment Committee:- It was proposed that all level 5 Referees would have to complete a fitness assessment to Referee in the Premier Division. 2 options were proposed, 1st was from Tony Cloak, that Referees should complete 1200m in 6 minutes, The other proposal was from Jason Haywood, that Referees would have to complete the Cooper test which consists of a 12 minute run being rated at various distances based on age. (example graph shown to LMC), any Referee that completes it with a rating of Average to Very Good will be offered the Premier Division Status, All Referees that complete the cooper test will be looked at on a case by case basis if there is still status slots available. LS advised that Mr Cloaks proposal gives no scientific answers where the Cooper test is scientifically tested. The Sub Committee were asked which proposal they preferred but no response was given, so the LS will ask the LMC to decide.
Jason Haywood will be asked to oversee the assessment. A discussion was had and it was voted to use the Cooper test. Votes were 5 yes, 3 no and 2 abstained.

League Referee Officer:- LS has advised he will be asking the local papers to publicise the League request for a LRO, a sample advert was read out to all the LMC. The LMC agreed to go ahead with this.

New Teams Update:- Due to contacting the LS after the entry date, the LS has refused to accept the entries from Hemmens FC and Week St. Mary. Both clubs were advised via email the closing date and was sent the entry at the same time as all the member clubs. Therefore we now only have Bideford Academy (linked to Bideford Res), Landkey Res and Clovelly Res. All 3 teams were interviewed by the League Officers before the LMC meeting.

League Constitution:- LS has requested that the LMC look at the current procedure the constitution is currently formed, he feels in essence the method works but in some cases it could effect a club. The LS would like to LMC to agree an addition line to the current constitution which will allow him to look at the playing records. This has been checked with Devon FA and the rules act as guidance and the league can do the procedure as they see fit for the benefit of football. An email was read out from Georgeham & Croyde as they do not want to be saved from Relegation as per the normal procedure. The new line was agreed to be put in place to allow the LS to look at playing records before putting the constitution together.

Premier Division Standards:- LS asked the LMC if they wish to inspect the following teams for Premier Division Standards. Park Utd & Barnstaple FC. Alan Evans and Bill Smale will inspect Barnstaple FC and Mick Tattersall and Dave Parish will inspect Park Utd.

Correspondence Received

Richard Pallot – Devon FA:- Emailed received from Richard Pallot requesting a 20 minute slot at the AGM to address the League and clubs regarding discipline issues. This will be placed after Dai Carpenter on the AGM agenda.

Rules Revision:- Email received from Paul Morrison confirming that all our rule additions and amendments are ok and can be taken to the League AGM for voting.

FA Cup Final Tickets:- This year the league got allocated 3 x Arsenal, 2 x Arsenal and 2 x Hull tickets. LS drew the numbers out of the hat for the remaining teams on his rota. Teams are offered the tickets, if they accept or decline they are removed from the rota and will not be re-added until every team has been involved in a draw. If a ticket is declined it is redrawn, after the 4th team has declined the tickets, they are sent back to Devon FA, this is because of the small amount of time the LS gets to organise these tickets. 3 x Arsenal went to Braunton, 2 x Arsenal went to Pilton and unfortunately after 4 attempts the Hull tickets were sent back to Devon FA.

SGM – Devon FA Roadshow:- The League was thanked by Devon FA CEO Paul Morrison and Chairman Bernard Leach for the organisation of the road and its success. This was the 3rd out of 4 they done and was the best attended. Thanks to all the clubs and LMC that attended. The feedback from the club was very positive as they enjoyed the evening.

Braunton FC:- Email received from Braunton FC secretary informing the league that the club has withdrawn its application to the SWPL and will be entering 4 teams in the NDFL.

NDRA:- An email was received from the North Devon Referees Association confirming the changes after their AGM. Andy Walters has stepped down as Chairman and is to be replaced by Brett Huxtable, Brett has stepped down as secretary and is to be replaced by Rob Chatfield. The NDRA also voted Ian Johns as the new NDRA rep for the NDFL and will be invited to join our meetings after the AGM. The League would like it noting of its thanks to Peter Sercombe who has done that role for many years.

Registration Business
Registrations - 2022
Transfers – 109
Registrations and transfers are now closed for this season

Fixture Business None

Treasurers Report

League Fund                      £25,541.47
Benevolent Fund                £  4,233.00
                                          ­_________
Total Balance                     £29,774.47
                                            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
League accounts were closed on the 31st May and submitted to Nick Beaumont at Stevens and Willey Accountants for checking.

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Clovelly - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 – Accepted
Ashwater - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 - Accepted
Ashwater - Failure to deal with League Business - Missing Team Sheet information ND5.1
- Rule ND13.5 - Accepted
Ashwater - Failure to deal with League Business - Missing Team Sheet information ND5.1
- Rule ND13.5 - Accepted
Torrington Res – Playing a strengthen team – Rule 8C – Accepted
Torridgeside Res – Team Sheet Clerical Error – Rule ND10.4 – Accepted
Chittlehampton Res- Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Torridgeside - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Chittlehampton Res- Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Accepted
Ashwater - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Accepted
South Molton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Accepted
Ashwater - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Georgeham & Croyde - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted

Registration Fines:-
£10.00 - Clovelly - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5        
£10.00 - Ashwater - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5                      
£5.00 – Georgeham & Croyde - Late Team Sheet v Shebbear - Rule 11
£5.00 - Sporting Barum - Late Team Sheet v Clovelly - Rule 11              
£5.00 - Sporting Barum - Late Team Sheet v Torrington Res - Rule 11  
£5.00 – Putford Res - Late Team Sheet v Merton Res - Rule 11              
£5.00 – Anchor Chiefs- Late Team Sheet v Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Rule 11
£25.00 – Torrington Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Game Awarded to opposing team & Goals Wiped
£10.00 – Torridgeside Res - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4
               
Fixture Fines:-
£10.00 - Ashwater - No Result - Rule 11
£10.00 - Ashwater - No Result - Rule 11        
£50.00 - Chittlehampton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Chittlehampton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 – Georgeham & Croyde - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Ashwater - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Ashwater- Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 – South Molton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Torridgeside - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted

League Fines:-
£25.00 - Ashwater - Failure to attend SGM - Rule 19
£25.00 - Fremington - Failure to attend SGM - Rule 19
£25.00 - Woolsery - Failure to attend SGM - Rule 19
£25.00 - Appledore - Failure to attend SGM - Rule 19
£10.00 - Ashwater - Failure to deal with League Business - Missing Team Sheet information ND5.1
£10.00 - Ashwater - Failure to deal with League Business - Missing Team Sheet information ND5.1
£30.00 - Clovelly - Fine Trebled - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3
£30.00 - Appledore - Fine Trebled - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3
£30.00 - Appledore- Fine Trebled - Failure to rearrange fixture as per Rule ND10.3

Other Business

League Entry Forms:- All entry forms have been approved, currently with 60 teams as per last season this includes the withdrawal of Ashwater and Chittlehampton Res, as both withdrawn without notice they are in breach of Rule 14a. Should the new teams be elected into the League we will have 63 Teams. The LMC agreed to fine both clubs £50 for withdrawing without notice given,

Retiring Secretaries:- The following club secretaries are retiring, Ian Johns Bideford Res being replaced by Rik Williams, Kevin Hussell Chittlehampton being replaced by Sam Gratton, Lesley Pow Fremington being replaced by Shaun Herbert, Nicola Muggleston Sporting Barum being replaced by Russell Deacon and Nigel Cockwill Torridgeside being replaced by Ian Cockwill. With the passing of Edith Cook at Hartland, they have advised the League that Michael Slee with be the new secretary. The League would like to wish all the retiring secretaries the very best and thank them for their service. All new secretaries will have a new secretaries meeting with the LS after the AGM. Sec Note:- LS just been informed that Pete Lewis from Haxton Rangers is stepping down to be replaced by Ian Humphries

Thatcher’s & Devon FA Referee Awards:- The league was advised it had been nominated for the outstanding contribution to refereeing by a league award, the other 2 nominations were D&E Sunday League and the South Devon League. There was also other categories that had nominees from North Devon. These were outstanding contribution to refereeing with 5 nominations including Michael Kearney, Young referee award with 11 nominations including Ben Chance and Kieran Jerrett, The league wishes the North Devon nominees the best of luck. Sec Note:- The league has won the category for outstanding contribution to refereeing by a league, the league has requested that Tony Cloak to accept on our behalf as it clashes with our league AGM

League Trophies:- LS spoken with North Devon Museum regarding the possibility of displaying the League Trophies throughout the year should the league replace the trophies with replicas. N D Museum was unfortunately not in a position to help but advised we spoke with the Town Council in the Guildhall or even storage at our bank. This will be investigated further by the LS.

Luke Arkless:- In view of the misconduct punishment and overall bad disciplinary record of the player the committee discussed and voted unanimously to suspend Luke Arkless's registration for 3 years under rule 8H of the Standard Code, (06/06/2014 to 05/06/2017). Following the lifting of the suspension it was also decreed that prior to his registration being accepted he would be required to appear before the committee for assessment.
It was also decreed that his goals scored would be withdrawn from the Golden Goal competition and he would be disqualified. Sec Note:- This has been authorised by Devon FA and the Player has been notified via his club secretary.

Back to the top

AGM 2014

Mr D. Parish in the Chair.
Present:- Officers, Members of the Management Committee and Member Clubs.

Matters Arising
None

Presentations
The 'Harold Bartlett Trophy' was present to Mr K. Greenleaf, the referee who had achieved the highest marks during the past season.  The trophy for 'Club Secretary of the Year' for 2014 was presented to Mr P. Hayes, the Secretary of the Shamwickshire Rovers.

Chairman’s Report
The Chairman reviewed the season. He expressed thanks to the League Officers and the Management Committee. Thanks to the North Devon Gazette, ND Journal and MJM Sports for their sponsorship. Thanks to the all the referee’s for another great season. He congratulated and reviewed all the divisional winners especially Boca Seniors for their unbeaten run. Congratulations to league cup winners too. Congratulations to Hartland for getting to the Intermediate cup final. The Chairman made reference to an exceptional season with exceptionally poor weather and every division almost taking it to the wire. Said news this season was the loss of 2 longstanding stalwarts of the league with the passing of Mrs Edith Cook and Mr John Palfreyman.  Special mention for Morwenstow Reserves showing great commitment to the game even when the results never went their way, Finally he thanked the dedication of the all club secretaries who’s hard work keeps the league moving along.

Secretary’s Report
The secretary thanked the club secretaries and offered his best wishes to the retiring secretaries. League Secretary then addressed the members clubs that the amount of fines have risen by £950 on the previous season and trebled fines had also risen. The vast part of the increase was the amount of clubs failing to fulfil a fixture. Although he understood a high percentage of fines may not be the fault of the club secretary, he pointed out that it was their responsibility to make sure anyone that is passed any responsibilities are fully aware of what is required of them. Main fines issued are for, Late Team Sheet, Not rearranging fixtures & unable to fulfil a fixture. The LS also gave a special mention to Morwenstow Reserves for their dedication to football. LS wished all clubs the best of luck in the 2014/15 season.

Balance Sheet and Statement of Accounts
These documents, prepared by Mr M Tattersall, and certified by Stevens & Willey Chartered Accountants, were circulated at the meeting and approved.

Election of Clubs
A vote was taken and the following were elected to membership of the League. Bideford Academy, Landkey Res and Clovelly Res.

Constitution of the League
For season 2014-2015 as drawn up by the Management Committee was presented to the meeting in accordance with League rules.
PREMIER Appledore Reserves. Barnstaple AAC, Barnstaple FC, Bideford Reserves, Boca Seniors, Bradworthy, Braunton, Dolton, Ilfracombe Town Reserves, North Molton Sports Club, Park Utd, Shamwickshire Rovers, Shebbear United, Torridgeside, Fremington, Torrington
SENIOR Braunton Reserves, Chittlehampton, Combe Martin, Georgeham & Croyde, Hartland, Landkey Town, Lynton & Lynmouth, Merton, North Molton Sports Club Reserves, Northam Lions, Putford, Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves, South Molton, Torridgeside Res, Woolacombe & Mortehoe, Woolsery,
INTERMEDIATE ONE Anchor Chiefs. Barnstaple AAC Reserves, Barnstaple FC Res, Braunton Thirds, Chivenor, Clovelly, Equalizers, Haxton Rangers, High Bickington, Ilfracombe Town Thirds, Morwenstow Res, North Molton Sports Club Thirds, Northam Lions Reserves, Pilton Academicals, Sporting Barum, Torrington Reserves,
INTERMEDIATE TWO Anchor Chiefs Reserves, Bideford Academy, Braunton Fourths, Clovelly Res, Fremington Reserves, Georgeham & Croyde Reserves, Hartland Reserves, Landkey Town Res, Lynton & Lynmouth Reserves, Putford Reserves, South Molton Reserves, Woolsery Reserves, Appledore Academy, Merton Res, Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res

Elections
All the current officers were declared re-elected unopposed 
On the closure of nominations, the following members of last season’s Management Committee had submitted valid nominations for next season’s Committee and are therefore elected. B Fishleigh, M Saunders, Brett Huxtable, P Sercombe, T. Alcock & K. Greenleaf
Other retiring members of last season’s Committee are eligible for nomination and re-election at the meeting, M Jenkins was re-elected.
Keith Greenleaf remains the Devon FA League Rep and Ian Johns is the new North Devon Referee Association Rep.

Alterations to Rules
The following Rule codes were voted on and carried. Rule ND11.2 – Amended, Rule 9A – Amended, Rule ND 24.6 – Amended, Rule ND 24.1 – Amended, Rule ND24.1.3 – new rule, ND24.9 – Amended, ND13.3 – Amended, ND3.1 – Amended, Referee rules x 5 added, ND2.2 – Amended.
The following rules were rejected. Rule ND24.1.1 – new rule, Rule ND24.1.2 – new rule, Rule ND24.1.4 – new rule, Rule 8C - amendment, Rule 8C – additional part.
Mandatory changes in accordance with the standard code – Rules 10D & 20

Commencement and Conclusion of Playing Season
The season should commence on the penultimate Saturday in August (23rd), and conclude on the second Saturday in May (9th).

Any Other Business
No Other Business

League Ball Presentation
League Match balls were presented to each club at 3 balls per team, this was in conjunction of MJM Sports

The chairman closed the meeting at 8.49pm.

 

Back to the top