North Devon Football League
North Devon Football League North Devon Football League North Devon Football League Winners

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2015/16

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - AGM

September 2015

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair),  D. Parish, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, T Cloak, T. Alcock, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, H. D'Alberti Nicholson, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies:- K. Greenleaf,
Absent:- B. Smale,
Minutes of the meeting held June 5th 2015 were approved and signed.

League Business

Welcome New LMC Member:- Chairman welcomed new League Management Committee member Henry D’Alberti Nicholson to the meeting.

New Secretary Meetings:- All new secretaries have completed the required meeting with the league secretary as per the league rules. Dave Cooke – Torrington, Josh Pearce – Sporting Barum, Andy Sanders – Fremington, Emma Prust – Clovelly, Carl Davis – Appledore Lions and Matt Jones – Chittlehampton

Albert Beer Memorial Shield:- LS advised that this seasons memorial shield was played on Friday 14th August with Torridgeside beating Braunton 4-1, the gate raised £193 for the Benevolent fund. The league would like to thank Appledore FC, the match officials, the 2 competing clubs and all those who attended the game.

Club Pitch Changes:- Pilton Academicals informed the league that they were moving from Tarka Tennis to share Mill Road with Barnstaple AAC, Equalizers confirmed they were moving from Rock Park to Tarka Tennis that was vacated by Pilton. Lynton & Lynmouth advised that from October they will be playing all home games at Haxton Rangers ground in Bratton Fleming due to having their facilities rebuilt. All was approved by Devon FA.

Team Withdrawals:- LS was advised that the following teams wished to withdraw before the season started due to lack of player commitment. Anchor Chiefs Res, Woolacombe & Mortehoe Res, South Molton Res, North Molton Thirds and Woolsery 1st Team. Woolsery 1st team withdrawal was in breach of the league rules but due to serious circumstances and various emails from Woolsery officials (Senior & Youth) we took the drastic measures to hold a member club vote. Member clubs voted in favour to support Woolsey’s withdrawal of their 1st team due to exceptional circumstances which would have seen the senior club fold and in turn cause the youth section to fold as well. LS advised the LMC that they need to decide on what fine to Levy on each team on a case by case basis. LMC agreed to withhold all entry fees with no further fines being imposed as they felt that each club had no real control over the player’s lack of commitment. LMC also confirm that Woolsey’s breach of the league rules were exceptional circumstances and the league has kept its integrity intact with how it dealt with this.

League Sponsorships:- ND Journal Cup sponsorship has been received and will be banked next week. Remittance from ND Gazette has been received as paid directly to the league account, this does not show in the treasurer report as yet as no bank statement has been received as yet to verify the payment. As this is the last season of sponsorship LS is waiting to hear from the new person in charge before advertising the league requires a new sponsorship.

Player Debt – Anchor Chiefs:- The club wished to appeal the decision of the registration secretary of not placing their players in the debt list due to the email not being received by him. Anchor Chiefs have supplied the email dated 30th July but was unaware this had not been processed. They wish the LMC to honour this email and add these players to the debt list. Anchor Chiefs submitted a debt list to the league on 30th July but it was not received and subsequently the players were not added to the debt list. Unfortunately by the time this was noticed it was past the deadline. The league management committee considered an appeal from Anchor Chiefs to have those players suspended. The LMC allowed players who had not signed for any other club to be added to the list but rejected the appeal for players who had already signed for other clubs.
However, the committee agreed that the clubs that had unknowingly signed players from that list be written to and requested to support a fellow club by not playing any player on that list until the debt is paid. This was similar to older season's debts and currently had a 100% success rate so far. The matter affected 5 clubs and 9 players who would be contacted the next day.

LRO Honorarium – LS asked Tony Cloak to leave the room, he asked the LMC to discuss on an honorarium for the LRO position. This will only be paid at the end. The LMC agreed to a honorarium which will be reviewed at the end of the season.

League Restructure:- LS passed a document to the LMC for their perusal and to be discussed at the October LMC meeting. LS briefed the LMC on a plan to remodel the leagues with the possibility of promoting U16 teams from youth football to open aged football.  

Cup Finals:- This seasons cup finals will be as follows. NDJ Cup 23rd April, Arlington Cup 30th April, Combe Martin Cup 7th May and Brayford 14th May. Venues to be confirmed except the Combe Martin Cup.

Abandoned Game:- Game abandoned between Putford Res v Ilfracombe Thirds 29/08/15 due to a serious player injury. Score at abandonment was 0-2. Both teams request a replay due to only 30 minutes being played. LMC agreed and ordered a replay.

Correspondence Received

Communication Kit:- Email received from Brett Huxtable asking if the league would allow him to use his communication kit that has been supplied to him. This would only be used if he was Refereeing a game with 2 qualified assistants. LS provisional granted him permission pending a LMC meeting. LMC agreed they have no objection Brett using this.

Charter Standard Discipline:- Email received from Devon FA regarding the letters being sent to member clubs who have breached the Charter Standard thresholds for Discipline. 19 clubs passed Stage 1 and were given a warning, 1 club passed Stage 2 and was given a warning and a deadline to advise Devon FA and what procedures there were to put in place to lower the penalty points, No clubs passed Stage 3. Devon FA also commended the league for having a high number of clubs that have not passed Stage 1.

Woolsery:- Email received from Woolsery thanking the League and the member clubs for supporting them in the withdrawal of their first team and saving not only the senior club but also the Youth teams too. They requested if the League would allow the Registration of players to be sent it earlier after the season end date while players are keen and also to look into an exception to Rule 8(J) to allow any player who becomes 16 after the 31st March the ability to sign on for a open aged club.

Golden Boot/Glove Presentation:- Unfortunately this had to be postponed due to a family issue and high volume of business matters, Terry will advise the LS on a date after the weekend.

Merton:- Email received from Merton advising they have mutually agreed to postpone their game to Braunton on 05/09/15 as players were not interested in playing after the game against Bideford CAFC res who played known premier players. They also complained about the mid-week fixtures should be removed. They requested the league look into this as something has to be done. LS briefed the LMC with Merton’s statement. LMC advised that this would be looked at as part of the possible restructure discussions but if they wish to remove the mid-week games they can put this forward at rules revision in May.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1433
Transfers – 17

Fixture Business
All fixtures moving along fine.

LRO Business
Sent out 6 adverse report forms to clubs to explain the reason why they marked the referee high or low.
Received to 2 adverse reports from clubs which will be dealt with by County as letters of low marks.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,097.86
Benevolent Fund                 £  4,320.00
                                       ­_______________
Total Balance                     £28,417.86

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Appledore Res      Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Alex Farmer - Accepted
Appledore Res      Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Hallum Cook - Accepted         
Torrington Res     Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Liam Ferguson - Accepted      
Shamwickshire Res             Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Adam Glover - Accepted         
Shamwickshire Res             Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Tom Hawkes - Accepted         
Shamwickshire Res             Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Jamie Rockey - Accepted        
Morwenstow Res Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Dan Bartram - Accepted
               
Registration Fines:-
£10.00   Callum Goss         Signing for 2 Clubs             
£10.00   Kyle Jones             Signing for 2 Clubs             
£10.00   Appledore Res      Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Alex Farmer      Game awarded as Home walkover, goals removed
£10.00   Appledore Res      Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Hallum Cook     Game awarded as Home walkover, goals removed
£10.00   Torrington Res     Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Liam Ferguson   Game awarded as Home walkover, goals removed
£10.00   Shamwickshire Res             Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Adam Glover              Result to stand
£10.00   Shamwickshire Res             Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Tom Hawkes              Result to stand
£10.00   Shamwickshire Res             Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Jamie Rockey             Result to stand
£10.00   Morwenstow Res Playing     An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Dan Bartram  Game awarded as Home walkover, goals removed

Fixture Fines:-
£10.00   Haxton Rangers  Late Result - Rule 11
£10.00   Barnstaple AAC  No Result - Rule 11

League Fines:-
£25.00   Lynton & Lynmouth          Withdrawing from the League - Rule 14a
£25.00   Barnstaple AAC  Withdrawing from the League - Rule 14a
£25.00   Lynton & Lynmouth          Failure to attend AGM - Rule 6H

Other Business

Charter Standard Update:- A draft League Development Plan had been submitted to Devon FA and comments received which were being considered. This would be shared with clubs at the appropriate time. All clubs had achieved the award and were to be congratulated for doing so. Just one club, Fremington, had to update their first aid certificates.

Back to the top

October 2015

Present:- D. Parish(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, T Cloak, T. Alcock, P. Sercombe, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders,          H. D'Alberti Nicholson,
Apologies:- A. Webster,
Absent:- Alan Evans, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Minutes of the meeting held September 4th 2015 were approved and signed.
League Business

Landkey New Secretary:- Landkey have appointed a new secretary Ian Gilmore. Ian has completed the new secretaries meeting with the LS.

League Sponsorships:- As this is the last season of sponsorship LS is waiting to hear from the new person in charge at the North Devon Gazette before advertising the league requires a new sponsorship.

League Restructure:- Following on from last month’s LMC meeting the LMC  discussed the LS proposal to restructure the league. The proposal was accepted by the LMC with the view to send this to the member clubs for feedback to be reported to the LMC in November. LS to advise Youth League to gain feedback at their next meeting and to Devon FA to look into any assistance on offer.

Cup Finals:- This seasons cup finals will be as follows. NDJ Cup 23rd April at Bideford AFC, Arlington Cup 30th April at Ilfracombe Town, Combe Martin Cup 7th May at Combe Martin and Brayford 14th May at Appledore. LMC ratified these venues.

Pivot Trophy:- LS advised he has proposed a date of Wednesday 23rd March 2016, Torrington have been asked to host this game as per previous years. LMC ratified the date and venue, details to be past to Kingsley League for agreement.

Club Complaints:- LS expressed his disappointment to the LMC that Merton FC complained about Chittlehampton FC for not contacting them within 5 days of the game. His disappointment is that Merton reported this after the game on the Sunday. LS requests that the LMC support him expressing to the member clubs that this approach is not what local football is about. LS charged Chittlehampton as per the rules but was later called from an unhappy club wanting to know it was left so late to charge. LMC support this and an email to be sent to all clubs.

Correspondence Received

Letter of resignation:- Email received from Keith Greenleaf offering his resignation with immediate effect from the LMC & Devon FA League Representative as follows:- To all League Management Committee Members and Clubs, Due to personal reasons and additional commitments I tender my resignation with immediate effect from my position as North Devon League Representative to include any commitment on the North Devon League Committee. I would like to thank all Committee members and all Teams within the North Devon League for the support during my tenure. LMC would like to thank Keith for all his support shown to the league and wish him the very best for the future.

Putford Complaint:- Complaint received regarding the changing rooms at Putford. No lighting and dirty showers that kept going cold. LS read out the complaint and Putford’s response.

Hartland Referee Room Complaint:- Complaint received regarding the referees changing rooms at Hartland. The referee has informed the league regarding the seriously poor state the referee’s room was in. LS read out the complaint and shown the LMC the photos provided, then read out the response from Hartland. Hartland have confirmed they will be fitting a new curtain, shower tray and will deep clean the referees changing room.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1534
Transfers – 31

Fixture Business

LRO Business
Between September 4th and October 2nd I sent out 10 adverse reports to clubs to justify marks given to referees between 60 and a 100.
Two marks came back below 60 and the adverse report was forwarded on to county as an letter of low marking.
Up to October 20 referees were below the average mark of 80.57.
Tony Butler has decided to step down as a referee due to injuries. Tony has been a good servant to the NDFL for the last 17 years, we as a league thank him very much for his contribution.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £25,647.82
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,513.00
                                      ­_______________
Total Balance                     £30,160.82

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-
Barnstaple AAC  Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4         Accepted
Appledore Thirds Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4         Accepted
Combe Martin     Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form               Accepted
Combe Martin     Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form               Accepted
Bideford CAFC    Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form               Accepted
Combe Martin Res              Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form               Accepted
Anchor Chiefs      Failure To Provide Details Of A Fixture - Rule 10(D)   Accepted
Chittlehampton   Failure To Provide Details Of A Fixture - Rule 10(D)   Accepted
Appledore Thirds Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i)             Accepted
Appledore Res      Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Accepted
Boca Seniors        Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Awaiting Response
Fremington           Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Accepted
Shebbear               Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Awaiting Response
Georgeham & Croyde    Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Accepted
Lynton & Lynmouth    Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Awaiting Response
Merton   Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Awaiting Response
Appledore Thirds       Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Accepted
Torrington Res     Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Awaiting Response
Putford Res           Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3   Accepted
               
Registration Fines:-
£5.00      Barnstaple AAC  Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4
£5.00      Appledore Thirds Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4

Fixture Fines:-
£25.00   Appledore Thirds      Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) – Cup game awarded to opposition
£10.00   Appledore Res      Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Boca Seniors        Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Fremington           Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Shebbear               Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Georgeham & Croyde        Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Lynton & Lynmouth          Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Merton   Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Appledore Thirds                 Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Torrington Res     Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3
£10.00   Putford Res           Failure to rearrange postponed game - Rule ND10.3

League Fines:-
£10.00   Anchor Chiefs      Failure To Provide Details Of A Fixture - Rule 10(D)
£10.00   Chittlehampton   Failure To Provide Details Of A Fixture - Rule 10(D)
£10.00   Combe Martin Res              Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form
£10.00   Combe Martin     Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form
£10.00   Combe Martin     Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form
£10.00   Bideford CAFC    Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - Adverse Report Form
£30.00   Callum Goss         Fine Trebled - Signing for 2 Clubs
£30.00   Barnstaple AAC  Fine Trebled - No Result - Rule 11

Other Business

Player Debts - Anchor Chiefs:- The Registrations Secretary reported that, in general, the affected clubs had been helpful in requesting that the players who owed money paid up. It was agreed that this would be monitored and reported back at the next meeting.

Charter Standard Update:- Still awaiting communication from Devon FA. Dave Parish to speak to Dai Carpenter.

Charter Standard Renewal First Aid Courses:-  A discussion took place regarding a proposal to pay for club's first aid courses for renewals. A proposal from Mick Tattersall was agreed. Any club seeking a renewal of a first aid certificate with regard to keeping their Charter Standard status would be eligible to claim back the course fee from the league. This was for one person per team and only applicable for attendance on the FA Emergency First Aid Course. To claim back each club would need to send the LS a copy of the receipt showing they attended the FA First Aid Course. It was agreed that this would be monitored annually.

Back to the top

November 2015

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair), M. Tattersall, A. Webster, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, H. D'Alberti Nicholson, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)
Apologies:- R. Bates, P. Sercombe, D. Parish, T Cloak
Absent:- B. Smale
Minutes of the meeting held October 2nd 2015 were approved and signed.

League Business

Torridgeside New Secretary:- Torridgeside have appointed a new secretary Barry Paine. Barry has completed the new secretaries meeting with the LS.

League Restructure:- Following on from last month’s LMC meeting the LS briefed the LMC on the feedback he has received to date and the feedback he received from a youth league meeting. LS now waiting for another meeting to be arranged with the youth league managers. Devon FA feedback is positive and will be putting in play some funding to aid the clubs in their transition to open aged football.

Devon FA League Representative:- An email was received by Brian Fishleigh requested to be considered as the new |Devon FA League Rep. LS emailed all other LMC and no further nominations was received. LMC ratified Brian Fishleigh as League Rep

League Managers Seminar:- LS confirmed that he postponed the managers seminar with a view of making it mandatory. Due to the possible league structure he advised we wait until this confirmed as a league meeting will need to take place for that. LS will speak with the LRO to put together a brief for clubs to pass onto their managers.

Correspondence Received

Hartland Referee Room Complaint:- Picture of the refurbished referee room was supplied to the LS. LMC looked at these and confirmed they looked like a great improvement and this matter is now closed.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1621
Transfers – 55

Fixture Business
250 games played (33%) with 4 outstanding.

LRO Business
Between September 4th and October 2nd I sent out 10 adverse reports to clubs to justify marks given to referees between 60 and a 100.
Two marks came back below 60 and the adverse report was forwarded on to county as an letter of low marking.
Up to October 20 referees were below the average mark of 80.57.
Tony Butler has decided to step down as a referee due to injuries. Tony has been a good servant to the NDFL for the last 17 years, we as a league thank him very much for his contribution.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £25,772.83
Benevolent Fund                   £  4,513.00
                                       ­_______________
Total Balance                     £30,285.83

Treasurer has now secured online banking for the league accounts and has requested if the LMC would be happy for him to accept bank transfer payments for fines. Treasurer will advise clubs that this will only be for fines initially and clubs will have to add their fine reference number to each payment and email the LS to confirm payment has been sent.
 
General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:- None
               
Registration Fines:-
£5.00      Lynton & Lynmouth          Late Team Sheet - Rule 11
£5.00      Ilfracombe 3rds                   Late Team Sheet - Rule 11
£5.00      Torridgeside                          Late Team Sheet - Rule 11
£10.00   Landkey                                Late Result - Rule 11
£10.00   Putford                  Late Result - Rule 11

Fixture Fines:- None

League Fines:- None

Other Business

Player Debts - Anchor Chiefs:- The only club not to cooperate with the leagues request is Shamwickshire Rovers. Statements from Shamwickshire and Northam Lions was read out to the LMC.
Charter Standard Update:- The league's application has been submitted to the FA and we are awaiting to hear if it has been successful.
Xmas Flowers:- It was agreed by the LMC that Bill Smale will organise flowers to be sent to Betty Shapland as we normally do each year.
December Management Meeting:- Management Committee agreed that the Meeting arranged for December was not required and agreed that all emergency, urgent or important decisions regarding the League would be made by the League Secretary and the decision advised to the Committee at the next meeting.
Referee matters:- LMC advised that there is a new Referee course being launched and a new referee mentoring scheme too. This can only raise the standards for local football again.

Back to the top

December 2015

There was no December meeting

Back to the top

January 2016

There was no January meeting

Back to the top

February 2016

Present:- R. Bates(Chair), M. Tattersall, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, P. Sercombe,
Apologies:- H. D'Alberti Nicholson, Alan Evans, D. Parish, B. Smale, T Cloak,
Absent:- A. Webster, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)

Minutes of the meeting held November 6th 2015 were approved and signed.

League Business
League Restructure:-
LS advises he has a meeting with all the youth league under 16 & 15 managers to discuss the transition from youth to open aged football next week. LS will report back at the next meeting.
Referee Premier Panel:- Pete Sercombe requested time in the LMC to discuss the Cooper test after sending in an email regarding the 50+ pass rates. LS advised that this was supported by the RDO and if Pete can get another approved test he could ask to see if the league would support it.
League Extension:- Several clubs have emailed in officially requesting the LMC to consider extending the league to alleviate the congestion of fixtures due to the adverse weather. Braunton FC advised they do not require an extension and wished to point out that if the 14 day rule was applied correctly there would not be so many to rearrange. Also their ground will be closed from the 14th May. LMC agreed to extend the league until 31st May, LS advised for future seasons it will be a 31st May end date due to having to extend every season since he became secretary.
Referee Training Course:- New referee course will be available in North Devon in April, more information will be released as soon as its officially released at Devon FA.

Correspondence Received
Torridgeside:-
Letter received to advise the League on their application to join the SWPL.
Ilfracombe Town:- Email received to advise the League on their application to join the SWPL.
Bideford C AFC:- A complaint was received against LRO Tony Cloak on 29th November, LS advised the club to take this complaint to Devon FA in the first instance but advised the statement receive is very vague with no one person or signature attached to it, just a general statement. LS advised the club this is a serious statement they are making and he reads it in disbelief. After following this up with the club, the club decided to withdraw the complaint again Tony on the 7th December. LS advised the club secretary his disgust in the whole situation and would report this to the LMC. LMC advised that an email be sent to Bideford CAFC that this behaviour will not be tolerated and future complaints WILL be followed by with the club being brought in front of the LMC.
Anonymous Email complaint:- An email complaint was received with reference to a video being shown on Facebook from Bideford C AFC players. “Details advised to LMC but not to be minuted”. This information was immediately sent to Devon FA to deal with.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1710
Transfers – 88

Fixture Business
None supplied

LRO Business
Since our last meeting in November I have sent out 10 adverse report forms for clubs marking a referee between 61 & 100. Even had to send one to a club who marked me a score of 100. Was not happy with 3 reports sent by clubs and asked them to re submit their report.
I assessed one referee on December 19th due to the fact that club marks where starting to drop below average.
The weather has been a factor since November for the lack of football.
I sent out as stated in the criteria all club marks to referees for the first half the season. There are at least 2 premier panel referees I need to look at and identify why there average club mark is below average. But due to the unpredictable weather, this is a problem. I watched a referee and was not happy with his performance, he received 2 adverse reports to county and also a report from myself.
I am working hard alongside Fred Saunders to make sure referees are happy and being given the right fixtures.
In late November we promoted a referee into the premier panel referees.
Hopefully in the next coming month I will be out and about watching and hopefully pasting on my experience. There is still a lot of work I still need to do and a lot more I want to achieve.

Treasurers Report
League Fund £25,972.83
Benevolent Fund £ 4,413.00
_______________
Total Balance £30,385.83

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Charges:-
None
Registration Fines:-
£5.00 Pilton Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4
£5.00 Georgeham & Croyde Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4
£10.00 Reece Daley Signing for 2 Clubs
Fixture Fines:- None
League Fines:- None

Other Business
Charter Standard:-
Health check evening had taken place. Devon FA have done a survey of club's training and wishes for possible coaching sessions. The feedback has been looked at and they are hoping to set something up for clubs in March and pre-season.
Still no news on the league's application but it was noted that the FA is currently undergoing a large scale restructure which may be contributing to the delay.
Online player ID card applications:- Devon FA now offer the facility for players to obtain their own ID card.
The facility is live in anticipation of the 31st May when all adult cards expire. Players can update their cards now.

Back to the top

March 2016

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, A. Webster, T Cloak, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, Apologies:- H. D'Alberti Nicholson, T. Alcock, R. Bates, P. Sercombe, Absent:- D. Parish, Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)

Minutes of the meeting held February 5th 2016 were approved and signed.

League Business
League Restructure:-
LS advises had his meeting with the youth league under 16 & 15 managers to discuss the transition from youth to open aged football next week. Although the turn out was poor the feedback was mixed. LS proposes that he sets a deadline for provisional requests to join the league by 31st March, ready to bring a proposed restructure for LMC vote ready for the AGM. LS will contact Dai Carpenter for feedback.
Pivot Trophy:- Due to a date clash the Pivot trophy has been proposed to move to a new date. Tuesday 12th April has been proposed to the Kingsley league. As soon as the LS has confirmation he will advise all LMC. Sec Note:- The date of 12th April is now fixed.
Charter Standard League Status:- The League has finally been awarded Charter Standard status by the FA. We are the first adult 11-a-side league in Devon to achieve this. LS would like to thank all the member clubs for their part in gaining this award and a thank you goes to Rob Bates for his involvement in coordinating this to achieve this status.
League Cup Fixtures:- LS with discussion with the fixtures secretary has proposed that the League will fix all League cup dates for every round at the beginning of the season due to some clubs complaining about no semi final dates. Also to add the same rule Devon FA run that if a club postpone their game twice it will switch to the away teams venue. These will be looked at again at rules revision.
Fixture Rearrangements:- LS with discussion with the fixtures secretary will propose a rule change/addition to remove the need for a club to rearrange a fixture within 14 days in the first instance. All postponed games will be automatically be rearranged by the fixtures secretary for the next available date, if no Saturdays are available then the FS will advise both teams that the home team must rearrange the fixture within 14 days. The biggest complaints the LS is receiving over the last few months is clubs complaining that other clubs are not helping or agreeing to dates, this will take this away and reduce fines for not complying in the first instance. This will be looked at again at rules revision.

Correspondence Received
Membership Request:-
The following clubs have requested membership or additional teams for the 2016/17 season. SAS and Eastside (Youth transition), Bradworthy Res (Kingsley League), Park Rangers (Kingsley League), Bideford Cafc 3rds (Kingsley League). Membership forms will be sent to those who are not already member clubs in due course.
League Sponsorship:- LS received an email to confirm the Gazette will continue with sponsorship for the 2016/17 season with a meeting arranged to secure a new contract.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1745
Transfers – 93

Fixture Business
1 County cup & League semi-finals being played. Fixtures taken a hit by adverse weather.

LRO Business
Not much to report to the lack of games Had a meeting with County FA to decide appointments for county cup finals We have one referee selected to lead a team of officials from North Devon to officiate in the u/18 cup final. During the next couple months myself and my team of assessors will be out and about watching referees

Treasurers Report
League Fund £25,987.83
Benevolent Fund £ 4,413.00
_______________
Total Balance £30,400.83

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)
Charges:-
Landkey Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule ND25.6 Shamwickshire Res Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5 Shamwickshire Res Failure to notify fixtures secretary - Rule ND10.5 Registration Fines:- None
Fixture Fines:- £10.00 Barnstaple AAC No Result - Rule 11
League Fines:- £30.00 Georgeham & Croyde Fine Trebled - Signing for 2 Clubs £15.00 Reece Daley Fine Trebled - Team Sheet Clerical Error - Rule ND8.4

Other Business
None

Back to the top

April 2016

Present:- Alan Evans(Chair), D. Parish, B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, T Cloak, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh,             M Saunders, H. D'Alberti Nicholson,       
Apologies:- P. Sercombe,
Absent:- Ian Johns (NDRA Rep)  

Minutes of the meeting held March 4th 2016 were approved and signed.
League Business

League Restructure:- South Molton have requested that if the league restructure allows for more teams would they please consider allowing them to bring in a reserve team instead of missing another season. To be discussed at the May meeting
Pivot Trophy:- The Pivot trophy will be played on Tuesday 12th April against the Kingsley league at Torrington. Chivenor will represent the league as last season’s Inter 1 champions.
Chivenor:- Chivenor requested to put their case before the LMC for a charge they accepted for falsifying a transfer form. LMC heard the case and although it was already accepted and therefore proven they did take into account the clubs errors and trust was with the player to gain what they thought was the correct signature. The honest and regretful comments made by the Chivenor secretary and the clubs impeccable admin was also taken into account. LMC fined the club £10
Cup Finals:- The following finals now have referees appointed
Brayford Cup Torridgeside v Braunton Sat 14th May 6-30 ko playing at Appledore.
Referee Gary Suggate, Assistants Graham Harris & Neil Peake.

Combe Martin cup Torridgeside res v Braunton res Sat 7th May 6-30 ko playing at Combe Martin
Referee Dave Williams, Assistants Jay Brockbank & Stuart Brockbank.

Arlington cup Braunton 3rds v Sporting Barum Sat 30th April 7-00 ko playing at Ilfracombe.
Referee Rob Hunt, Assistants Mike Angell & Chris Allsobrook.

North Devon Journal cup Fremington res v Combe Martin res Sat 23rd April 7-30 ko playing at Torrington.
Referee Kris Wegryznowski, Assistants Chris O'Brien & Brian Cutler
Anchor Chiefs:- Email received to the club was folding from the 1st April and would not be able to complete the season due to poor player commitment and others requesting to transfer. LMC fined the club £25 (Note – The LS left the room during the discussion on this matter.))
Appledore Transfer Issue:- Appledore had requested the league to review a transfer that had been correctly filled out before the deadline but had accidently not been left with the other transfers delivered on the 31st March. The circumstances of the player were considered, in that as he was transferring from Anchor Chiefs and if not allowed the player would not be able to play until next season through no fault if his own. The LMC agreed to permit the transfer under the special permission allowed under rule 8J. (Note - The LS and Brian Fishleigh left the room during the discussion on this matter.)
Medals & Trophies:- LS has arranged with Trophyman to supply the League’s medals & trophies as per the previous seasons budget.

Correspondence Received

League Sponsorship:- LS to meet with the Gazette on Thursday 7th April and will report back at the May LMC meeting.
Brett Huxtable NDRA:- Emailed received from Brett requesting the names of the referees be removed from the February minutes as it was agreed by the LMC not to name referees in their minutes. LS apologised for this error as he normally removes the names from the LRO report but must have missed it, he advised these would be removed as soon as possible.
Kilkhampton:- Email received from Kilkhampton requesting membership to the league to transfer from the Duchy league to the NDGFL.
Merton:- Email received from Merton to notify the league of their possible intention to withdraw its reserve team.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1817
Transfers – 116

Registration & Transfers are now closed

Fixture Business
59% of the league fixtures are complete, 167 fixtures scheduled in April.

LRO Business
This past month I have sent out 6 adverse reports to clubs which I feel are marking incorrectly. We have had 3 marks of 60 and below and reports have gone to Devon FA. I like to reassure clubs that both myself and county will deal with these reports. All the feedback given by you, the clubs, go towards trying to make us better as referees and trying to cement that friendly approach between referees and clubs.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £26,041.75
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,413.00
                                       ­_______________
Total Balance                     £30,454.75

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges:-


Ilfracombe 3rds

Failure To Supply Letter In Support Of Referee Marking - Rule ND13.4

Barnstaple AAC

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

Appledore Thirds

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

Anchor Chiefs

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

Chivenor

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Reece Daley

Chivenor

Falsifying a transfer form

Braunton

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule ND25.6 - Simon Townsend

Barnstaple AAC

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

Haxton Rangers

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

Registration Fines:-


£10.00

Ilfracombe 3rds

Failure To Supply Letter In Support Of Referee Marking - Rule ND13.4

£10.00

Trevor May

Signing for 2 Clubs

£10.00

Jack Rampling

Signing for 2 Clubs

£5.00

Shamwickshire Res

Late Team Sheet - Rule 11

£5.00

Bideford CAFC Res

Late Team Sheet - Rule 11

Fixture Fines:-


£50.00

Barnstaple AAC

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

£25.00

Appledore Thirds

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

£25.00

Anchor Chiefs

Unable to fulfil a fixture - Rule 10F(i) & ND10.5

£10.00

Chivenor

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8(O) - Reece Daley

£10.00

Putford Res

Late Result - Rule 11

£10.00

Combe Martin

No Result - Rule 11

£10.00

Hartland Res

No Result - Rule 11

£10.00

Hartland Res

No Result - Rule 11

League Fines:- None

Other Business

Charter Standard Update:- LS and Registration Secretary met with Dai Carpenter of Devon FA and discussed various ideas for pre-season training, priorities for the league and an update on the potential restructure of the league. League chairmen requested it was minuted that the league would like to thank Rob Bates for all his efforts and contributions in the league being awarded the charter standard league status.

Back to the top

AGM 2016

Mr B. Smale in the Chair.

Present: - Officers, Members of the Management Committee and Member Clubs. Apologises: - None Absent: - P. Sercombe (LMC), Equalizers FC

Adoption of 2015 AGM Minutes – With no matters arising these were adopted.

Presentations - The 'Harold Bartlett Trophy' was present to Mr G. Suggate, the referee who had achieved the highest marks during the past season. The trophy for 'Club Secretary of the Year' for 2016 was presented to Miss M. Copp, the Secretary of Appledore FC.

Chairman’s Report - The Chairman reviewed the season. He expressed thanks to the League Officers and the Management Committee. Thanks to the North Devon Gazette, ND Journal and MJM Sports for their sponsorship. Thanks to the all the referees for another great season. He congratulated all the divisional and cup winners. He moved to thanking everyone for their attendance tonight and wished all the clubs the best for the forthcoming season.

Secretary’s Report - The secretary touched yet again on the fines within the league and shown a few slides regarding this. Fines were up from last year and had a big impact on the finances with over half of all monies collected coming from Failure to fulfil fixtures. Fines for Failure to fulfil a fixture and late team sheets yet again dominated the figures this season. He then moved onto the League Managers & Referee seminar and Albert Beer Memorial Shield dates. Cup final dates and venues were announced. The new referee marking system was briefly explained to the secretaries with more information available at the seminar.

Balance Sheet and Statement of Accounts - These documents, prepared by Mr M Tattersall, and certified by Stevens & Willey Chartered Accountants, was discussed by the Treasurer, highlighting the key areas of the accounts. These were then adopted as a true record.

Election of Clubs - A vote was taken and the following were elected to membership of the League. Bradworthy Reserves, Bridgerule, Bude Extras, Holsworthy Reserves, Kilkhampton, Park Rangers, Torridgeside Thirds, Shebbear Reserves & Stratton United. Bude Extras were elected on the basis they could find a pitch for home fixtures to be played on Saturday as their request for Sunday fixtures were rejected.

Constitution of the League - For season 2016-2017 as drawn up by the Management Committee was presented to the meeting in accordance with League rules and adopted.
PREMIER Appledore Reserves. Barnstaple FC, Bideford CAFC, Boca Seniors, Bradworthy, Braunton, Fremington, Ilfracombe Town, Landkey Town, North Molton Sports Club, Park United, Shamwickshire Rovers, Shebbear United, Torrington, Hartland, Georgeham & Croyde.
SENIOR Braunton Reserves, Chittlehampton, Chivenor, Combe Martin, Merton, Northam Lions, Pilton Academicals, Putford, Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves, Torridgeside Res, Sporting Barum, Ilfracombe Town Reserves, High Bickington, Stratton United, Kilkhampton
INTERMEDIATE ONE Appledore Thirds, Barnstaple FC Res, Braunton Thirds, Clovelly, Equalizers, Haxton Rangers, Landkey Town Res, Morwenstow Res, South Molton, Torrington Reserves, North Molton Sports Club Thirds, Lynton & Lynmouth, Ilfracombe Town Thirds, Fremington Reserves, Bideford CAFC Reserves
INTERMEDIATE TWO Appledore Lions, Braunton Fourths, Combe Martin Reserves, Hartland Reserves, Northam Lions Reserves, Putford Reserves, Woolsery Park Rangers, Holsworthy Reserves, Bradworthy Reserves, Torridgeside Thirds, Bridgerule, Shebbear Reserves, Bude Extras

Alterations to Rules – The following Rule codes were voted on and carried. 10G – amendment, 11A – amendment, ND13.3 – amendment, iv – amendment, The following rules were rejected. None Mandatory changes in accordance with the standard code – Rules Rule 8h, 13d and 20

Elections - All the current officers were declared re-elected unopposed. On the closure of nominations, the following members of last season’s Management Committee had submitted valid nominations for next season’s Committee and are therefore elected. B Fishleigh, M Saunders, P Sercombe, T. Alcock & H. D’Alberti-Nicholson No New nominations were accepted. B. Fishleigh was elected as Devon FA League Rep and Nick Beaumont (Auditor) was re-elected

Commencement and Conclusion of Playing Season - The season should commence on the penultimate Saturday in August (20th), and concludes on 31st May. Kick Off times 3pm August to October, 2.30pm November to March & 3pm April & May.

Any Other Business – No Other Business

The chair closed the meeting at 8.35pm.

Back to the top