North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette Football League North Devon Gazette Football League North Devon Gazette Football League Winners

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2016/17

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - May - June - AGM

September 2016

Present: -  D. Parish(Chair), M. Tattersall, T Cloak, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders,
Apologies: - B. Smale, A. Evans, P. Sercombe, R. Bates,
Absent: - H. D'Alberti Nicholson, A. Webster,

League Business

N.D.J.R.A.B: - LS advised the LMC that the North Devon Joint Referees Appointment Board payment has risen from £350 to £450, as Treasurer the LS advised that this rise is steep but is the unfortunate side of losing an independent cup & the Kingsley league, also the Youth league now have their own Referee Appointments Officer. LS advised that should things go any higher we may wish to consider appointing a Referee Appointments Officer of our own.

Appledore Reserves Withdrawal: - Appledore Reserves wished to withdraw their team but keep the 3rds in the intermediate division, Rob Bates on the request of the LS canvassed the member clubs to see if they were happy for the league to look into this and propose sanctions on the club. The Members clubs voted on the majority of yes. LS & Rob Bates looked at the registration forms supplied by Appledore and sanctioned the use of all the players. This was checked over the last 2 season playing records and the age of the players involved. The club has been sanction that they will not be permitted to register any players that ended the 2015/16 season as an Appledore Premier division player. Normal Registration and Transfer rules are permitted. Fully explanation was briefed to the LMC who ratified this decision.

League Sponsors: - LMC advised that the North Devon Journal will no longer be sponsoring the cup due to budget cuts. The North Devon Gazette has yet to pay this season sponsorship and has not confirmed the situation going forward in full as yet. MJM Sports are happy to continue to sponsor the Golden Boot/Glove competition but unfortunately there was a seriously poor turn out to this. LS suggested the sponsorships be put on the agenda for the next meeting where he hopes to have an update on the Gazette.

Albert Beer Memorial Shield: - The memorial shield was held on Friday 12th August at Appledore FC. The match was won by Braunton FC and the match raised £185 for the benevolent fund. LMC thanked the Referees, teams, spectators and Appledore FC for their great hospitality.

New Secretary Meetings: - LS has completed 2 new secretary meetings, one at the library with 7 secretaries and another at his home with 2 secretaries. All new secretaries have been through the meeting as per the league rules and are doing a great job to date.

Bude Extras withdrawal: - After the AGM Bude Extras withdraw from the league as they could not meet the league criteria.

Premier Facilities Check: - All new premier division clubs had their facilities checked to meet the premier standards. Boca Seniors new venue at Mill Road was also inspected. All clubs passed the inspection without issue.

League Managers & Referee Seminar: - This took place at Park School on Wednesday 10th August and the turn out from the clubs and the Referees was very good. LS feels this was a great success and another improvement to raising the standards of the league and bridging the gap between the clubs and the Referees. It should that everyone involved in the game all wanted the same things. LS would like to thank everyone who helped and especially Jason Haywood from Devon FA for a great presentation too.

Correspondence Received

Bideford CAFC: - An email was received from the club regarding the Appledore situation and they requested the LMC review this with a view to removing all players that played in the premier division last season. Full statements were read to the LMC. LMC declined to review this having ratified the decision feeling the decision was the best for football and to stop young players from playing for their chosen team because they had to fill in the premier team the season before would be unfair. Their playing records show they are not premier players.

Park Utd: - An email was received from the club regarding the situation at Appledore and they wish to explain why they voted No with the reasons behind this. They felt that with them being privy to more information than the league, the club has manipulated the situation in their favour. The club also offered suggestion moving forward. A full statement was read to the LMC. LMC confirmed that no review will take place and they take on board what the club has suggested but as a member club these should be suggested at Rule Revision time.

Luke Arkless: - An email was received from Luke Arkless requesting if the LMC could look at allowing him back playing football in the league this season by cutting his registration ban. Luke’s ban is until 05/06/17 and was for 3 years with a meeting with the LMC to allow him to register again. A statement was read to the LMC from Luke. LMC declined to review its original decision as it feels it will send the wrong signals by allowing to play a year early and Luke offered no evidence to support his statement but the LMC wished to open a discussion with Luke before the start of next season with a view to allowing him to register again.

Putford Referee Shower: - A report was received from a match official that the shower at Putford was not working, LS spoke to Putford who are now aware of the situation but was not at the time, they have put in place for it to be repaired ASAP. This has now been repaired.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1461
Transfers – 11

Of the 91 matches I have had teamsheets for, 71 additional players got on the pitch due to the new rule.

Fixture Business
None

LRO Business
5 Letters of Low Marking have been sent to Jason Haywood – Devon FA RDO
New Marking system seems to be working well with clubs soon getting used to the idea.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £24,093.50
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,513.00
                                        _____________
Total Balance                     £28.606.50

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges: -


Putford Res

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Combe Martin Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Dale Darch

Bradworthy Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Adam Osborne

Bradworthy Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Richard Hudson

Bradworthy Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Jack Damsell

Ilfracombe Third

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

Chittlehampton

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 27/08/16

Torrington

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Rob Hunt 27/08/16

Haxton Rangers

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 27/08/16

Putford

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 27/08/16

Registration Fines: -


Carlo Chandler

£10.00

Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule 10G

Dale Darch

£10.00

Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule 10G

Combe Martin Res

£10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Dale Darch

Bradworthy Res

£10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Adam Osborne

Bradworthy Res

£10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Richard Hudson

Bradworthy Res

£10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Jack Damsell

Ilfracombe Third

£5.00

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

Fixture Fines: -


Putford Res

£25.00

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Bideford Cafc Res

£10.00

Late Result - Rule 11

LRO Fines: -


Chittlehampton

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 27/08/16

Torrington

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Rob Hunt 27/08/16

Haxton Rangers

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 27/08/16

Putford

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 27/08/16

League Fines: -  


Equalizers

£25.00

Failure to attend AGM

Other Business

Charter Standard Update: - A free workshop for clubs has been organised on Match Day First Aid:
Management of cuts, knee, ankle and head injuries. It will take place on Wednesday 11 November at Braunton FC. 7pm to 9.30pm. Details will be emailed out to clubs.

Charter Standard Checks: - Soon the Charter standard committee will be checking on clubs with poor discipline

Referee Appointments: - NDJRAB saying that Referee numbers although look good, the amount available on some weekends are close to not being able to fill all games.

Referee Marking: - Ilfracombe Town advised that they are very happy with the new referee marking system and the managers find it easy to use.

Back to the top

October 2016

Present: -  A. Evans(Chair), D. Parish, M. Tattersall, A. Webster, T Cloak, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, P. Sercombe,
Apologies: - R. Bates,
Absent: - B. Smale, H. D'Alberti Nicholson,
Minutes of the meeting held September 2nd 2016 were approved and signed.

League Business

Rob Nichols: - League Chairman wished to open the meeting with a standing silence for the passing of Rob Nichols.

League Sponsors: - LMC advised that the North Devon Gazette has now paid this season’s sponsorship and after a conversation with editor Andy Keeble, he has requested if the league would allow him to find out the full situation and report back to the LS by the end of the year. LS suggested he meets with MJM Sports to discuss further options regarding the presentation dates and players losing their prizes for non-attendance. All the above was ratified by the LMC

Inter 2 League Cup: - LS proposed that the LMC think of a more permanent name for the NDJ Cup so it retains this name like the other 3 divisions, sponsorships can still be available on a ‘Sponsored By’ basis. It was proposed by Tony Cloak and seconded by Brian Fishleigh then unanimously agreed by the LMC to call the new cup “The Bill Smale Cup” This was the perfect way to honour Bill for everything he has done for local football and the league over many years of service.

Kingsley League: - Letter received from the Kingsley League requesting permission of the league to approach its clubs to advertise the 2 cup competitions it will be running. Letter was read in full to the LMC, however it was advised by a committee member to the LMC that the Kingsley League were looking to reform the league and poach the teams entering in this cup competition. LS advised that he is not worried about the Kingsley League and if it was found to be the case he would not hesitate to contact The FA to deal with. LMC ratified the permission for the Kingsley League to contact its member clubs and permission was granted for its clubs to enter these cups for this season only.

Correspondence Received

Referee Compliment: - An email was received from match official Mike Curtis wishing to note to the league that the reception he was given by Kilkhampton was very good. He was met on arrive, offered a refreshment before the game and was asked a couple of time if there was anything he needed. After the game the hospitality was great too.  A nice clean and empty changing room and both teams behaviour was good during the game and made for a great afternoon of football. LMC past on his thanks to the referee for emailing in and past his comments to Kilkhampton.

Referee Complaint: - An email was received from match official Mark Walker regarding the unacceptable standards of the pitch at Moreton Park for Bideford CAFC Res and also the poor behaviour shown by the club before, during and after the game. LS advised that the behaviour issue should be reported to Devon FA as it’s a discipline matter and the unacceptable standard of the pitch is his domain and as he played the game then we must presume the pitch was fine to play on? LS advised that if the pitch was unacceptable then the game should never have gone ahead. The referee needs to supply more information to the League if he is unhappy, clubs can be charged but ultimately it’s the referees responsibility to decide if the playing surface is fit for purpose.

Bideford CAFC: - An email was received from the club manager wishing to complain about a match official. LS advised that this is a matter for a letter of low marking but he can discuss this with the LRO but if he feels it serious then to contact Devon FA RDO.

Referee Shortage: - NDJRAB advised the league that on Saturday 24th September we maybe short of referees to fill all games. LS advised that the priority is to get all the cup games officiated as this will have a knock on effect, then Premier division league games as per normal procedure.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1638
Transfers – 38

Fixture Business
None

LRO Business
I would like to report the new scoring is a huge success. 421 marks have been entered in the system, with clubs offering some great feedback on our referees both positive & negative and what they expect from our officials.
We have had 13 marks of 60 or below, all reports of low letter markings have been processed and sent on to Devon County.
One referee has been removed from the premier panel for low club marks which was followed up with an assessment A big thank you for all the secretaries and managers for their involvement in our new marking system

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £23,983.00
Benevolent Fund                 £  4,513.00
                                  ______________
Total Balance                     £28.496.50

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges: -


Torridgeside Thirds

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

High Bickington

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

Lynton & Lynmouth

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Shebbear

Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - LRO Feedback Request

Barnstaple FC

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule ND 25.6 - Reece Gubbin

Bideford Cafc Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule ND 25.6 - Sam Hutchings

Stratton United

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND 25.6

Fremington Res

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND 25.6

Appledore Thirds

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - David Jenkins 24/09/16

Putford Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 24/09/16

Combe Martin

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Jay Brockbank 24/09/16

Park Rangers

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Colin Selley 24/09/16

Equalizers

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Ian Gilmore 24/09/16

Bideford Cafc

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 01/10/16

Torridgeside 3rds

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Bailey Walker 01/10/16

Boca Seniors

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Gary Suggate 01/10/16

Barnstaple FC

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Wayne Harrison 01/10/16

Northam Lions Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Mick Tattersall 01/10/16

Merton

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Brian Cutler 01/10/16

Registration Fines: -


Lynton & Lynmouth

£10.00

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Torridgeside Thirds

£5.00

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

High Bickington

£5.00

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

Barnstaple FC

£10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule ND 25.6 - Reece Gubbin

Bideford Cafc Res

£10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule ND 25.6 - Sam Hutchings

Fixture Fines: -


Stratton United

£25.00

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND 25.6

Fremington Res

£25.00

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND 25.6

LRO Fines: -


Appledore Thirds

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - David Jenkins 24/09/16

Putford Res

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 24/09/16

Combe Martin

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Jay Brockbank 24/09/16

Park Rangers

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Colin Selley 24/09/16

Equalizers

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Ian Gilmore 24/09/16

Bideford Cafc

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 01/10/16

Torridgeside 3rds

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Bailey Walker 01/10/16

Boca Seniors

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Gary Suggate 01/10/16

Barnstaple FC

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Wayne Harrison 01/10/16

Northam Lions Res

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Mick Tattersall 01/10/16

Merton

£10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Brian Cutler 01/10/16

League Fines: -  


Combe Martin Res

£30.00

Fine Trebled - Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Dale Darch

Bideford Cafc Res

£30.00

Fine Trebled - Late Result - Rule 11

Chittlehampton

£30.00

Fine Trebled - Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 27/08/16

Shebbear

£10.00

Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - LRO Feedback Request

Other Business

League Cup Finals: - LS proposed that to add value to the Cup Finals we start inviting members of the public who has had some involvement in local football but may or may not have not been recognised for this. We have a LMC member to host the invited guest plus 1, If the cup is sponsored then to invite the sponsor plus 1 also and all to be involved in the cup final handshake and man of the match selection. The league can offer hospitality to those involved in this. LMC ratified this

H. D'Alberti Nicholson: - It was mention in the meeting the LMC member Henry D’Alberti Nicholson has not attended the meeting for the 2nd time without sending in his apologies. LS advised he will contact Henry to see if everything is ok and hopefully he will be here at the next meeting or the LS will be able to advise on the situation.

Back to the top

November 2016

Present: -  A. Evans(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, T Cloak, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, P. Sercombe,
Apologies: - A. Webster,
Absent: - H. D'Alberti Nicholson, D. Parish,
Minutes of the meeting held October 7th 2016 were approved and signed.

League Business

H. D'Alberti Nicholson: - LS advised that he has emailed Henry requesting a response as to why he has missed the 2 meetings without tendering his apologies but unfortunately he has had no reply. LMC voted unanimously to remove Henry from the LMC with immediate effect.

MJM Sports Sponsorship: - LS had a email conversation with MJM Sports regarding the presentation evening and putting some rules in place, which MJM approved and thanked the LMC for its consideration. LS Proposed the following to be sent to all clubs and to be in place with immediate effect. LS read out his proposal. LS also advised a date on the presentation for 2017 that will be advised to all the clubs with the new rules. All the above was ratified by the LMC

The Bill Smale Cup: - LS asked the LMC if the league was prepared to buy a cup in for this and to add a plinth to the cup with the cup history from the 3 other cup  names on the top plaque and the new history underneath. LMC ratified this purchase and ask Bill Smale to choose the cup.

Correspondence Received

NDRA Rep: - NDRA has requested to the league to appoint a new NDRA Rep. LMC had discussed the NDRA rep and unanimously agreed that it was no longer required and an email was to be sent to the NDRA to explain the reasons behind this. All league business from the NDRA can go through the LRO.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1663
Transfers – 55

Fixture Business

LRO Business

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £23,983.00
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,513.00
                                           ­_______________
Total Balance                     £28.496.50

 

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges: - (20)


Appledore Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Mick Tattersall 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Barnstaple FC

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Bradworthy

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Braunton Thirds

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Justin Procter 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Georgeham & Croyde Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Derek Walter 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Haxton Rangers

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Lynton & Lynmouth

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Derek Walter 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

North Molton

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Pilton

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Jay Brockbank 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Putford Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Mickey Angell 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Shebbear Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Rob Hunt 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Torridgeside Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Woolsery

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Derek Walter 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Shamwickshire Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Daniel McGinley

Holsworthy Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Liam Mcdonald

Morwenstow Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Matthew Mansbridge

Combe Martin

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Mark Kerr

Combe Martin

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Dominic Bale

Holsworthy Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Steve Lewis

Fremington Res

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Louis Blackgrove

Registration Fines: - (10)


Shamwickshire Res

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Daniel McGinley

Holsworthy Res

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Liam Mcdonald

Morwenstow Res

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Matthew Mansbridge

Combe Martin

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Mark Kerr

Combe Martin

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Dominic Bale

Holsworthy Res

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Steve Lewis

Fremington Res

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Louis Blackgrove

Equalizers

 £ 10.00

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Putford Res

 £ 10.00

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Chittlehampton

 £ 10.00

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Fixture Fines: - (0)
None

LRO Fines: - (13)


Appledore Res

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Mick Tattersall 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Barnstaple FC

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Bradworthy

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Braunton Thirds

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Justin Procter 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Georgeham & Croyde Res

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Derek Walter 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Haxton Rangers

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Lynton & Lynmouth

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Derek Walter 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

North Molton

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Pilton

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Jay Brockbank 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Putford Res

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Mickey Angell 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Shebbear Res

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Rob Hunt 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Torridgeside Res

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Woolsery

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Derek Walter 22/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

League Fines: - (3)  


Lynton & Lynmouth

 £ 30.00

Fine Trebled - Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Stratton United

 £ 75.00

Fine Trebled - Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND 25.6

Park Rangers

 £ 30.00

Fine Trebled - Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Colin Selley 24/09/16 - Rule ND13.3

Other Business

Meeting: - As per previous seasons the LMC will not be meeting in December and would like to wish everyone involved in local football a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year,

Xmas Flowers: - LMC granted permission to Bill Smale to purchase the Xmas flowers as per previous years for any Wives of deceased LMC members.

League Business: - LMC granted the LS full powers of the League to deal with any urgent business until our next meeting in 2017. LS advised he would always consult with at least 2 others if the decision was a big one.

Back to the top

December 2016

There was no December meeting

Back to the top

January 2017

There was no January meeting

Back to the top

February 2017

Present: -  R. Bates (Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, A. Webster, T Cloak, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh,  M Saunders, P. Sercombe,
Apologies: - A. Evans
Absent: - D. Parish,
Minutes of the meeting held November 4th 2016 were approved and signed.

League Business

League Sponsorship: - LS now has had final confirmation from the Gazette that they will withdraw their sponsorship at the end of this season, Gazette editor Andy Keeble confirmed this has come from the top and is right across the company. He would also like to say how gutted he is to lose this sponsorship but wished to thank the League & LMC for all its hard work and efforts and will always be happy to assist the league were he can. LS to speak with Gazette regarding a sponsorship advert

H. D'Alberti Nicholson: - LS advised that Henry has since contacted the league to apologised for not being available for meeting and was going to resign due to being at university, he had every intention on coming to meetings still but unfortunately this did not happen. He wished the league the best of luck and thanks all the LMC for their hard work and making him feel welcomed. LMC thanks Henry for his letter and wishes him all the very best at university

MJM Sports Golden Boot/Glove Presentation evening: - Presentation evening will be help at MJM Sports on Thursday 6th July, refreshments at 6pm for a 6.30pm start. LS requests all LMC members look into being available for this presentation were possible.

MJM Sports Sponsorship: - MJM wished to proposed another sponsorship deal regarding fair play awards for a voucher for the winning club each month. LS advised on details supplied by MJM Sports. LS to speak with MJM Sports regarding rules around these awards

The Bill Smale Cup: - LS requested that someone be appointed to visit Trophyman with Bill to select a new trophy and plinth ready for the first final in April and also to ask Trophyman to get a price together for this season Trophies and Medals. LS advised he does not have the time to organise this.

League Secretary Issues: - LS advised the LMC that due to an increase in his work load in his normal job and now his new venture he is finding it increasingly difficult to fit everything in and have a life. Therefore, he is pre-warning the league that if he cannot get a new working pattern in place he will be left with no option but to stand down as LS. He feels he is letting the league down with everything being rushed and not his normal level of service. LS advised he has already resigned as Devon FA North Area Councillor due to the same reasons. He will advise the league if good time but if he does step down will remain in post for as long as he can until a replacement is found. LS wanted to stress this is only a thought he wanted to let everyone know straight away but he is hoping to be able to work something out.

Referee Course: - LS asked the LMC to consider maybe funding a new Referee Course in the Summer. Idea passed to LMC to discuss. LMC will look at this, with thoughts and ideas being brought to the next meeting

Abandoned Games: - Putford v Chivenor, game abandoned at half time (1-0) due to poor weather, Game to be replayed. Barnstaple FC v Georgeham & Croyde, game abandoned in the 71st minute (4-0) due to a player injury (G&C Goalkeeper), Game was requested as Score to stand. LMC ratified this decision

Bridgerule kit colour change: - Bridgerule request 2 new kits to be approved to use in the league. LS advised he approved 1 kit which was Yellow, but rejected the other and advised this kit must not be worn as it is almost black. Pictures shown to LMC. LMC ratified this decision

Putford FC Withdrawal: - LS read out a statement from Putford FC who withdrawn their reserve team on 09/01/17. Putford to be issued a fine as per league rules. LMC ordered Putford to be charged for withdrawing within the season and a fine was set.

Charitable Fund: - LS advised the LMC that in the last 14 days he has been approached by South Molton & Bradworthy requesting if the league would donate towards a charitable cause (more details explained). LS advised both clubs that the League did not do individual donations as it would be inundated with requests if it started doing this but it would always support the member clubs with promoting their cause or events. LS asked if the LMC had ever considered having a fund in place to donate to causes organised or opening up the benevolent fund to offer small donations for causes attached to a member club?  LMC will look at this, with thoughts and ideas being brought to the next meeting

LRO Laptop: - LS requested if the LMC would approve a purchase of a cheap laptop for the LRO to use as he has nothing at home, LS advised he has been doing all the scores this season but is finding this more difficult to do each week. LMC ratified this purchase

Correspondence Received

North Devon Council: - Emailed received from NDC confirming as of 01/01/17 the changing facilities at Rock Park will be in the full control of Park School and any changing room hire will need to be dealt with via them. This is the same for the Sports Hall & AWP.

Holsworthy Secretary: - Email was received from Holsworthy FC Chairman advising the league that secretary Ivor Philips has been dismissed and they are now looking to gain a replacement, Club Chairman Steve Lee is currently overseeing the secretary role
SWPL Applications: - Notification has been received from Ilfracombe Town FC & Braunton FC that they are applying to enter the SWPL for the 2017/18 season. The League would like to wish both clubs the best of luck with their application. LMC wish both clubs all the very best with their application and the league will support this 100%

Referees Room Complaint: - A complaint was received about the serious health hazard risk of the referees changing room at Northam Lions, LS has advised Phil Prouse about this who has replied that they have every intention of dealing with this at the end of the season but they have a meeting next week and he will bring it up again. Photos have been sent to Phil to look at. LS to speak with Northam Lions to get this sorted out ASAP.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1838
Transfers – 102

Fixture Business

LRO Business
Since the beginning of the season we as a league have received 30 letters of  low marking by our clubs concerning referees.
All reports are forwarded on to Devon County RDO which are dealt with accordingly.
If a referee receives 2 or more adverse reports throughout the season then they will be watched and given advice to enhance their game by a trained observer. Up to the end of January 5 referees have been observed and been given the necessary advice.
All marks have been sent out to all referees to give them an indication on how well they are doing involving club marks.
The current average league mark stands currently at 76

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £26,061.55
Benevolent Fund                                 £  4,718.00
                                                                        ­_______________
Total Balance                     £30,779.55

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges: - (42)
Appledore Lions £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Stuart Brockbank 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Appledore Lions £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Stuart Brockbank 17/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Appledore Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Ashley Harris 17/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Bideford Cafc Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kieron Jerrett 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Bideford Cafc Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Bailey Walker 17/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Bradworthy £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Gary Suggett 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Braunton Fourths £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Braunton Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Combe Martin £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Sam Smith 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Fremington £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 07/01/17 - Rule ND13.3
Fremington £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 10/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Georgeham & Croyde £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alfie Gomez 10/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Hartland Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Holsworthy Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kris Wegrzynowski 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Kilkhampton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Ashley Harris 26/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Merton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Graham Harris 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Morwenstow Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Matthew Farley 03/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Northam Lions £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Brian Cutler 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Putford Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Dave Williams 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Shamwickshire Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
South Molton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Stuart Brockbank 10/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Torrington £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 26/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Woolsery £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 07/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

Registration Fines: - (11)
North Molton £5.00 Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4
Pilton £5.00 Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4
South Molton £5.00 Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4
Haxton Rangers £10.00 Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - LRO Feedback Request
Landkey Res £25.00 Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND 25.6
Morwenstow Res £25.00 Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5
Lynton & Lynmouth £10.00 Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Jamie Mirow
Morwenstow Res £10.00 Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Ben Meaker
Putford Res £10.00 Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Jordan Ley
Torrington Res £20.00 Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule ND25.6 - Kia Dymond
Bideford CAFC £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0068
Braunton Fourths £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0081 - Rule 5H
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to inform the league of a temporary secretary - Rule 5(H)
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to inform the league of a player debt has been cleared - Rule 5(H)
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0072
Combe Martin £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0084 - Rule 5H
Haxton Rangers £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Not responding to charge - Rule 5(H)
Lynton & Lynmouth £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to supply Referee Mark - Rule 5(H)

Fixture Fines: - (2)
Landkey Res £25.00 Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND 25.6
Morwenstow Res £25.00 Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

LRO Fines: - (24)
Appledore Lions £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Stuart Brockbank 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Appledore Lions £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Stuart Brockbank 17/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Appledore Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Ashley Harris 17/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Bideford Cafc Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kieron Jerrett 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Bideford Cafc Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Bailey Walker 17/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Bradworthy £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Gary Suggett 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Braunton Fourths £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Braunton Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Combe Martin £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Sam Smith 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Fremington £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 07/01/17 - Rule ND13.3
Fremington £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 10/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Georgeham & Croyde £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alfie Gomez 10/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Hartland Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Holsworthy Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kris Wegrzynowski 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Kilkhampton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Ashley Harris 26/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Merton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Graham Harris 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Morwenstow Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Matthew Farley 03/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Northam Lions £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Brian Cutler 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Putford Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Dave Williams 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Shamwickshire Res £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 12/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
South Molton £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Stuart Brockbank 10/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Torrington £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 26/12/16 - Rule ND13.3
Woolsery £10.00 Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Sayer 07/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

League Fines: - (12)
Haxton Rangers £10.00 Failure to comply with an instruction - Rule 5(H) - LRO Feedback Request
Bideford CAFC £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0068
Braunton Fourths £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0081 - Rule 5H
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to inform the league of a temporary secretary - Rule 5(H)
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to inform the league of a player debt has been cleared - Rule 5(H)
Chittlehampton £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0072
Combe Martin £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to answer Charge N0084 - Rule 5H
Haxton Rangers £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Not responding to charge - Rule 5(H)
Lynton & Lynmouth £10.00 Failure to deal with League Business - Failing to supply Referee Mark - Rule 5(H)
Bideford Cafc £30.00 Fine Trebled - Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Justin Procter 05/11/16 - Rule ND13.3
Ewan Shaddick £30.00 Fine Trebled - Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule 10G
Putford Res £30.00 Fine Trebled - Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Mickey Angell 29/10/16 - Rule ND13.3

Other Business
None

Back to the top

March 2017 - Draft Minutes

Present: - D. Parish,(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, T Cloak, T. Alcock, M Saunders, P. Sercombe,
Apologies: - B. Fishleigh,             
Absent: - A. Evans
Minutes of the meeting held February 3rd 2017 were approved and signed.

League Business

League Sponsorship: - LS is meeting the Gazette on Thursday 9th Feb to discuss our sponsorship requirement being published in the paper.

MJM Sports Sponsorship: - MJM’s newest proposal for sponsorship regarding fair play awards as discussed last month. LS spoke with Terry who advised the rules can be set by the league before it launches. LMC ratified this new deal & thanked MJM Sports for the organisation of this.

Referee Course: - LS asked the LMC to consider maybe funding a new Referee Course in the Summer as per the last meeting. A discussion took place with Bill Smale advising all these things and those being dealt with by the LRO should be a matter for DCFA. LS advised that there is more to the LRO than what he sees in the Referee committee minutes at DCFA and advised we are doing what’s best for North Devon football & not waiting for DCFA. LMC agreed for the LS to speak more to Jason Haywood to plan a Referee Course to be ran at the end of the season for the NDFL and to future proof its pool of Referees.

Charitable Fund: - Following last month’s meeting, LS advised the LMC that in the last 14 days he has been approached by South Molton & Bradworthy requesting if the league would donate towards a charitable cause. A discussion was had. LMC agreed this is something they could consider on a case by case basis providing the request came from a member club and the donation would come via the league fund. Should the league get too many requests it will consider further rules and budget.

Northam Lions Referees Room: - LS visited Northam Lions and inspected the Referees room, it is a vast improvement to what the pictures had shown from the complaint. Phil Prouse apologised about the state but admitted he was unaware and the referee was right to complain. This has all now been cleaned up and a new extractor fitted. The ceiling area will be kept on top off to remain clean until the close season where work will be carried out. LS was satisfied with this room as it was and advised the LMC accept this matter as closed until the start of next season where it will be inspected again.

New Secretary Meeting: - This meeting was held on Thursday 23rd as the LS home for Mark Tucker (Fremington) and Steve Lee (Holsworthy).

Cup Final Reminders: - All host clubs have been emailed to confirm they are still OK to host a final. LMC are reminded to please try and attend a minimum of 2 of the 4 finals. LS will email all clubs asking for names to be put forward as a special guest for each final, the host club will also be asked too with hospitality supplied by the league & host club. Bill Smale Cup Final - 22nd April 7.30pm – Ilfracombe Town (Marlborough Park), Arlington Cup Final - 29th April 7.30pm – Torrington (Vicarage Field), Combe Martin Cup Final - 6th May 6.30pm – Combe Martin (Hollands Park), Brayford Cup Final - 13th May 7.30pm – Bideford AFC (Sports Ground)

League Medals & Trophies: - Bill Smale organised the purchase of this seasons medals & Trophies will only a small rise in costs. LS to speak with Trophyman to make sure everything is in place on time.

Correspondence Received

Ashwater FC: - Ashwater FC have emailed to request information on possibly joining the league in the 2017/18 season. Information passed on by LS and they will be sent an entry form in due course.

Barnstaple Library: - Barnstaple Library have informed the league that their room hire charges will increase from the 1st April 2017 to £10 per hour for the Henry Williamson Suite for non-profit organisations like ours. LS advised this would not affect us until next season as he had already booked the entire season already.

Registration Business
Registrations - 1878
Transfers – 124

Fixture Business
None

LRO Business
I am now reading all adverse reports sent in by clubs, through my experience I have obtained as an observer, if I feel these reports do not obtain the information that our RDO requires I will and have returned them to clubs to complete again. The RDO has asked me to carry out 4 observations on referees who have received low letter of marking form our clubs, which will be carried out within the next 4 weeks.
LRO advised if any club has a problem or incident involving a referee, please contact him directly, and he will respond to you to discuss any problems. Referees problems is my remit not the League secretary’s.
There are still some clubs getting fined for not sending in referee’s marks.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £26,206.55
Benevolent Fund                 £  4,718.00
                                     ­_______________
Total Balance                     £30,924.55

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges: - (16)


Georgeham & Croyde

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

Georgeham & Croyde

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Matt Gentle

Bideford CAFC Res

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Combe Martin Res

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Torridgeside Thirds

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Georgeham & Croyde

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Lynton & Lynmouth

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Justin Procter 18/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Equalizers

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Chris Obrien 18/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Combe Martin

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 11/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Hartland Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 11/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Pilton

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Dave Jenkins 11/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Georgeham & Croyde

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 04/02/17  - Rule ND13.3

Haxton Rangers

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Brian Cutler 28/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

North Molton Res

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 28/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

Northam Lions

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 21/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

Pilton

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 21/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

Registration Fines: - (6)


Clovelly

 £ 10.00

Signing for 2 Clubs - Rule 10G (Nathan Richards U18)

Georgeham & Croyde

 £   5.00

Team Sheet Clerical Errors - Rule ND8.4

Georgeham & Croyde

 £ 10.00

Playing An Ineligible Player - Rule 8 (O) - Matt Gentle

Holsworthy Res

 £ 10.00

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Shamwickshire

 £ 10.00

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Putford

 £ 10.00

Late Teamsheet - Rule 11

Fixture Fines: - (4)


Bideford CAFC Res

 £ 25.00

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Combe Martin Res

 £ 25.00

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Torridgeside Thirds

 £ 25.00

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

Georgeham & Croyde

 £ 75.00

Failure to fulfil fixture - Rule ND10.5

LRO Fines: - (10)


Lynton & Lynmouth

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Justin Procter 18/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Equalizers

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Chris Obrien 18/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Combe Martin

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 11/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Hartland Res

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Fred Saunders 11/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Pilton

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Dave Jenkins 11/02/17 - Rule ND13.3

Georgeham & Croyde

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Scott Hill 04/02/17  - Rule ND13.3

Haxton Rangers

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Brian Cutler 28/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

North Molton Res

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Alan Webster 28/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

Northam Lions

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 21/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

Pilton

 £ 10.00

Failure to supply Referee's Mark - Kevin Capps-Jenner 21/01/17 - Rule ND13.3

League Fines: - (1)  


Putford Res

 £ 25.00

Failure To Start/Complete Fixtures - Rule 14(B)

Other Business

John Fry:- Rob Bates has been approached by Paul Fry who had mentioned a while ago about a trophy on behalf of his father, the late John Fry. Rob informed him that when he had the request he would pass it to the management committee. He was happy for the League to select what they wanted to use it for. Rob had previously suggested something along the lines of discipline. Awaiting a letter from Paul Fry ready for the next LMC meeting.

Semi Final Referee Assistants:- NDRAB advised the appointment of Semi Final Referee Assistants maybe possible in some cases this season and advised as per previous season this will start in the Premier division downwards but League fixtures will take priority. All semi final fees for Referees & Assistants are to be split between both clubs as per league rules.

Referee Training:- Pete Sercombe offered to help referees with feedback or additional training on sections of their low marking where appropriate. This is something that could be considered if needed and Pete was thanked for his offer.

Back to the top

April 2017

Present: - D. Parish(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, A. Webster, T Cloak, M Saunders, B. Fishleigh,
Apologies: -  P. Sercombe,           
Absent: - A. Evans, T. Alcock
Minutes of the meeting held March 3rd 2017 were approved and signed.

League Business

League Sponsorship: - Nothing to report from the piece in the Gazette. Will now advertise on website & Social Media

MJM Sports Sponsorship: - Press Release. LS requested the Chairman put something together for this on behalf of the league. As the Chairman was away DP would speak with AL regarding this.

Cup Final Reminders: - Bill Smale Cup Final - 22nd April 7.30pm – Ilfracombe Town (Marlborough Park), Arlington Cup Final - 29th April 7.30pm – Torrington (Vicarage Field), Combe Martin Cup Final - 6th May 6.30pm – Combe Martin (Hollands Park), Brayford Cup Final - 13th May 7.30pm – Bideford AFC (Sports Ground)

Special Guests: - Unfortunately only 1 host club contacted the league to nominate some special guests, no other nominations were put forward. LS advised he was a bit disappointed that the clubs don’t feel anyone in their club could have been put forward but has a couple of ideas himself and hopefully next season the clubs might put some forward. LMC also suggest guests.

Meeting Venue: - LS asked if the LMC had an objection for the possibility of moving venues for LMC meetings. LS advised the LMC on his thoughts about this.

Abandoned Game: - High Bickington v Merton, game was abandoned around the 50th minute due to adverse weather conditions making the surface unplayable and player safety was a risk. Score was 1-0 Merton. Both teams were happy to rearrange this game and praised the Referee for taking the action he did for the safety of players. LS advised he allowed them to rearrange this game as both clubs requested it. This decision was ratified by the LMC

John Fry Trophy: - A letter was read from the family of the late Jon Fry requesting we have a trophy in his name with a suggestion it was for discipline. LMC unanimously agree to have a John Fry Memorial Shield and incorporate it into the new MJM/Joma Fair Play Award.

Landkey Town Reserves Withdrawal: - Landkey advised the league on the 25th March that they had to withdraw their reserve team due to a lack of player commitment. LMC discussed and fined Landkey.

NDRA: - An EGM was held to see if the NDRA could bring in new people to take over. Unfortunately, no one came forward so the NDRA is currently is suspension until a time it can be restarted. 3 Referee came forward to form a social committee to get Referees to meet with a view to restarting the RA. LS & LRO attended the meeting, LS was asked about having a representative on the NDFL if the RA was to continue, LS advised it would certainly be up for discussion and he would happily take it to the LMC if this did happen in the future but until that time the LRO is the point of contact for all Referee matters.

New Charges & Fines System: - New online system which makes it easier for Club Secretaries to respond to charges without the need to open to copy & past option, very straight forward with great feedback so far. League Secretaries can now issue charges directly to the clubs themselves.

Correspondence Received

Teams Requesting to enter: - Ashwater FC, Woolacombe and Appledore Thirds have emailed to request information on possibly joining the league in the 2017/18 season.

Holsworthy Res: – Email requesting if we can move the dates for the Bill Smale Cup, LS advised this would not happen and were ratified at the AGM. Dates would only be moved in very serious cases were the league had no control or option.

Hartland: - Email received from Hartland to complain about their fixtures, Letter read to the LMC

Devon FA RDO: - New FA rule to allow Referees to choose any coloured top to wear but it will be the Referees responsibility to change colour if it clashes, this does not change the clubs kit choices as clubs will still not be permitted to wear black or dark coloured kits. Devon FA has requested all its affiliated leagues to use the colour green as the alternative colour to black for any games were there are official appointed assistant referees, so therefore it will be Black or Green kits.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1952
Transfers – 151

Registration & Transfer business closed 31st March

Fixture Business
None

LRO Business
New league laptop now enables me to now process the referee scores and takes away this extra work of Mick. (Thanks Mick)
It has now been passed by the referee’s committee at Devon FA that commencing the season of 2017-18, all leagues will follow in our footsteps and will be adopting the fitness test for referees wishing to participate on their premier division.
I believe we as a League are now leading from the front.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £27,046.55
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,718.00
                                   ­_______________
Total Balance                     £31,764.55

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Charges: - (22)


Putford

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Shebbear

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Braunton

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Torrington

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Shebbear

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Woolsery

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Morwenstow

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Braunton

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Shamwickshire

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Combe Martin

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Torrington

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Barnstaple FC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Equalizers

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Appledore Lions

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Sporting Barum

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Hartland

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Northam Lions

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

Haxton Rangers

ND 25.6 - ineligible players/failing to play tie

Sporting Barum

ND 25.6 - ineligible players/failing to play tie

Lynton & Lynmouth

ND 10.5 - failure to fulfil fixture

North Molton Sports Club

ND 10.5 - failure to fulfil fixture

North Molton Sports Club

ND 10.5 - failure to fulfil fixture

Registration Fines: - (2)


 £     20.00

Haxton Rangers

ND 25.6 - ineligible players/failing to play tie

 £     20.00

Sporting Barum

ND 25.6 - ineligible players/failing to play tie

Fixture Fines: - (4)


 £     10.00

Combe Martin

11 - Late Result

 £     25.00

Lynton & Lynmouth

ND 10.5 - failure to fulfil fixture

 £     75.00

North Molton Sports Club

ND 10.5 - failure to fulfil fixture

 £     25.00

North Molton Sports Club

ND 10.5 - failure to fulfil fixture

LRO Fines: - (16)


 £     10.00

Appledore Lions

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Barnstaple FC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Braunton

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Braunton

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Combe Martin

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Equalizers

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Morwenstow

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Northam Lions

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Putford

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Shamwickshire

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Shebbear

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Shebbear

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Sporting Barum

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Torrington

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Torrington

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

 £     10.00

Woolsery

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

League Fines: - (1)  


 £     30.00

Holsworthy

5 (I) - failure to pay a fine within 21 days of notice

 £     30.00

Kilkhampton

5 (I) - failure to pay a fine within 21 days of notice

Other Business

Tannoy System: – LMC agreed to the proposal made by the LS to purchase a Tannoy System to use in cup finals. DP will advise MT on the system they have for the Torridge Cup.

Viz Vests: - LMC agreed to the proposal made by the LS to purchase some high visibility vest to use in cup finals from MJM Sports.

Rules Revision: - LS advised the next meeting will incorporate the Rules Revision meeting ready for the AGM

New LMC Members: - LS requested all LMC members think of inviting new blood into the league especially people connected to member clubs or independent. LS said he has a few people he made contact regarding this.

Back to the top

May 2017

Present: - A. Evans(Chair), D. Parish, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, T. Alcock, M Saunders, B. Fishleigh, P. Sercombe,           
Apologies: -  T Cloak, A. Webster, B. Smale,
Absent: -
Minutes of the meeting held April 7th 2017 were approved and signed.

League Business

League Sponsorship: - Chairman advised he has a contact who may be interested, he will ask.

MJM Sports Sponsorship: - Update from MJM Sports, the voucher for £100 will now be in the form of a voucher that they can use in a separate online store, this will also give them the option to part spend and part save.

League AGM: - LS proposes the League AGM 2017 be held on the Thursday 29th June starting at 6.30pm at The Park Community School as per previous years. This was agreed by the LMC

John Fry Memorial Shield: - John Fry’s family would like to thank the league for a very fitting tribute to him. MJM have been advised regarding the shield and they responded with the shield is very fitting and will be an honour for all concerned.

Temporary Dismissals: - LMC discussed the option for the league to trial temporary dismissals (Sin Bin) in the 2017/18 season, this was very short notice and a answer had to be back to the FA very quickly. LMC committee agreed to accept the offer

FA Cup Final Tickets: - We have been allocated 2 pairs of tickets, 1 pair for Chelsea and 1 pair for Arsenal. LS has created a online ballot Entry form for those that are interested in the draw. This is less time consuming as we know people are interested in the tickets before we draw them out. Tickets went to Chivenor & Chittlehampton

Correspondence Received

Teams Requesting to enter: - Ashwater FC, Woolacombe and Eastside (former U16), Member clubs wishing to add additional teams are Appledore Thirds, Bridgerule Reserves, Bideford C AFC Thirds. Currently no club/team has informed they are withdrawing from the League. League Currently has 7 available slots. League Manager Interviews will be arranged before the next LMC meeting.

Kingsley League: – Email requesting permission for the North Devon League Clubs to enter in their 2 cup competitions again for the 2017/18 season. LMC granted permission for next season

Hartland/Clovelly: - Email received to confirm that Devon FA have given the all clear for the 2 clubs to merge and become Hartland Clovelly FC, the new club is wishing to keep both Hartland Teams and the Clovelly team in their respected divisions. 1st Premier, Res Inter 1 & 3rds Inter 2. LMC confirmed that they are in full support of this for the best interests of Football but will advise that should the club part again, Clovelly will return to the division the new Reserve team is in.

Barnstaple FC: - Email received requesting that if they are in a relegation position and the option is to save them from relegation arises they respectfully request the league don’t apply it and allow them to be relegated for the best interest of their club. LMC advised they will look in to this in the best interest of Football

Torridgeside: - Email received from Torridgeside requesting if the availability is there, could they be considered for promotion to the Premier division. They would like a chance to compete at the highest level and would help with feeding new players to their first team. LMC advised they will look into this request should the team finish high enough and a slot is available.

Torrington FC: - Complaint from the club regarding Equalizers not staying behind for the cup final food they have laid on for them. Torrington feel that could should be made to stay after these games or be charged with failing to deal with league business. LS advised he makes it perfectly clear on the email sent to all the finalist that food is laid on and we expect them to stay behind for it. LMC advise that they could not impose a charge/fine for this but agree with Torrington that something needs to be done. LS advised he can reword his email to request the club advise him if they are not intending to stay for food afterwards within 7 days, failing to advise him of this can lead to a charge of failing to deal with league business.

South Molton: - Email received from South Molton advising that Dave Filer has stepped down as secretary with immediate effect, Paul Williams has now taken charge. Paul has been advised he needs a new secretary meeting by LS advised he is happy for this to happen after the AGM now and will support Paul when needed.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1952
Transfers – 151

Registration & Transfer business closed 31st March

Fixture Business
None

LRO Business
None

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £25,149.73
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,718.00
                                       ­_______________
Total Balance                     £29,867.73

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines: - (3)
£5.00   Chittlehampton                                    11 (A) & 11 (C) - late team sheet
£5.00   Bideford Community AFC      11 (A) & 11 (C) - late team sheet
£25.00 Torrington                                8 (C) - fielding more than the permitted number of players who have participated in
senior competitions matches
Fixture Fines: - (1)
£25.00 Landkey Town                                    14 (B) - failure to start/complete fixtures

LRO Fines: - (3)
£10.00 Hartland                                   13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark
£10.00 Holsworthy                              13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark
£10.00 Shebbear United                      13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

League Fines: - (1)  
£50.00 Fremington                              ND 18.1 & ND 18.2 - trophy return
£50.00 Torridgeside                             ND 18.1 & ND 18.2 - trophy return
£30.00 Woolsery                                 5 (I) - failure to pay a fine within 21 days of notice

Other Business

Tannoy System: – LMC agreed to the proposal made by the LS to purchase a Tannoy System to use in cup finals. DP will advise MT on the system they have for the Torridge Cup.

Viz Vests: - LMC agreed to the proposal made by the LS to purchase some high visibility vest to use in cup finals from MJM Sports.

New LMC Members: - LS requested all LMC members think of inviting new blood into the league especially people connected to member clubs or independent. LS said he has a few people he made contact regarding this.

Combe Martin Cup Final: - LS advised he had received information regarding a couple of incidents at the Combe Martin Cup Final. A statement was received from the Referee which was read to the LMC but part of this matter will be dealt with by Devon FA. The Referee advised that the pitch was not correctly marked out and the Referee changing room had no lighting. LRO wrote in advising maybe it is time to remove this cup final from Combe Martin to a better venue it deserves. LMC unanimous agreed that although this is not acceptable, it is only the 1st incidence of this type and with the history involved in this cup it feels a warning should be sufficient enough at this stage. No complaints came from either clubs, the host club or any supporters watching the game. LS advised he had spoken with both the Referee & Assistant Referee involved in this game too.

Back to the top

June 2017

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

AGM 2017

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top