North Devon Football League
North Devon Football League North Devon Football League North Devon Football League Winners

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2014/15

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - May - June - AGM

September 2014

Present:- Alan Evans (Chair), M. Tattersall, B. Smale, R. Bates, A. Webster, K. Greenleaf, B. Huxtable, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies: - M. Jenkin, D. Parish,
Absent:- T. Alcock, J. Fry, P. Sercombe,  
Minutes of the meeting held June 6th 2014 were approved and signed.

League Business

Ian Johns NDRA Rep:- LS welcomed Ian Johns to the meeting who joins us as the North Devon Referee Association Representative.

Mark Jenkins:- Mark sends his apologies for this evening but also wishes to inform the LMC that he is stepping down as a committee member with immediate effect. Mark has left the Journal and will be going travelling for a few months. If or when he is back in North Devon he would like to be part of the committee again. Mark thanked the league and all the committee members for the work they carried out with him over the years. LMC wished Mark all the very best in his future endeavours and wish to thank him for his commitment to the league.

League Cup Finals:- The LS would like to propose the following:- Brayford Cup Final played at Torrington Saturday 9th May 2015 7.30pm ko, Combe Martin Cup Final to be played at Combe Martin on Saturday 2nd May 2015 at 6.30pm ko, Arlington Cup Final to be played at Bideford on Saturday 25th April 7.30pm ko, North Devon Journal Cup Final to be played at Ilfracombe on Saturday 18th April 7.30pm ko. LMC approved these dates and venues

Dolton Withdrawal:- Dolton have notified the league that they were withdrawing from the league with immediate effect due to circumstances out of their control. A letter has been drafted by Dolton and read to the LMC. LMC agreed to was a sad day to see a very long standing club have to fold and to to the commitment to the league the LMC agreed to retain any deposit and entry fee supplied with no further fine. LMC also wished Dolton the very best in the future and will hopefully look forward to their return in a couple of seasons time.

New Secretaries Meeting:- After organising 2 separate meetings, all new secretaries have completed the league secretary meeting before the start of the season as per the league rule.

League Referee Officer:- After emailing all the current pool of Referee’s and placing a 2nd advert in the local papers we have finally got 2 candidates who have put in a letter of intent for the new League Referee Officer position, they were Tony Cloak and Chris O’Brien Letters were read to the LMC and a discussion took place. It was voted by a margin of 1 vote to appoint Tony Cloak as the new LRO for the 1 season trial and a meeting will be arrange to allow Tony to explain to a subcommittee (Mick Tattersall, Alan Evans and Alan Webster) on what he has plans for this position going forward and the subcommittee can advise Tony what will be expected from him as a league officer.

NDRA Meeting:- LS advised he was invited to the NDRA meeting to discuss with the Referees the Fitness Assessment, Referee Assessments and the LRO going forward. LS found it very informative but was surprised by the amounts of things that some referees thought where correct but was not, also was shocked to hear how the Referees was not in favour of the fitness assessment yet 27 turned up with only 3 failing. LS hopes that he has a better understanding of the Referees and them in turn understand what the league is wishing to achieve to better local football for everyone.

Adverse Report Spreadsheet:- LS was given a spreadsheet from Devon FA RDO Jason Haywood to pilot with clubs that give adverse scores. Should a score given be challenged by the League/LRO he could send this to a club to use and explain their score. LMC agreed this is something for the LRO to develop going forward.

Referee’s Changing Games:- Information has been passed to the LS regarding the Referee’s or Referee Appointments Officers rules regarding their appointments. If a higher league wish to appoint one of our Referees they need to request permission from the League RAO if the appointment is within 4 days of the game requested. The RAO can advise the higher league that it can’t use that Referee but must appoint another referee if the requested referee would be difficult to replace IE Premier game. If a Referee has been appointed to a game and changes to any other league appointment within 4 days of that appointment he must request the authorisation of the league RAO. Any breach of the above can result in a complaint to the Devon FA RDO were charges may be imposed.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- The memorial shield match was played on Friday 1st August, as the game finished 2-2 they agreed to share the shield. This match raised £249 for the benevolent fund. A concern was raised by sharing the cup but the LS advised that although this is registered as a competition it is only done as a friendly for both club with the main event being to raise more funds to the benevolent fund. It was also agreed that the League make this a permanent fixture at Appledore and thanked Appledore for their great hosting.

Correspondence Received

Bideford Res:- A email was received from Bideford Res asking if the league could help gain a reimbursement from Dolton for the cost of their pitch hire and referee charge.  They felt that Dolton could have gave them the points like they did Shamwickshire on the Saturday and turned out with a full squad, managers and a lineman and did not look like a club about to fold. The full email was read to the LMC. LMC agreed this is nothing to do with them, the LMC accepted the reason for the clubs withdrawal and if Bideford wish to pursue this they need to take this up with the club directly.

Dai Carpenter:- Email was received from Dai Carpenter wishing to speak with the 3 secretaries regarding the full time website and then to speak with the LMC committee. A letter was handed to all the LMC as to what will be discussed. LMC committee meeting will start at 6.30pm on 3rd October. LMC agreed this to happen

Clovelly Kit:-  Email received from Referee Mike Curtis, Northam Lions Secretary and Devon FA RDO regarding the Black and White Striped kit at Clovelly. The Referee requested it to be changed as he felt it clashed with the dark blue of Northam Lions, Lions changed the kit at half time and Clovelly have been charged. It was also mention by the Referee and Devon FA RDO that the kit may have too much black and in breach of FA rules regarding the kit colour. Devon FA RDO has requested the league look into this. A picture supplied by Devon FA was shown to the LMC. LMC agreed that this kit will not be allowed to be used with immediate effect until Clovelly have had it approved by Devon FA.

Clovelly Res:- Email has been received from Clovelly regarding their Reserve side asking for advice and assistance from the league. The club is struggling with player numbers and are looking to sign on a few Hartland 3rd team (Kingsley League) to their club for help. LS has advised the rules regarding the transfers and approaches but if Hartland are happy to transfer over a number of players at once then it’s up to them. Email read to LMC. LMC are happy with the advice given by the LS but also pointed out that any games not fulfilled will be charged. LMC also requested the LS send out a reminder to all clubs regarding dark/black kits

Registration Business
Registrations - 1477
Transfers – 21

Fixture Business None Supplied

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £22,371.26
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,639.50
                                          _________
Total Balance                     £27,010.76
                                               
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Dolton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Northam Lions Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Clovelly - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 - Accepted    
Torrington - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4 - Accepted
North Molton Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Nigel Griffiths- Rule 8 (O) - Accepted
Clovelly - Failing to supply a change of kit colour - Rule 9A - Accepted

Registration Fines:-
£10.00 - Clovelly - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5        
£5.00 – Clovelly Res - Late Team Sheet v Hartland Res- Rule 11           
£10.00 – Torrington - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4
£10.00 – Danny Jenkins - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1
£10.00 – Simon Odell - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1
£10.00 – North Molton Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Nigel Griffiths- Rule 8 (O)

Fixture Fines:-
£25.00 - Dolton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£25.00 – Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£25.00 – Northam Lions Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£25.00 – Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted

League Fines:-
£25.00 – Dolton - Failure to attend AGM - Rule 6H
£25.00 – Sporting Barum - Failure to attend AGM - Rule 6H
£5 – Clovelly - Failing to supply a change of kit colour - Rule 9A

Other Business None

Back to the top

October 2014

Present:- B. Smale (Chair), Alan Evans, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M Saunders, T. Alcock, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies: - K. Greenleaf, D. Parish, B. Fishleigh, J. Fry,
Absent:- P. Sercombe,  
Minutes of the meeting held September 5th 2014 were approved and signed.

League Business

Dai Carpenter:- Chairman welcomes Dai Carpenter to the LMC meeting, Dai then discussed what Devon FA could do for the league and clubs.

Tony Cloak LRO:- Chairman welcomes Tony Cloak to the LMC meeting as the new LRO.

Clovelly Reserves Withdrawal:- Clovelly have notified the league that they were withdrawing their reserve team from the league with immediate effect due to lack of player interest. LMC agreed in light of the various issues the club is currently facing it will fine them only £25.

Clovelly Secretary Resigns:- Clovelly secretary has resigned and Chairman Oliver Keates has stepped in as temporary secretary. LS has given Clovelly a 14 day grace period before they need to make a decision on who is going to be the secretary doing forward as they may need a meeting with him as per league rules. LMC happy to leave this with the LS.

LRO Meeting:- A meeting took place with the new LRO and a LMC subcommittee as agreed. The meeting was very positive, LS felt that Tony Cloak was very enthusiastic and looking forward to getting started. LRO will now have a slot at every LMC meeting and a section in the minutes for his monthly report.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- Appledore FC have confirmed they would be honoured to host the Albert Beer memorial shield annually. This game will be please at the nearest Friday to the 1st August. Next year’s match will be on the 31st July. This date was ratified.

Meeting Times:- LS proposed changing the league meetings to 6pm until 8pm (£14). Over the last few meetings going back to last season some have been rushed or gone over by 10 minutes. The library have advised they will charge for meetings that go over with the additional staff charge (£15). This way we get more time for discussions and if we do need the additional time it will be cheaper than having the additional £15 staffing charge for going past 8pm. It was agreed to start the meeting at 6.30pm

Correspondence Received

Brayford Cup Final:- An email was received from Scot Hill regarding the date for the Brayford Cup Final being the Saturday of the Torrington Carnival. LS emailed Torrington regarding this and they have advised that they can supply directions to Torrington FC bypassing the carnival route. By kick off time the carnival should have past the club and there is also a lot of people watching the carnival and could boost the crowd numbers. LMC agreed to leave this final as agreed and see if it causes any issues for future years.

Landkey Town:- After being charged for playing a player under an assumed name and accepting this charge on the 25/09, an email was received on the 30/09 to protest the fine from the chairman’s email address but signed by both the secretary and chairman. LS replied back advising that this matter is closed after the club accepted the charge and if they wish to protest then they need to contact Devon Fa. LS passed all the information regarding this charge to Devon Fa as this is also a discipline issue too. LMC supported the decision made by the LS.

Torrington FC:- LS emailed Torrington as they have now failed to fulfil a fixture on 3 occasions, Torrington responded explaining that they have had a few manager issues but have now recruited a new manager and assistant who has signed on 6 players, so they are optimistic that all should be fine with the reserve team going forward. They also thanked the League for their patience. LMC accepted the response but warned that any further failures will result in the club appearing before the LMC.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1600
Transfers – 45

Fixture Business Fixtures going well due to good weather. 1st round of the cup complete with 2nd round 15/11/14

LRO Business
LRO started off by thanking everyone for welcoming him on to the committee as the new LRO
He started the role from September 15th and received all referees club marks and noticed 3 referees were dropping behind the average league mark of 80.81
One referee was assessed on September 27th
A new referee would be looked at by a senior referee at a game on October 4th
LRO has organised another fitness assessment to be arranged for October 26th at Braunton running track at 11am, this is available to all qualifying referees wishing to go on the premier panel.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £22,551.26
Benevolent Fund                 £  4,639.50
                                          ­_________
Total Balance                     £27,190.76
                                               
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Accepted
Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Accepted
Landkey Town Res - Playing a player under an assumed name - ND8.3 – Accepted
Chittlehampton - Ineligible Player - Rule ND24.2 (i) – Accepted with Mitigation
Shamwickshire Rovers - Ineligible Player - Rule ND24.2 (i) – Accepted

Registration Fines:-
£5.00 – Clovelly Res - Late Team Sheet v Morwenstow Res - Rule 11   
£5.00 – Bideford Res - Late Team Sheet v Morwenstow Res - Rule 11  
£5.00 – Barnstaple AAC Res - Late Team Sheet v Morwenstow Res - Rule 11    
£100.00 – Landkey Town Res - Playing a player under an assumed name - ND8.3
£20.00 – Chittlehampton - Ineligible Player - Rule ND24.2 (i) – Disqualified from Cup & Game awarded to opposition
£20.00 – Shamwickshire Rovers- Ineligible Player - Rule ND24.2 (i) – Disqualified from Cup & Game awarded to opposition
£10.00 – Fremington Res – No Result

Fixture Fines:-
£25.00 – Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£25.00 – Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£25.00 – Clovelly Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£25.00 – Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted
£25.00 – Torrington Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, Cup Game

League Fines:-
£30 - Clovelly - Fine Trebled - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5
£75 - Clovelly Res - Fine Trebled - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5
£15 - Clovelly Res - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Hartland Res - Rule 11
£15 - Clovelly - Fine Trebled - Failing to supply a change of kit colour - Rule 9A
£30 - Torrington Res - Fine Trebled - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4

Other Business

Debt Recovery:- The Registrations Secretary wanted to thank those clubs that had helped to recover debts, current and from previous seasons, from players. So far 100% of clubs had stopped players playing and a significant amount of money had been recovered for clubs.

Golden Goals/Gloves:- Following the presentation evening at MJM Sports, the Registration Secretary reported on an email received from Mr Terry Schofield of MGM Sports stating that he was happy to continue with his sponsorship of the awards. The Committee expressed their grateful thanks to MGM Sports for their support and on the success of the competition in the two seasons it has been going.

Charter Standard Update:- Prior to the meeting the Registrations Secretary has discussed the current status of the league clubs with Dai Carpenter of Devon FA. It was agreed that they would ascertain those clubs yet to submit their applications and an evening would be organised for those clubs to attend to get their applications completed.

NDRA Rep - LRO:- The NDRA rep advised the LMC that they were disappointed that the new LRO would still be on the Premier Panel as a referee. The subcommittee that met with the LRO could see no reason why he had to step down.

NDRA Rep – Qualified Linemen:- The NDRA requested if the League would look into making all premier division clubs have a qualified lineman for their game. A member from each club could be trained as a lineman. The LMC discussed and and most were not in favour as we have not had any issues with people that currently volunteer to do this and clubs having issues getting people to volunteer and play is hard enough without this extra burden. The LS said he would look in to as requested and also contact the premier clubs for feedback from them.

Back to the top

November 2014

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair), D. Parish, B. Smale, M. Tattersall, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M Saunders, T. Alcock,  K. Greenleaf, B. Fishleigh,
Apologies: - P. Sercombe, R. Bates, J. Fry, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Absent:- None
Minutes of the meeting held October 3rd 2014 were approved and signed.

League Business

Apologies:- LS reminded the LMC that all apologies for missing the meeting need to be sent to him so he knows there is enough members available to conduct league business. Should you be unavailable please let the LS know and not via LMC members on the evening.

Free Referee Course:- LS confirmed that Devon FA in association with the NDGFL, NDYL and Active Devon will be offering a free referee course. LS confirmed that they have 6 slots available for the League to use on this course to add more Referees to the league pool.

Landkey Letter:- A letter was received from Landkey requesting the league to reconsider the trebled fine imposed. Letter was read in full and discussed in depth. LMC agreed that the trebled fined would stand and the league acted with its remit of the rules.

Qualified Referee Assistants:- Following on from last month’s meeting at the request of the NDRA, LS emailed all premier clubs asking for their opinions on the proposed qualified referee assistants. Various feedback was received and read to the LMC. The LMC agreed with the premier clubs that although in principle it was a good idea, there were to many negatives too.

Correspondence Received

Pilton Academicals 5/5 Substitutes:- An email was received from the Pilton secretary requesting if the league would look into whether they could have a rule change to be able to use all five subs instead of the current 3 from 5. LMC discussed this. LMC decided it was not something they wished to pursue and the consensus was against this idea but advised Pilton they may pursue this idea direct with Devon FA.

Barnstaple AAC:- Barnstaple AAC emailed to inform that the current secretary has stepped down with immediate effect, the new secretary is Adam Chugg, Adam has done the secretary job before and has already done the new secretary meeting with the LS.

Torridgeside:- Torridgeside emailed to confirm that their current secretary has stepped down due to travelling to Australia, the new secretary will be Kyle Paine. LS will contact Kyle to arrange a new secretary meeting in due course. LS Note:- This meeting is now complete

Northam Lions:- Email received from the Northam Lions Secretary in reference to the Referees not replying back to texts to confirm they have the text to confirm the game, LS advised he can’t answer this but it would be helpful if they did reply. Also the Referees not sending in the paperwork quick enough to Devon FA so the club has no idea what suspension a player has until they get the paperwork from Devon FA. LS spoke to Devon FA regarding this and it’s on the agenda for the next discipline committee meeting as this was already in hand to be dealt with.

Braunton FC:- Email received and read out to the LMC regarding their views on the current state of Referees in the league. LRO advised the LMC that the marks from this club does not match with the letter being read out and gave the LMC some stats to show things are not getting worse.

Chivenor FC:- A letter of complaint was read to the LMC regarding the state of the grounds around Barnstaple AAC’s pitch. Due to the severity of this complaint the LMC requested this complaint be sent to the local police due to the rough sleeper and drug paraphernalia and to contact the land owner NDDC regarding the mess. The LMC also ordered Barnstaple AAC to put in place a policy for the club should this happen again to make sure swift action is taken or the league would remove this venue from the league.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1704
Transfers – 66

Fixture Business 275 games played (31%)

LRO Business – LRO sent out 2 adverse reports to justify their marks to Torrington and North Molton.
One referee to be assessed at next premier game.
There were 3 adverse reports sent by clubs on referees. LRO showed the committee a report on comparison of last season and this season on cautions , red cards and club charges The question was asked were the referees fitness test working. The answer was very positive

Treasurers Report

League Fund               £23,576.77
Benevolent Fund          £  4,639.50
                                   _________
Total Balance            £28,216.27
                                               
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Braunton Fourths - Fielding an Unregistered Player - Ryan Lark - Rule 8 (O) – Accepted
Torrington Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Mark Avery - Rule 8 (O) - Accepted
Merton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Accepted
Sporting Barum - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D – Awaiting responce

Registration Fines:-
£5.00 – Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Late Team Sheet v Woolsery Res - Rule 11  
£5.00 – Bideford Res - Late Team Sheet v Barnstaple AAC - Rule 11   
£5.00 – Torridgeside - Late Team Sheet v Shebbear - Rule 11 
£10.00 – Braunton Fourths - Fielding an Unregistered Player - Ryan Lark - Rule 8 (O) - Game awarded to opposition
£10.00 – Torrington - Fielding an Unregistered Player – Mark Avery - Rule 8 (O) - Game awarded to opposition
£10.00 – Joseph Norman – Signing for 2 clubs – Rule ND801

Fixture Fines:-
£10.00 – Torrington – Late Result – Rule 11
£25.00 – Merton Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 - Game awarded to opposition, 3 points deducted

League Fines:-
£300 – Landkey Res - Fine Trebled - Playing a player under an assumed name - ND8.3
£15 – Lynton & Lynmouth - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Combe Martin - Rule 11
£15 – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Equalizers -  Rule 11
£5 – Sporting Barum - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D

Other Business

Xmas Flowers:- It was agreed by the LMC that Bill Smale will organise flowers to be sent to Betty Shapland as we normally do each year.

December Management Meeting:- Management Committee agreed that the Meeting arranged for December was not required and agreed that all emergency or urgent decisions regarding the League would be made by the League Secretary and the decision advised to the Committee in January.

Important Business:- LMC granted the LS to deal with any important business on behalf of the LMC until the next meeting in 2015.

Devon FA County Cup Games:- Keith Greenleaf pointed out the large number of member clubs not fulfilling their county cup fixtures. LS said he would speak with Devon FA. LS Note:- Devon FA confirmed that clubs are fined for not fulfilling and can’t do much else but may have to look into it further if it persists.

Charter Standard Update:- Following on from last month’s visit to the league by Dai Carpenter the league website charter standard page has been updated of those clubs that have achieved the award or needed to do something to get the award.
An email has been sent to all clubs with this information and informing them of the next first aid course if they required that. Clubs were informed that if they didn't have the award by December 31st they would be required to attend an evening arranged by Devon FA to finish off their application.

Back to the top

December 2014

There was no December meeting.

Back to the top

January 2015

Present:- D. Parish(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, B. Huxtable, M Saunders, T. Alcock,  K. Greenleaf,   P. Sercombe, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies: - Alan Evans, B. Fishleigh,
Absent:- J. Fry,
Minutes of the meeting held November 7th 2014 were approved and signed.

League Business

Free Referee Course:- LS confirmed after the free referee course that was held, the league has registered 7 new referees.

Barnstaple AAC:- As requested in the November meeting the LS sent the complaint letter to the local police and had no reply back. LS spoke to NDDC who informed him that the pitch and surrounding area was the responsibility of the club in accordance to their lease but did offer to help clear the mess with any costs to be met by the club. The club have produced a policy should this happen again to get this cleared quickly. The area has now been cleared. LMC accepted the policy and no further action will be taken.

League Sponsorship:- ND Gazette have confirmed that they are only able to continue their sponsorship for next season (6th Season) with no forward commitment from them past this. LS & Bill Smale will have a meeting with them to discuss this and if no further commitment can be made will use the 6th year as notice to stop the sponsorship.

Barnstaple Town:- An email was received from Barnstaple Town requesting more information about joining the league next season with a Reserve team. They also asked what division they would have to start in as the standard of players for the reserve team will be high as they will feed the Western league team. LMC confirmed that they are more than welcome to apply as per the league rules and a meeting will be arranged after the closing date for applications to discuss other matters.

Referee Fee:- LS advised the league regarding a situation that arose regarding a payment to Referee Ben Chance. Boca Seniors failed to notify the Referee that the game was off and therefore was charged by the LS and after this was accepted they were fined and ordered to pay Ben Chance £30 (match fee and expenses) as they were in default of the rule. Ben emailed Boca Seniors Secretary Darren Todd requesting the money be “put through his letter box”, Darren Todd replied to say he was sending him a cheque to which Ben replied back with “when the check gets here I will rip it up, referees get paid in cash as you know, I will be awaiting the cash.“. Darren Todd then rung the LS and was not happy with the way the email was sent and advised he would not put anything through a letter box in cash nor was he prepared to drive from Barnstaple to Bideford. LS advised that they was no requirement to pay him in cash for this and no rule states this and thought it was not acceptable that Ben Chance would expect this to happen. LS offered to take the cheque and pay Ben in cash if it helped the situation. LS advised Ben he had it and Ben requested the LS deliver the cash to him, when this was refused he told the LS “Then you should not have taken the money and would wait for it to be delivered or contact Devon FA”. LS advised him there is no requirement for this fine to be in cash or hand delivered and if he never collected the cash he would send it to him by post at his own risk or send it to Devon FA. LS spoke to Jason Haywood who agreed with the LS and contact Ben to advise he collects the cash or the League will give it to Charity. This is being minuted and agreed by the LMC that in cases where the referee is not there to collect in cash it is acceptable to send a cheque as this is how clubs pay all fines etc.

Torrington v Torridgeside Game Abandoned – This game was abandoned by the match official at half time with the score 1-2 due to the pitch was no longer fit for play. Both clubs have confirmed this and requested the LMC order a replay. Replay was agreed by the LMC.

Pilton Academicals 5/5 Substitutes:- The FA Standard Code is optional concerning the number of substitutes between 3 and 7. Pilton to be advised that they may submit a rule change for consideration at the AGM.

Devon FA County Cup Games:- Rob Bates advised that he had previously served on the County Cups Committee when this was an issue. The fine was increased to deter clubs from not fulfilling cup fixtures and since then there had not been a significant issue for the matter to reviewed. The County Cup committee had recently voted to play all County Cup competitions, with the exception of the St Lukes Challenge Cup, on a regional basis up to the quarter final stage which, if voted in at the County AGM, should assist clubs with their running costs.

Correspondence Received

Barnstaple AAC:- Barnstaple AAC emailed to inform that the current secretary has stepped down with immediate effect, the new secretary is Joe Winfield, LS will contact Joe to arrange a new secretary meeting in due course.

Fremington:- Fremington emailed to confirm that their current secretary has stepped down, the new secretary will be John Thompson. LS will contact John to arrange a new secretary meeting in due course.

Chivenor:- Email received asking the LS regarding the use of their 3G pitch for league fixtures as the weather is starting to affect games. LS advised that 3G pitches were allowed to be used providing they are up to standard for 11 v 11 football and it was agreed by both teams to play on this surface. Home team must advise their opponents on footwear requirements before agreeing to play.

Dave Langford:- Email was received from Dave Langford advising the league that he has spoken to Braunton regarding their match with Hartland on the 14th February as it is on the same date as his son’s professional boxing fight for a title eliminator. Supporters of his son Tommy wished to attend his fight and he was hoping the Braunton could accommodate this by playing Woolacombe instead. LS advised Dave that if Braunton agree to release Hartland from this fixture then the league has no problem with that but if not then we will expect it to be played.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1801
Transfers – 89

Fixture Business
SMS System failed in December and has now been fixed, only 1 weekend was effected.
Fixtures are going well but adverse weather that is forecasted could cause possible issues.

LRO Business
2 referees were assessed by 2 senior assessors by the League due to low marks and were given constructive advice to help them move forward in their careers.
11 adverse reports were sent to clubs marking referees between 61 to 70. Two referees received 2 or more adverse reports. Referee 1 will receive coaching from senior referees before refereeing league games. Referee 2 on my advice and having discussed his options decided to step down and referee Intermediate 1 and 2
Cup final official appointments will be selected at the end of February by Fred Saunders, Mick Tattersall and myself. All officials selected will expect to attend a seminar on running the line, dress code and referees team talk
One referee was unhappy at club marks. Referees should not see club marks on the day.
LS also requested it be minuted that he believes Tony Cloak is doing a fantastic job in his new role for the league, Tony is in constant contact with the LS while he finds his feet and is constantly forward planning to better the League and all those who are involved within it. This was seconded by Fred Saunders who ratified everything the LS said and Tony has been a great help and assistance to the NDRAB, The Chairman thanked the LS and Fred for their positive comments and agreed that after the LRO report he could not agree more. The NDRA Rep Ian Johns agreed with the positive LRO Support and would take this back to the next NDRA meeting to advise its members.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                      £23,741.77
Benevolent Fund                 £4,539.50
                                        ­_________
Total Balance                 £28,281.27
                                               
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Boca Seniors - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D – Accepted
Sporting Barum - Failure to deal with League Business - No Reply to Charge ND5.1 - Accepted
Torridgeside - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 - Accepted
Georgeham & Croyde Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Jake Haynes - Rule 8 (O) - Accepted
Braunton - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4 – Accepted
Sporting Barum - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5 – Awaiting Response

Registration Fines:-
£5.00 – Woolsery Res - Late Team Sheet v Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res - Rule 11
£5.00 – Georgeham & Croyde Res - Late Team Sheet v Hartland Res - Rule 11 
£5.00 – Appledore Res- Late Team Sheet v Torridgeside - Rule 11         
£5.00 – Sporting Barum - Late Team Sheet v Torrington Res - Rule 11
£10.00 – Georgeham & Croyde Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Jake Haynes - Rule 8 (O)) - Game awarded to opposition
£10.00 – Braunton - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4
£10.00 – Brandon Maddock – Signing for 2 clubs – Rule ND801
£10.00 – Sporting Barum - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5

Fixture Fines:- None

League Fines:-
£5– Boca Seniors - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D
£30 – Torridgeside - Fine Trebled - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5
£15 – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Failure to notify match official - Rule 10D
£30 – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Failure to deal with League Business - No Reply to Charge ND5.1

Other Business

Media use of the league tables, fixtures and results:- The North Devon Journal had been contacted to request that they use the full title of the league to which they had agreed. This would be monitored more closely in the future to respect our sponsor's contribution to the league.

Charter Standard Update:- Rob Bates would be emailing Dai Carpenter to ascertain those clubs who had not submitted their applications by the 31 December deadline. A meeting would then be arranged to finish those clubs' applications.

Betty Shapland:- A thank you card was read out by Bill; Smale from Betty Shapland thanking the league for her beautiful flowers before Christmas. 

Sporting Barum:- It was proposed and agreed by the LMC to call Sporting Barum to appear before the league. The league are unhappy with the amount of fines that not only is the club getting but also not paying them on time and getting them trebled. LS Note:- Sporting Barum to appear before the League at 7pm Friday 6th February

Referee Course:- Pete Sercombe advised the LMC regarding the changes to the new Referee course and was very pleased forwhat it has achieved for the new referees.

LRO Job:- Bill Smale asked why the NDRA are not taking an active role with the Referees and that he feels this has all been pushed onto the league. Brett Huxtable advised that the NDRA never did the roles that the new LRO is doing and it was always done via Devon FA. LS advised Bill that this was a new initiative agreed by this league and feels the investment will serve the League, Referees and clubs well.

Back to the top

February 2015

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair) M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, M Saunders, T. Alcock,  K. Greenleaf, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies: - B. Smale, B. Huxtable, J. Fry,
Absent:- D. Parish,
Minutes of the meeting held January 9th 2015 were approved and signed.
League Business

Sporting Barum:- Sporting Barum were suspended from the league with immediate effect as of Friday 30th January due to an unpaid trebled fine. An email was sent advising the club about the suspension and advising them that if the fine remains unpaid by 10am on the day of any fixture, that fixture will be forfeited and awarded to the opposing team. The fine remained unpaid and therefore the game was forfeited. This fine was only finally paid on Thursday 05/02/15. LS spoke to Russell Deacon Sporting Barum’s Secretary on Saturday after he advised them about the game being forfeited. Mr Deacon advised he had been busy with work etc, LS advised him that if he is too busy to be the club secretary then they should find someone else to do it, he was also reminded that this fine goes back 21 days in total and he made no attempt to contact the league to advise any issues. He was also informed that should another fine not be paid by that day it would also be trebled, it remained unpaid and was trebled the following day. As Sporting Barum were already appearing before the league this evening due to amount of fines and unpaid fines etc the LMC would deal with the club on this issue as well. LMC agreed to put Sporting Barum on a probation period were they will be monitored until the April LMC meeting, the club were informed any further issues from the club will lead to a permanent suspension and possible removal from the league. LMC advised the club not to let anything build up and to speak directly to the LS to avoid any issues, they were also advised to seek more help from within their club. 

Barnstaple AAC:- Email has been sent to the club’s new secretary from the LS advising them that if he is not in contact with the league regarding a new secretary meeting that the LS will suspend the club until he does. The new secretary advised that all emails had gone to his junk mail and he did not see them, this was now sorted and a meeting was arranged for the 20th February.

Referee Fee:- Following on from last month’s minutes, LS is still in receipt of the fee for Ben Chance, Ben has still not collect this so as instructed by Devon FA’s Jason Haywood the league will donate the £30. LS suggests giving this to the cancer unit at Barnstaple hospital as we normally do for the pivot trophy or the Local RA. The consensus was to donate it to the Cancer unit at Barnstaple Hospital, Rob Bates was handed to the money to organise this.

Correspondence Received

League Extension:- Emails received from Pilton Academicals, Landkey Town, Hartland and Northam Lions all officially requesting the league be extended. All the clubs have said the same reason “due to the poor weather we have recently had”. This was voted on with the majority voting yes. The season will now be extended to the 31st May as per previous years.

April’s LMC Meeting:- Email received from Barnstaple Library advising that the library will be closed on Friday 3rd April as its good Friday, therefore he scheduled meeting will now be on the 10th April.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1833
Transfers – 103

Fixture Business
Semi Finals are the 7th March, all games will be played (weather permitting) on this date as there are not clashes.
Fixtures secretary agreed the fixtures were running fairly well but an extension would be a good idea to alleviate the pressures.

LRO Business
Quiet month for me due to the amount of postponed fixtures.
10th January sent an email to all secretaries concerning adverse reports and how they are dealt with.
Ben Chance has withdrawn his services as a referee from NDL
During the January period I sent out senior referees and assessors to watch fellow referees and give them important advice
Cup Final appointments will be decided at the end of February. Chosen from those top referees on the list.
A seminar will be put on in April for all match officials chosen for cup finals.
I put forward a new team sheet forward to the committee which highlighted the mark for the referee (this will be discussed at the next meeting)

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £23,042.77
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,539.50
                                          ­_________
Total Balance                     £27,582.27
                                               
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Braunton Thirds - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Joel Cooper - Rule 8 (O) – Accepted
Landkey Town - Failure to deal with League Business - No Reply to Charter Standard Email - Rule ND5.1 - Accepted
Equalizers - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted

Registration Fines:-
£5.00 – Sporting Barum - Late Team Sheet v Barnstaple AAC Res - Rule 11
£5.00 – Georgeham & Croyde Res - Late Team Sheet v Woolsery Res - Rule 11
£10.00 – Braunton Thirds - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Joel Cooper - Rule 8 (O) – Game lost - Result to stand

Fixture Fines:-
£10.00 – Braunton - Late Result – Rule 11
£25.00 – Equalizers - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Game awarded to opposition and 3 points deducted.

League Fines:-
£15.00 – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Torrington Res - Rule 11
£30.00 – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Failing to supply letter to support low marking of a Referee - Rule ND13.5
£10.00 – Landkey Town - Failure to deal with League Business - No Reply to Charter Standard Email

Other Business

Charter Standard:- All outstanding clubs had been contacted regarding the status of their applications. Most were there or thereabouts. Devon FA have organised a Charter Standard evening for those clubs who need their health check and to be awarded balls to attend. 5th March at Barnstaple Town FC. Any clubs that have not yet submitted their applications will also be invited to attend and finish them off if they need assistance.

Back to the top

March 2015

Present:- R. Bates(Chair) M. Tattersall, A. Webster, M Saunders, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh, B. Huxtable, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies: - Alan Evans, D. Parish,
Absent:- B. Smale, J. Fry
Minutes of the meeting held February 6th 2015 were approved and signed.

League Business
New Secretaries Meeting:- New secretaries meetings for John Thompson (Fremington) and Joe Winfield (Barnstaple AAC) was completed on the 20th February.
League Footballs:- A proposal was put forward from MJM Sports to see if the league wished to continue with the league footballs as per last year’s proposal. Feedback from MJM Sports was also given. LMC agreed to discuss this at the April meeting.
League Sponsorship:- The 5th year sponsorship has finally been paid via bank transfer, Graham Harris from the Gazette apologises for the delay and does not understand why it has took so long. Graham is happy to meet with the league to discuss and sign a 6th year.
Devon FA League Forum:- Devon FA held a league forum at Tiverton Town on Wednesday 4th March, it was attended by Mick Tattersall, Keith Greenleaf, Alan Webster and Rob Bates on behalf of the league. This was a good meeting which highlighted a lot of good practise already in place in the NDFL.
Google Apps:- LS requested permission for the league to purchase 1 years subscription for Google Apps. LS has been paying for it himself over the last 6 months to see if it was worth the money. It is £33 per year per user. LS advised that he has used it when registering Referees and getting SMS results details from clubs, this was done via the internet and all data collected into 1 spreadsheet. This saved time for the LS and all those having to submit information. LS advises that he will use it for this year’s entry forms as well. Google apps also gives the league online storage etc. LMC agreed to this
Cup Finals:- All the cup finals have be reconfirmed with our host clubs and are as published in the September minutes. The only minor issue is the KO at Ilfracombe due to the current floodlight situation, this will be agreed closer to the time.
Pivot Trophy:- LS emailed the Kingsley League Secretary on the 28th Feb as we had not heard anything about the Pivot Trophy match. Kingsley League advised the game to be played on the 16th April but LS refused this date due to mid-week games. Game was agreed for the 26th March at Holsworthy FC 7.30pm ko. Woolacombe & Mortehoe will represent the league due to being last season’s Intermediate 1 division winner. Kingsley league asked regarding the team selection for the NDFL as there always seems to be some controversy with Junior and Senior football, LS advised there is no controversy as the team is selected the same way every year. If the Kingsley wish to discuss changes they can meet with the NDFL to discuss this anytime. LS asked is as many as possible LMC could attend please and to wear league coats etc
Sporting Barum:- LS reported that a cheque for £40 from Sporting Barum had bounced, the club was advised the £40 shall be paid in cleared funds (Cash) within 7 days or face suspension. The club were advised the cheque was banked, then represented before advised it bounced. LS Note:- Cash delivered to LS home on Sunday
League Business:- LS reminded the LMC that ALL league business should be put before the LS 7 days before the meeting as he has the responsibility to make sure all important business is dealt with within the allotted time.

Correspondence Received
Braunton FC Late Registration:-
Braunton Fc emailed to apply for a late registration a player under league rule 8.2.(J).
The player is currently with Torquay United on their academy U16 squad but will be released on March 31st, His father has approached the Braunton Football club who his son has played with all his junior football years and asked if his son would be allowed to play senior football to allow him to reach his goal and make a professional footballer, Braunton Football club explain the deadline date for registrations is 31st March, but we would appeal to the league under special circumstances. The father and Braunton Fc feels the player will lose the will to play football and local football would lose another local talented lad unless this application for a late registration is allowed on this occasion. His 16th Birthday is 1st April. LMC discussed this and it was voted unanimously to decline this requested for various reasons including the player could still play the remaining season for the U16 team and did not feel it was a valid enough reason for special permission to be granted as this will leave the league in a position to accept other registrations from players whose birthdays are after the deadline date.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1878
Transfers – 120

Fixture Business
7 out of 8 League Cup semi-finals to be played 07/03/15 as arranged, Pilton’s game has been put back due to county cup commitments.
61% currently been played, 7% behind last season at this time. 59 fixtures set for May

LRO Business
2 referees were removed from the panel list due to 2 assessments carried out the referee and was below the standard expected of a level 5. Also club marks were then looked at, and these too were below the average league mark
2 adverse reports were sent to clubs to justify a low mark awarded to 2 referees.
Cup Final seminar confirmed at The Barn Inn on March 19th
Within the next two weeks I will be meeting with Mick Tattersall to talk over the criteria for next seasons panel list of Referees
All new referees have either been watched or contacts guarding their future.

Treasurers Report
League Fund £24,765.53
Benevolent Fund £ 4,539.50
_________
Total Balance £29,305.03

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Charges:-

Northam Lions Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Registration Fines:-
Fixture Fines:-

£25.00 – Northam Lions Res- Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 – Game awarded to opposition and 3 points deducted.
League Fines:-
£15.00 – Georgeham & Croyde Res - Fine Trebled - Failure to deal with League Business - No Reply to Charter Standard Email - Rule ND5.1
£30.00 – Landkey Town – Fine Trebled - Failure to deal with League Business - No Reply to Charter Standard Email

Other Business
Charter Standard Update:-
The annual health check was held the previous night at Barnstaple Town FC. All clubs who already have the award received an allocation of free balls and dealt with anything necessary to continue their award status. Nearly all clubs had now sent in their applications or were very close to and an update would be given on the outstanding clubs from Devon FA in mid-April.
Appointments Board:- Fred Saunders advised the appointments were going well but only had 2 spare Referees to be assistants for the cup semi-finals, as it was the Premier division current top 2 they we appointed to that game.
NDRA Report:- A report was read out by Ian Johns from the NDRA with regards to the Premier Panel Criteria. Fitness test and also Tony Cloak’s position as LRO. A copy of the report was handed out as well. LS was first to speak on the report and after consulting with Devon FA RDO Jason Haywood asked various question of the report which were mainly unanswered. The report was deemed by the LS to have a few missing facts and also going over old ground regarding the fitness test. A new criteria was currently being prepared by Tony Cloak for next season and will be presented to the April meeting. Various discussion took place around the report and Brian Fishleigh advised that he felt the standard of the premier division referees he had seen this season was a vast improvement. LS referred to the fact that Tony Cloak had a conflict of interest by being a Premier referee and LRO as complete nonsense and if every volunteer in football was only allowed to do 1 job there would be a lot of jobs not being done. The League Officers had no issue with Tony being a referee and LRO and the LMC voted him into the position. LS proposed that the League agree not to listen to anymore reports involving the fitness test and to wait for the new criteria to be presented and agreed. This proposal was agreed.

Back to the top

April 2015

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair), D. Parish, B. Smale, M. Tattersall, A. Webster, M Saunders, T. Alcock,  K. Greenleaf, P. Sercombe, B. Huxtable, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies: - B. Fishleigh, R. Bates,
Absent:- J. Fry,
Minutes of the meeting held March 6th 2015 were approved and signed.
League Business

League Footballs:- A proposal was put forward from MJM Sports to see if the league wished to continue with the league footballs as per last year’s proposal. Feedback from MJM Sports was also given. LMC discussed this and it was proposed and seconded but was voted against this proposal. LMC agreed to look at this again next season but did not want to commit league funds to this every season. LMC agreed to allow MJM Sports to put together a pack for the AGM to be handed to member club.

Pivot Trophy:- was played on the 26th March at Holsworthy FC 7.30pm ko. Woolacombe & Mortehoe won 2-7 after being 2 nil down in the first 10 minutes. LS reported he has not had any notification on the total amount raised as yet. LS spoke with the Kingsley League secretary regarding the future of this competition and both leagues will arrange a subcommittee to meet after the league AGMs to put in place a set of new updated rules and discuss the best course of action for the future of this cup. A cheque had been received after the meeting for £114, this would be presented to the hospital.

Sporting Barum:- LS advised that the probation period was now over and the past 2 months were discussed. The club had only received 1 fine in this time for failing to fulfil a fixture, they were involved in 7 games without any issues. LMC agreed to end the probation period with no further action taken.

Abandoned Game – Equalizers v Haxton Rangers:- It was reported by the match referee and both clubs that the game was abandoned due to a serious injury to a Equalizer player in the 58th minute with the score at 2-2. Both clubs have requested the result to stand. A special thank you was mentioned for the Haxton Rangers player Adam Payne who remained with the injured player keeping him calm and stemming the bleeding until the ambulance arrived nearly an hour later. LMC agreed to grant the score to stand

League AGM:- LS proposed that this year’s AGM be held at Park School, Barnstaple if possible. Towards the end of June. LS advised that we will be able to use the projector to show more information at the AGM which would be helpful especially when going through the league rules for voting. LS is happy to create all the relevant documents for projection and feels in would add value to what is sometimes a mundane meeting. LMC approved this proposal.

County Cups:- LS was pleased to announce that yet again we have a league club, Pilton Academicals, in the Devon FA Intermediate Cup Final. The final will be held at Devon FA HQ, Coach Road, Newton Abbott on Thursday 23rd April 7pm ko. Landkey Town made it to the Senior cup semi-final but narrowly missed out on the final being beaten on penalties after the game end 1-1 after extra time. The Premier cup was a bit more disappointing with no clubs making it past the 2nd round. LMC congratulates Pilton Academicals and wishes them the best of look at the finals. Bill Smale requests that more LMC members should attend Semi Finals in our area and the finals at coach road.

Team/Club Withdrawals:- Although no clubs had given notice of intent to withdraw by the 31st March as per the league rules, Lynton have confirmed that they are going to be withdrawing their reserve side at the end of this season. South Molton have given notice of possible intention to withdraw their reserve side.

New Clubs/Teams:- Membership forms have been sent to the following new clubs wishing to gain membership and entry into the 2015/16 season – Barnstaple Town (Reserves), Appledore Lions (transfer from Kingsley League), New Club currently unnamed. The deadline for this membership forms is 1st May. Combe Martin (Reserves) and Bideford (Academy Reserves) have expressed an interest in bringing in an additional team. Bideford have been notified that if their Academy team does not get promoted we will not be able to accept any new teams from the club, they have said they would look at the D&E League or Kingsley League if their proposal was rejected but wished to make it clear that the NDFL was their first choice. New teams from member clubs have until the entry deadline date of the 25th May to enter. Interviews with League Officers will be arranged before the June 5th LMC meeting.

Nomination Forms:- Nomination forms were handed to all the LMC and are available on request for anyone wishing to stand for election as a league officer or committee member. The deadline is 1st June 2015

NDFL Referee Cup Final Seminar:- LS advised he attended the NDFL cup final referee seminar which was arranged by the league LRO Tony Cloak and lead by Devon FA RDO Jason Haywood and Level 2a referee Brett Huxtable. LS would like to commend the guys for the organisation and well thought out seminar that was very well attended by our local referees and he felt would add value to all the cup finals in North Devon.

Cup Final Trophies & Divisional medals:- LS confirmed that he has arranged for the cup final trophies and divisional meals to be purchased from Trophyman Barnstaple as per previous season. Trophyman has sponsored the 3 MOTM awards with the ND Journal doing the 4th.

Torridgeside Promotion:- Letter received from Torridgeside who have applied for promotion to the SW Peninsula League.

Rule Amendments & Alterations:- Notification has been sent to all clubs who wish to alter, remove or propose a new rules to be presented to the AGM. The deadline for this is 1st May.

Premier Standards:- Notification was sent to remind clubs looking for promotion to the Premier division of the required standards.

Correspondence Received

Referee Incident:- (Brett Huxtable was asked to leave the meeting)An incident was reported by Referee Brett Huxtable regarding his changing room being entered and his belongs tampered with and moved during his game at Bideford Res on Tuesday 31st March. Although Devon FA are currently investigating the incident the LS advised Bideford that this has been reported to the league and this sort of behaviour, if proven, would not be tolerated by the league and offered them the opportunity to have a statement read to the LMC at the meeting. Statements supplied by Bideford were read to the LMC. LMC agreed to discuss this at the next meeting as this is still ongoing with Devon FA but did instruct the LS to advise the club to have the referees room lock sorted as a matter of urgency.

Cause for concern:- (Brett Huxtable was asked to leave the meeting) A letter was sent to the NDFL, League LRO & Jason Haywood Devon FA RDO from Bideford AFC regarding referee Brett Huxtable, the letter was read to the LMC. LMC agreed that this was mainly a matter for Devon FA RDO who will ultimately deal with this if appropriate, LMC noted the comments made by the club but with having 3 LMC members at that game who have an opposite view on the report, the fact the club scored the referee 100 the league has nothing to deal with.

Retiring Committee Member:- LS reported that Brett Huxtable will not be standing for re-election at this year’s AGM due to wishing to spend more time with his family and if he progress to Football League Referee will be away most Fridays.. A letter from Brett was read to the LMC. The Chairman on behalf of the league thanked Brett for his contribution to the League and wishes all the very best for his future family life and refereeing career.

Pilton Academicals:- Email received from Pilton requesting if the Arlington cup final could be moved due to them having to play the Devon FA Intermediate cup final on the Thursday before. As precedence has been set last season when Hartland had the same request, the LS declined this request. LMC ratified this decision.

FA Funding for Leagues:- Email received from Devon FA CEO Paul Morrison with a form to apply for league funding. LS requested permission to buy a Tablet /Laptop (Approx. £749) with £610 of this to be refunded by The FA at £10 per team registered in the league. The Tablet/Laptop will be used in LMC meetings, new secretary meetings etc. Paul Morrison confirmed there would be no issues with the grant providing it meets the criteria and this would do that. LMC agreed for the LS to go ahead with this purchase.

Formal Complaint:- A formal complaint was received from Pilton Academicals regarding the abusive and antagonising comments being aimed at 2 Pilton players by the father of a Braunton Thirds player. LS advised Pilton that this is a discipline matter and will need to be reported to Devon FA.

Reported Incident:- An incident was reported to the League by Haxton Rangers with reference to a Barnstaple AAC player grabbing a Haxton Rangers player by the throat after the game & post match food in the car park. LS advised Haxton Rangers that this is a discipline matter and will need to be reported to Devon FA. LMC Agreed

Transfer Request Issue:- Appledore forwarded an email response from Bideford after they had sent them a 7 day’s notice of approach for an academy player. Bideford responded with “we have spoken to the player’s father who knows nothing about this and made it clear that he is staying where he is. Although the player is playing in adult football his status remains as a junior player. Clearly we have a duty of care. Please can you inform Appledore that any communication will need to be through his parents and as an adult club they will also need to satisfy themselves that they are compliant with FA rule C as Charlie is of School age and also that they follow Youth Safeguarding protocols with regards to any contact” LS secretary advised Bideford that the club does not have to go through his parents and there is no safeguarding protocols to go through in open aged football. The player’s status in this league is open aged so the information they are supplying is correct at Youth level but not in open aged football. As for Rule C, Bideford have already got permission for the school aged player to play so this permission is valid for any club. LS advised Appledore that as far as he is concerned the approach is perfectly legal. This was then confirmed by Dave Keast at Devon FA. LMC Agreed

Chittlehampton Secretary:-  Notice was received that Sam Gratton has stepped down as Chittlehampton secretary with immediate effect. A new secretary called Kyran Jones, Kyran will be notified to arrange a new secretary meeting as per league rules. LS note:- This meeting has now been completed.

Ilfracombe Town:- Email received confirming that Ilfracombe Town have managed to fix their faulty floodlights and that the North Devon Journal Cup final will remain as arranged with a 7.30pm ko.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1945
Transfers – 138

Registrations and Transfer are now closed as of 31st March 2015

Fixture Business
Fixtures Secretary advised the LMC that everything was running smoothly with the fixtures with the weather playing a good part in this.

LRO Business
LRO briefed the LMC on the new Premier Panel Referee Criteria. There were a couple of amendments proposed by the NDRA. The new criteria was passed by the LMC.
As discussed at the March meeting, 3 panel referees would be assessed, due to average league club marks. This was carried out.
The seminar for cup final appointed officials was a huge success and well attended
The cooper fitness test as per the new criteria for the season 2015/16 will take place at Braunton Running Track on Wednesday June 10th and Wednesday July 8th.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,721.53
Benevolent Fund                 £  4,539.50
                                      ­_______________
Total Balance                     £29,261.03
                                               
Semi Final Referee Refunds:- The following has been paid to the clubs requesting a refund.
Brayford Cup – Braunton - £80
Brayford Cup – Torridgeside – No Claim Received
Combe Martin Cup – Hartland - No Claim Received
Combe Martin Cup – Combe Martin - No Claim Received
Arlington Cup – Braunton - £34
Arlington Cup – Chivenor – No Claim Received
ND Journal Cup – Woolsery - £32
ND Journal Cup – Bideford - £25

I feel this need readdressing as the league currently pays match fee & expenses in the semi-finals but only expenses in the final. You can also see a large disparity between the Brayford cup having assistant referees and others do not. I feel the League can contribute but this should be expenses only and in line with the finals.

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Putford Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Barnstaple AAC - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Awaiting response
Bideford Academy - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Accepted
Northam Lions Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Accepted
Northam Lions Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Accepted
Torridgeside Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Tom Greenaway - Rule 8 (O) – Accepted
Putford Res - Failure to notify fixtures secretary - Rule ND10.5 - Accepted

Registration Fines:-
£25.00 - Bideford Academy - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C – Game awarded to opposing team
£25.00 - Northam Lions Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Game awarded to opposing team
£25.00 - Northam Lions Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Game awarded to opposing team
£10.00 - Torridgeside Res - Fielding an Unregistered Player- Tom Greenaway - Rule 8 (O) – Game lost, result to stand
£5.00 – Barnstaple AAC - Late Team Sheet v Bideford Res- Rule 11
£5.00 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res - Late Team Sheet v Appledore Academy - Rule 11
£5.00 – Anchor Chiefs Res - Late Team Sheet v South Molton Res - Rule 11
£10.00 - Ross Craze - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule ND8.1

Fixture Fines:-
£25.00 - Putford Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£25.00 - Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Barnstaple AAC - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5–Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£10.00 - Putford Res - Failure to notify fixtures secretary - Rule ND10.5
£10.00 - Barnstaple AAC - Late Result - Rule 11
£10.00 – Georgeham & Croyde Res - Late Result - Rule 11

League Fines:-
£15.00 – Torridgeside Res - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Putford - Rule 11
£15.00 – Barnstaple AAC Res - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Sporting Barum - Rule 11

Other Business
Assessment:- Brett Huxtable advised the league that he spoke with Referee Scott Sayer who was very happy with his assessment and the way the league is moving forward and thanked the LRO for all his work and efforts with assessments.

Back to the top

May 2015

Present:- R. Bates (Chair), M. Tattersall, M Saunders, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh,
Apologies: - B. Huxtable, A. Webster, T Cloak
Absent:- Alan Evans, D. Parish, B. Smale, J. Fry, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)

Minutes of the meeting held April 10th 2015 were approved and signed.

League Business
NDFL AGM:- LS advised that this year’s AGM be held at Park School, Barnstaple on Thursday 25th June 6.30pm start.. LS emailed Nick Beaumont who confirmed he was happy to the do the accounts again and the AGM timescale is no problem.
County Cup Final:- Unfortunately after a great start and going 2 nil up, Pilton lost 6-2 in the Intermediate Cup Final, this was attend by the LS, Tony Cloak, Tony Alcock & Bill Smale.
Team/Club Withdrawals:- Barnstaple AAC Res & Lynton & Lynmouth have confirmed they are to withdraw from the League. Neither club has completed their entry as yet though.
New Clubs/Teams:- Membership forms have been received from the following –Appledore Lions (transfer from Kingsley League) and Bull and Bear. Combe Martin (Reserves) & Ilfracombe Town (Thirds) have expressed an interest in bringing in an additional team.
League Cup Finals:- North Devon Journal cup final has been played and was won on penalties by Hartland Reserves, the gate raised £450. Arlington Cup final has been played and was won by Pilton after extra time, the gate raised £260. The Combe Martin (02/05/15) and Brayford (09/05/15) are yet to be played.
Torridgeside Suspended:- Torridgeside were suspended on the 12/04/15 to 14/04/15 due to an unpaid fine. Torridgeside apologised for any inconvenience causes but it was miscommunication within the club and the secretary thought it was paid.
Bideford AFC – HMRC Report:- LS contacted the Bideford AFC Reserve\Academy secretary regarding the article in the journal reference the HMRC issues within the club. She confirmed back that although they are affiliated under 1 club they are run financially and administrated separate. The Reserve\Academy, Youth and Ladies on the advice of The FA will look into affiliating separately next season. LS advised that if they need any assistance from the League to let him know as they would support the club should they need it.
League Entry:- The new electronic entry form has been released to all the clubs. The current feedback is all good with comments ranging for “Really easy to do” to “Wish Devon FA’s was this easy”. This is a massive improvement in making the job easier for the Club Secretaries and will be utilised more. Next step will be to organise online banking for clubs to transfer payments, this will save time dealing with cheques although cheques/cash will still be required for transfers.

Correspondence Received
Referee Incident:-
An incident was reported by Referee Brett Huxtable regarding his changing room being entered and his belongs tampered with and moved during his game at Bideford Res on Tuesday 31st March. Devon FA have investigated the situation and dealt with the player concerned. LMC requested a statement be sent with a warning to the club and that this situation has been noted.
Ilfracombe Town:- Please convey the thanks of Ilfracombe Town FC to the league committee for awarding us the privilege of staging the cup final, it was a very successful night and both teams and spectators were a credit to their clubs.
Bideford AFC Referee Room:- Email received to confirm that the club had put a temporary lock on the door, this has now also been replaced with a proper lock.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1945
Transfers – 138
Registrations and Transfer are now closed as of 31st March 2015

Fixture Business - None

LRO Business
Dates have now been set for the Cooper test and sent to all referees.
LS to prepare the data for the new criteria to select the Premier Panel Referees, this will be reported to the AGM.

Treasurers Report
League Fund £21,755.13
Benevolent Fund £ 4,539.50
_______________
Total Balance £26,294.63

Semi Final Referee Refunds:- The following has been paid to the clubs requesting a refund.
Brayford Cup – Braunton - £80
Brayford Cup – Torridgeside – £33
Combe Martin Cup – Hartland - No Claim Received
Combe Martin Cup – Combe Martin - No Claim Received
Arlington Cup – Braunton - £34
Arlington Cup – Chivenor – £35
ND Journal Cup – Woolsery - £32
ND Journal Cup – Bideford - £25
I feel this need readdressing as the league currently pays match fee & expenses in the semi-finals but only expenses in the final. You can also see a large disparity between the Brayford cup having assistant referees and others do not. I feel the League can contribute but this should be expenses only and in line with the finals.

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Charges:-
North Molton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Barnstaple AAC Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C - Accepted
Combe Martin - Playing a player under an assumed name - ND8.3 – Awaiting a response
Registration Fines:-
£25.00 – Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Playing a strengthened team - Rule 8C – Game awarded to opposing team
£5.00 – Chittlehampton - Late Team Sheet v Putford - Rule 11
£5.00 – Georgeham & Croyde - Late Team Sheet v Braunton Res - Rule 11
£5.00 – Sporting Barum - Late Team Sheet v Northam Lions Res - Rule 11
Fixture Fines:-
£50.00 – North Molton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Barnstaple AAC Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5–Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
League Fines:-
£75.00 – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

Back to the top

June 2015

Present:- R. Bates (Chair), M. Tattersall, A. Webster, T Cloak, B. Smale, T. Alcock, K. Greenleaf, P. Sercombe, B. Huxtable,     
Apologies:- Alan Evans, D. Parish, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, J. Fry,
Absent:- Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Minutes of the meeting held May 1st 2015 were approved and signed.
League Business

NDFL AGM:- LS reminded the LMC that this year’s AGM be held at Park School, Barnstaple on Thursday 25th June 6.30pm start.. LS asked if all LMC members could be at the school hall for 6pm to help with preparations and tea/coffee. On behalf of the League Chairman he also advised that this season would be ballot voting and not a show of hands. This will hopefully be done using electronic voting systems.

League Entries:- All league entries are now complete with 63 teams entering subject to the AGM. Withdrawals are Lynton & Lynmouth Reserves & Barnstaple AAC Reserves. LS requested LMC to discuss the fine being imposed on both clubs as they fail to give notice as per the league rules. New Clubs/Teams wishing to enter and have been supported by League Officers at after their interview are Bull & Bear, Appledore Lions, Combe Martin Reserves & Ilfracombe Town Thirds.

League Constitution:- LS read out the proposed League constitution for the 2015/16 season that will be presented to the AGM.

League Cup Finals:- LS advised the details of the remaining 2 cup finals. Combe Martin cup final was played with Hartland coming out winners 10-5 after a thrilling goalfest game, gate receipts raised £528.50 which was a record receipt for Combe Martin in his time as LS. Also a large crowd came out to Torrington to watch Torridgeside win 3-0, gate receipts raised £1,056. It was a great spectacle for local football although a small minority were trying to go out of their way to cause a few issues.

Sporting Barum Suspended:- Sporting Barum were suspended on the 23/05/15 to 25/05/15 due to an unpaid fine.

Throgmorton Champions Cup:- The new Devon FA cup called the Throgmorton Champions Cup will be competed between the winners of the premier divisions from the Devon & Exeter League, Plymouth & West Devon Combination, South Devon League and North Devon Football League. Semi Finals are to be played by the 18th July and the final will be held at Devon FA HQ, Coach Road, Newton Abbot on the 1st August. With this in mind the LS has proposed that we play the Albert Beer Memorial Shield on the Friday evening the week before the commencement of the new season as a season opener. Next season match will be held at Appledore FC on Friday 14th August 6,30pm ko (subject to Appledore FC availability)

Albert Beer Memorial Shield Rules:- LS advised that last year’s memorial shield match caused a bit of controversy as the league has no competition rules in places and both teams agreeing to share the shield. LS would like to prose we make that official or we go straight to penalties.

FA Cup Final Tickets:- This season the league were given 3 pairs of tickets for the FA cup final. (2 x Aston Villa & 1 x Arsenal). The LS did his normal rota draw and drawn the following. Arsenal – Barnstaple AAC, as no response was received the LS redrew the tickets and they were offered and accepted by Northam Lions. Aston Villa – Putford were accepted and Aston Villa – Georgeham & Croyde were accepted.

Peninsula League Promotion:- Torridgeside advised the LS that they had missed promotion by 1 place and were going to give it another go next season.

Torrington FC – Brayford Cup Final:- An email containing an invoice for £50 was received from Torrington FC asking the league to reimburse them for food wasted after both teams refused to stay after the game due to the abuse they received from a group of local lads. These lads started to chant various things towards 2 Torridgeside players and made their way after the final whistle to where the players come of the pitch to further abuse them. LS said he would like to commend a group of Braunton FC players who shielded the lads into the changing rooms. Torridgeside made it clear due to the safety of their players and not wishing any further issues they would not be staying after the game. Braunton then advised they were also not willing to stay due to the level of abuse they had taken as well protecting the Torridgeside players, they felt things could very quickly get out of hand. LS advised both clubs he understood the reason and went to inform Torrington Secretary Garry Dymond who was very unhappy about this and demanded a refund. Emails from Torrington were read to the LMC. LMC agreed they would not pay any invoice as the situation was not the fault of the League and they understood the reasons as to why the clubs did not stay.

LMC Nominations:- All current LMC members have submitted a valid nomination form with the exception of Breet Huxtable who advised he would be standing down. 2 new nominations were received from Dave Loder and Henry D’Alberti Nicholson who will be going to vote at the AGM. Both nominees were offered the chance to give a small statement advising the member clubs why they wish to join the LMC, Dave Loder did not offer a statement and Henry D’Alberti Nicholson did and it was read to the LMC. A discussion was had regarding the pro’s and con’s for each nominee and weather the LMC would support them. LMC will vote accordingly and advised the LS to offer both candidates the opportunity to speak for 2 minutes at the AGM as well.

AGM Paperwork:- LS Advised that he will be starting work on the League AGM paperwork and it will be out to clubs and LMC members via email on or before 11th. If the League Accounts are unavailable by then, hey will be sent as soon as the LS has them.

Referee Registration:- Online Referee registration will be available from the 14th June allowing 1 month (15th July) for registration for any level 5’s wishing to apply for the Premier Panel with a further 2 weeks (31st July) for everyone else. Premier Panel list will be announced in the 1st week of August. LS Note:- due to a technical issue the registration will now be online by the AGM.

Premier Standards & New club facility Inspections:- A subcommittee were announced to visit newly promoted premier clubs Landkey Town & Woolsery to check they can make the premier standards. LS advised that he was at Woolsery on their last game and apart from advising them regarding the roping off the pitch they seemed to have everything else in place. New clubs Bull & Bear are using Rock Park and therefore don’t need any inspection and Appledore Lions are using Torrington School and will be inspected.

LS Official Complaint:- LS has lodged an official complaint to the League Chairman about the conduct of Braunton FC Secretary Dave Loder towards him. Dave Loder accused the LS of fabricating things to stop him from becoming a LMC member and also how he knows of the dislike the LS has for him and his club Braunton FC. LS reported this to the League chairman and advised he was not prepared to broadcast who he has a dislike for as it has no relevance on his position as LS and he also reiterated that he has no issues with any member clubs in this league. Guidance was offered by Devon FA regarding bring the league into disrupt due to the conduct towards a league official. LS advised he did not want the club involved in this nor did he want it going that far but he would not tolerate anyone questioning his integrity or honesty. League Chairman has since spoken to the Braunton FC chairman and advised him of the situation and the league will not tolerate this kind of behaviour. Braunton Chairman advised he was not speaking on behalf of their club and he will have a word with their secretary about his future conduct. LS was happy with that and happy to leave the matter there. Emails between the LS and Dave Loder was read to the LMC. LMC agreed this behaviour would not be tolerated and were happy to leave this to the League Chairman as requested by the LS.

Correspondence Received

Secretary Retirement:- Email received from Claire Cutler advising that she will be stepping down as secretary of Bideford Reserves/Academy and will be replaced by Andy Comerford.

Torrington Changing Rooms:- Emailed was received from LMC Member Brian Fishleigh to raise an issue with the state of the changing facilities at Torrington FC. He advised the away changing rooms and the toilets are not in a very good state. It was also reported that the toilet used by the officials is no longer available. LMC advised to contact the club and ask them about the facilities and Referee toilet.

Barnstaple Library – Room Bookings:- Email received from Barnstaple Library in response to the LS asking about the availability of the room for next seasons meeting. LS was advised that there is going to be some work being carried out next season but if it effects our meeting room they will organise an alternative room to use.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1945
Transfers – 138

Registrations and Transfer are now closed as of 31st March 2015

Fixture Business
None

LRO Business
A referee was reported for smoking during the checking player’s equipment before a game and also at halftime. The outcome was that the referee apologised and told me that it would never happen again
A referee was reported by a club for over charging on travel expenses. The outcome was that the referee was contacted by myself and informed that his expenses would be monitored next season
During April and May the County Received 5 adverse reports on referees. Action in progress

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,589.60
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,314.50
                                          ­__________
Total Balance                     £28,904.10

Treasurer requested approval from the LMC to organise online banking to allow clubs to pay directly to the league accounts and save the clubs time and money.
Accounts closed 31st May 2015 and Submitted to Nick Beaumont at Stevens & Willey Accountants

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Haxton Rangers - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted with Mitigation
Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Chittlehampton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Accepted
Combe Martin - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4– Accepted

Registration Fines:-
£5.00 – Combe Martin - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4

Fixture Fines:-
£50.00 – Woolacombe & Mortehoe - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5–Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£50.00 – Sporting Barum - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Haxton Rangers - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5–Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£50.00 – Lynton & Lynmouth Res - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5– Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£50.00 - Chittlehampton - Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5–Game awarded to opposing team and 3 points deducted
£10.00 – Sporting Barum - Late Result – Rule 11
£10.00 – Hartland Res - Late Result – Rule 11
£10.00 – Barnstaple AAC Res – No Result – Rule 11

League Fines:-
£15.00 – Sporting Barum - Fine Trebled - Late Team Sheet v Northam Lions - Rule 11

Other Business

Golden Boot/Golden Gloves:- The Registration Secretary apologised for the lateness of the final publishing of the tables but explained this was due to the non-receipt of one team sheet. This was expected imminently and the final standings would be published immediately. RS Note:- team sheet received and final tables published the next day

Charter Standard Update:- The Registration Secretary gave an update on the current situation regarding clubs applications:
3 clubs to renew existing awards.
2 clubs had submitted their application and just required to send in first aider certificates.
1 club awaiting the Devon FA affiliation process to be able to link teams to their youth section.
3 clubs yet to submit applications but have informed that it is in hand.

The Management Committee agreed and accepted a proposal to continue the Charter Standard as a league policy in accordance with the new Standard Code. As all existing clubs would have the award by the start of the coming season the policy would be that all new clubs would have one season to obtain the award. It was also agreed that the Registrations Secretary send a final message to all clubs yet to renew/submit that their fixtures would not commence until the award was obtained and any fixtures they missed would be awarded to the opposition.

Back to the top

AGM 2015

Mr B. Smale in the Chair.
Present:- Officers, Members of the Management Committee and Member Clubs.
Apologises:-
None
Absent:- P. Sercombe (LMC), Lynton & Lynmouth FC

Adoption of 2014 AGM Minutes – With no matters arising these were adopted.

Presentations - The 'Harold Bartlett Trophy' was present to Mr M. Kearney, the referee who had achieved the highest marks during the past season. The trophy for 'Club Secretary of the Year' for 2015 was presented to Mr H. (Moose) Boyer, the Secretary of Combe Martin FC.

Chairman’s Report - The Chairman reviewed the season. He expressed thanks to the League Officers and the Management Committee. Thanks to the North Devon Gazette, ND Journal and MJM Sports for their sponsorship. Thanks to the all the referee’s for another great season. He congratulated all the divisional and cup winners especially Braunton FC for winning the Premier division. Congratulations to Pilton Academicals for their achievements this season. The Chairman of watching a lot of games this season and was impressed by the great playing standard especially from the youngsters, he urged all clubs to continue to support the young players as they are the future for the league. The Chairman then moved to social media and its negative impact, he would like to see more positivity in social media and warned he would come down hard with the full force of the league and backing of Devon FA with zero tolerance towards any derogatory words against the league, clubs, league offices and committee members or anyone one or thing within this league. He moved to thanking everyone for their attendance tonight and wished all the clubs the best for the forthcoming season.

Secretary’s Report - The secretary touched yet again on the fines within the league and shown a few slides regarding this. Fines were down from last year but trebled fines had a big impact on the finances being almost one third of all monies collected. Fines for Failure to fulfil a fixture and late team sheets dominated the figures this season. He then moved onto the Referee seminar he plans to have before the season starts and what it will contain and urged clubs to have their managers and officials attend as he would not make this mandatory.

Balance Sheet and Statement of Accounts - These documents, prepared by Mr M Tattersall, and certified by Stevens & Willey Chartered Accountants, was discussed by the Treasurer, highlighting the key areas of the accounts. These were then adopted as a true record.

Election of Clubs - A vote was taken and the following were elected to membership of the League. Appledore Lions, Combe Martin Reserves and Ilfracombe Town Thirds.

Constitution of the League - For season 2015-2016 as drawn up by the Management Committee was presented to the meeting in accordance with League rules and adopted.
PREMIER Appledore Reserves. Barnstaple FC, Bideford CAFC, Boca Seniors, Bradworthy, Braunton, Ilfracombe Town Reserves, Landkey Town, North Molton Sports Club, Park Utd, Shamwickshire Rovers, Shebbear United, Torridgeside, Fremington, Torrington, Woolsery.
SENIOR Barnstaple AAC, Braunton Reserves, Chittlehampton, Chivenor, Combe Martin, Georgeham & Croyde, Hartland, Merton, North Molton Sports Club Reserves, Northam Lions, Pilton Academicals, Putford, Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves, South Molton, Torridgeside Res, Woolacombe & Mortehoe,
INTERMEDIATE ONE Anchor Chiefs, Appledore Thirds, Barnstaple FC Res, Braunton Thirds, Clovelly, Equalizers, Haxton Rangers, High Bickington, Ilfracombe Town Thirds, Landkey Town Res, Lynton & Lynmouth, Morwenstow Res, North Molton Sports Club Thirds, Sporting Barum, Torrington Reserves, Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res
INTERMEDIATE TWO Anchor Chiefs Reserves, Appledore Lions, Bideford CAFC Reserves, Braunton Fourths, Combe Martin Reserves, Fremington Reserves, Georgeham & Croyde Reserves, Hartland Reserves, Ilfracombe Town Thirds, Northam Lions Reserves, Putford Reserves, South Molton Reserves, Woolsery Reserves, Merton Res,

Alterations to Rules – The following Rule codes were voted on and carried. ND10.5 (last line removal) – amendment, ND10.5 – Amendment (Proposal 1 NDFL), ND24.9 – Amendment,
The following rules were rejected. Rule 8C – Deletion, Rule 10G – Optional SCOR
Mandatory changes in accordance with the standard code – Rules Rule 8a and 8b
A presentation on the main changes to the Standard code of rules was presented to the members clubs by the League Secretary.

Elections - All the current officers were declared re-elected unopposed.
LRO position was adopted so therefore T Cloak was re-elected unopposed.
On the closure of nominations, the following members of last season’s Management Committee had submitted valid nominations for next season’s Committee and are therefore elected. B Fishleigh, M Saunders, P Sercombe, T. Alcock & K. Greenleaf
2 New nominations were accepted. D Loder was rejected & H D’Alberti-Nicholson was elected.
Keith Greenleaf our Devon FA League Rep and Nick Beaumont (Auditor) were re-elected

Commencement and Conclusion of Playing Season - The season should commence on the penultimate Saturday in August (22nd), and conclude on the second Saturday in May (14th). Kick Off times 3pm August to October, 2.30pm November to March & 3pm April & May.

Any Other Business – No Other Business
The chair closed the meeting at 8.30pm.

Back to the top