North Devon Football League
North Devon Football League North Devon Football League North Devon Football League Winners

North Devon Association Football League - Management Committee Minutes

Season 2017/18

September - October - November - December - January - February - March - April - May - June - AGM

September 2017

Present: - R. Bates(Chair), B. Smale, M. Tattersall, A. Webster, T Cloak, T. Alcock, B. Fishleigh, P. Hayes, S. Sayer         
Apologies: -  D. Todd, D. Parish, M Saunders,
Absent: - A. Evans. P. Sercombe,
Minutes of the meeting held June 2nd 2017 were approved to be published on the League Website as correct.

League Business
New LMC Members: - LMC welcomed our 2 new LMC members, Scott Sayer and Paul Hayes and LS advised that unfortunately due to a previously booked arrangement Darren Todd was unable to attend.

League AGM: - AGM went very well although we did not have the League Chairman, Vice Chairman or President in attendance, thanks to Rob for stepping in at short notice to chair the meeting. No issues and nothing to report.

Sporting Barum Withdrawal: - In accordance to league rules the LMC agreed to fine the club £100 & retain all other fees paid.

New Secretary Meeting: - 9 new secretaries have completed the new secretary meeting with a further 3 to be arrange over the next 14 days.

Correspondence Received
Library Room Booking: - Library has given notice that from January 2018 all booking past 7pm will incur an additional staffing charge. LS has advised he will look for another location as the staffing charge was £15 per hour extra. LS to look for a new venue.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1640
Transfers – 6

Fixture Business
Games Played – 99
Games Postponed - 3

LRO Business
LRO opened up his report by thanking Mick Tattersall for his help in the closed season for the recruitment of new referees and with some referees coming back this certainly has helped our league. We lost several referees at the end of last season due to different reasons. Recruitment was good with 6 new referees onboard.
Since August 19th his team of observers have carried out 4 observations on referees, one of those was a promotion observation and 3 was advisory observations which he was asked to carry out due to low reports given by clubs by county.
This season he has received 16 low marking reports by clubs which have been sent to our RDO and will be dealt with over the coming weeks.
LRO advised how disappointed with how late the county cup appointments of referees have taken.
Referee Dave Williams injured himself during a game, LRO asked the committee if he could claim any money from our league benevolent fund. LMC agreed that they would definitely look at helping a Referee if needed and the LRO should fill in the forms to request this on his behalf as a club secretary would for a player.
Tony Butler due to his knees can no longer referee, so to not lose his experience and knowledge of local football will be going out every week looking at different referees mainly new ones trying to pick parts of their game to hopefully enhance future performances and make them better referees. LRO also asked if it's possible for Tony to join our committee to give us fresh blood and maybe new ideas. LMC was more than happy to agree to this and Co-opt Tony on the committee.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                        £27,392
Benevolent Fund                  £  4,618
                                         ­___________
Total Balance                     £32,010

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines: - (5)

£10.00

Braunton FC

8 (O) - playing an ineligible player

£10.00

Georgeham & Croyde AFC

8 (O) - playing an ineligible player

£10.00

Morwenstow

8 (O) - playing an ineligible player

£100.00

Northam Lions

ND 8.3 - playing under an assumed name

£10.00

Ashwater FC

8 (B) - failure to correctly register a player

Fixture Fines: - (0)

LRO Fines: - (0)

League Fines: - (0)  

Other Business
John Fry Shield: - All complete. Paul Fry had paid for the shield, was very happy with it and delivered it to the Registration Secretary. The award would be presented to the team with the best discipline record and Paul would like to attend the AGM for the presentation.

Whole Game System: - A discussion took place on the new system. Various issues had occurred but it appeared that he FA were getting on top of these now. Clubs had been directed to the player registration site where there were guides and online sessions to help them. The referees were reporting speed issues and were urged to report as the FA may not be aware. The consensus was that once you got acquainted with the system it was quite simple.

Monthly Discipline Award: - The Registration Secretary would liaise with MJM Sports to establish a start for the award. The Whole Game System was able to produce discipline tables for each division for the official record.  

Albert Beer Memorial Shield: - Bill Smale requested why the shield was not available for presentation on this year’s game, LS apologised for this and advised as this was not on a trophy agreement it had slipped his mind as he thought Rob Bates had it and vice versa. LS advised that we will be looking into the trophy agreements to make them easier to get filled out by clubs and will add all trophies to this. Dave Parish arranged for flowers to be sent to Albert’s family as an apology from the league.

Back to the top

October 2017

Present: - A. Evans(Chair), D. Parish, M. Tattersall, R. Bates, T Cloak, B. Fishleigh, D. Todd, M Saunders, P. Hayes, S. Sayer, T. Alcock, P. Sercombe, T Butler    
Apologies: - B. Smale, A. Webster
Absent: -
Minutes of the meeting held September 1st 2017 were approved to be published on the League Website as correct.

League Business
New LMC Members: - LMC welcomed our 2 new LMC members, Darren Todd and Tony Butler to the meeting.

Alcohol at Matches: - LS advised he had a report from a concerned Referee regarding 2 games he had seen alcohol being consumed at the side of the pitch. LS looked into this and found there is not official rule he could see at our level but guidelines to follow. This was sent to all Clubs and Referees to advise the situation and that if this was a problem at a game then it needs reporting to Devon FA as a discipline matter.

New Secretary Meeting: - Last 3 new secretaries have now completed this meeting as required by league rules.

Sporting Barum Fine: - LS requests the LMC look at this again. Sporting Barum withdrew before the Fixtures were released but after the AGM, therefore they come under Rule 14A which is £50. We fine them based on Rule14B which is up to £250. LMC agreed to reissue this fine as advised by the LS under Rule 14A.

League Benevolent Fund: - All feedback from clubs has been supportive of including our Referees into this system as they believe the Referees are a part of the football family and should have the help if needed. DT asked would this cover a league official or is it only players. LS said he would like to think the League Officers would look at each case individually and help anyone involved in the game if needed. LMC agreed with this.

Correspondence Received
Respect Marks: - Email received from Ashley Harris who is part of Devon FA and also one of our Referees. Passing on his feedback for the respect handshake. He thinks it’s a great idea and well received so far. He asked if the league would consider bringing in Respect Marks giving the Referee’s the ability to mark clubs. LS advised he would pass this to the LMC but his initial thoughts would be maybe something to look at in our forward planning. A discussion took place with positives and negatives, it was pointed out that this was something we tried before with little sucess but is something we can revisit when needed.

Braunton FC: - Emailed received from Braunton FC regarding their disappointment with Combe Martin FC. There arrived at 1.50pm but did not get access to the changing rooms until 2.27pm and not getting the team sheet until 2.56pm for a 3pm kick off is not acceptable. LS has advised this to Combe Martin requesting the club get the necessary arrangements in place as club expect access to the facilities a minimum 1 hour before kick-off and the team sheet in good time as the Referee needs the information 10 minutes before kick-off as per league rules. LMC was happy with what the LS advised but this has been noted if it happens again.

North Devon Council: - Email received from Richard Slaney asking if the league would support the use of a 3G pitch and its use for home games. Also would the league be interested in having some flexible slots to utilise the pitch for maybe some Friday night football under lights? LS advised that we do allow the use of 3G pitches but as a home pitch may bring in additional problems with teams with insufficient footwear, the Friday night football can be discussed as an option closer to the time. LMC agreed they would be supportive of anything that improves facilities and would happily talk more if and when needed.

Registration Business
Registrations -  1794
Transfers – 25

Fixture Business

LRO Business
The League has currently had 32 adverse reports sent in by clubs. 11 referees has had two or more adverse reports for marks for 60 or below.
LRO sent an email to our a RDO to advise him which referees needed to be observed due to low marks, also in that email was a reminder that our 6 newly qualified referees needed a mentor.
At present Tony Butler and Tony Cloak are currently going out and about looking at these new referees to show them that they have support from our League.
The league committee had agreed to traveling expenses for any off the LRO’s team who are willing to go out and look at any referee new or old who seem to be struggling with any issues regarding refereeing. The league will pay travelling cost of 30p per mile to and from the game appointed by LRO.
With having League cup games so close to county cup games is causing big problems for Fred Saunders when appointing. LRO requested that next season all league cup fixtures are played at a later date, this was agreed by the LMC. LRO also advised the full Time website needs updating more regular so secretaries and referees can arrange their calendars and give Fred a fighting chance.

Treasurers Report

League Fund                  £26,552
Benevolent Fund             £  5,020
                                    ___________
Total Balance               £31,572

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines: - (3)

£5.00

Bideford C AFC

11 (A) & 11 (C) - late team sheet

£5.00

Bideford C AFC

11 (A) & 11 (C) - late team sheet

£10.00

Combe Martin

8 (O) - playing an ineligible player

Fixture Fines: - (0)

LRO Fines: - (14)

£10.00

Ashwater FC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Bideford C AFC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Bridgerule

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Bridgerule

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Chittlehampton

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Chivenor FC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Combe Martin

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Combe Martin

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Georgeham & Croyde AFC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Ilfracombe Town

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Kilkhampton

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Shamwickshire Rovers

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Torrington FC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Torrington FC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

League Fines: - (0) 

Other Business
Charter Standard/Respect:- The LMC had received a communication from Devon FA regarding Respect incidents (eg, dissent, violent conduct, abusive language) and what level our clubs were at. They were requesting what action we would like to take regarding teams approaching certain levels to be proactive rather than penalise. The LMC were very supportive of a proactive approach to this issue. It became apparent from club representatives that maybe not all clubs were aware of the stages and in particular the fines at each level. Therefore it was agreed that the LMC are happy for a warning letter to be sent to the two clubs that have started this season with Respect incidents but would also like something sent to all our clubs outlining the stages etc and what may happen if those stages are reached. The examples used with other leagues are agreeable. It was stated that our league does not have significant issues with any team but identifying possible problems at an early stage was a better approach than letting it happen.

Fixtures Secretary Issues:- Following on from the LRO & RAO concerns on the Full Time updates, LS also advised that there is a lot of games still postponed and 5 fixtures with walkovers were no charges has been raised by the FS. Chairman advised he would speak with Alan Webster to find out what was going on. LS advised that if the FS needs support he needs to ask as this situation is causing the other officers/secretaries more work answering emails from clubs who are not being answered by the FS

Back to the top

November 2017

Present: - A. Evans(Chair), D. Parish, M. Tattersall,, T Cloak, B. Fishleigh, M Saunders, S. Sayer,  T. Alcock, T. Butler    
Apologies: - B. Smale, P. Hayes, P. Sercombe,
Absent: - R. Bates, A. Webster, D. Todd,
Minutes of the meeting held October 6th 2017 were approved to be published on the League Website as correct.

League Business

Abandoned Game - Appledore Thirds v Hartland Clovelly Thirds:- Game abandoned by the Referee at 0-2 in the 60th minute due to adverse weather conditions. Statements read from the Referee and both clubs to the LMC. Appledore request a replay and Hartland Clovelly request score to stand. LMC ordered this game to be replayed.

Barnstaple FC:- Barnstaple FC has requested the LMC look into the possibility of them withdrawing their 1st team from the Premier division. LS read out the statement provided by Barnstaple FC and a discussion took place. LMC advised the LS to contact Barnstaple FC and advise they would not support this, the League offered relegation before the start of the season but this was refused, instead opting to stay in the Premier where the club advised they would be fine.

Correspondence Received

Georgeham & Croyde Changing Facilities: - Emailed received from Braunton FC regarding a health & safety concern at Georgeham & Croyde FC. Their changing rooms have no light which made it impossible change safely and no lock on the door to secure belongings. LS has advised this to Georgeham & Croyde who responded with a statement (read to LMC). LS advised the club as this seems a more long term issue.with the electrics then they need to put some temporary lighting and a lock in place to such time it gets dealt with by the council. LS requested they respond with an action plan with 7 days. LS shows LMC action plan, LMC accept the action plan provided and will monitor the situation. They also thanked the club secretary for a very concise and presentable action plan.

Inter League Tournament:- Email received from Devon FA regarding their week on Football showcase in May 2018, as part of this they are wishing to run a small inter league football tournament on Monday 21st May. LS then advised fully details from the email provided. LMC advised the LS to contact all member clubs to pass this information to their managers to see if any are interested in running this. Also to contact Devon FA regarding the kick off timings for more information.

Secretaries Stepped Down:- Andy Comerford has stepped down for Bideford CAFC with Neil Blackburn stepping in as interim secretary and Scott has stepped down from Woolacombe FC and been replaced by Michael O’Connell. Both clubs have been notified to supply full details to update our records and new secretaries meetings will need to take place. The League wishes both gentlemen all the very best in their future endeavours.
 
Registration Business
Registrations -  1884
Transfers – 53

Fixture Business

LRO Business
At the beginning of October I sent an email to all referees reminding them it’s their responsibility to confirm when a club contacts regarding a fixture, all I would expect are words like “all noted thanks”. This then let’s the secretaries know that a referee will be turning up. This saves silly phone calls on a Friday night from worried secretaries
I sent out an email to our RDO asking about mentors for our new referees and asking him about any information about low marking referees.
9 referees will be observed over the coming weeks due to low markings so I can assure clubs the system is working.
On Monday I attended a council meeting regarding the new fitness test, it has now been decided to introduce the fitness test to all referees throughout Devon who wish to referee premier football. This was down to the success in the way we as the north pioneered the fitness test we as a League should be proud of ourselves in this big step.
I thanked Tony Butler for his work in helping me watching new and old referees, giving them feedback and advice on how to enhance future performances

Treasurer's Report

League Fund                        £27,182
Benevolent Fund                  £  5,020
                                           ___________
Total Balance                     £32,202

General Financial Business (All previous fines paid to date)

Registration Fines: - (1)


£5.00

Bideford C AFC

11 (A) & 11 (C) - late team sheet

Fixture Fines: - (0)

LRO Fines: - (6)


£10.00

Appledore

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Bideford C AFC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

North Molton

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

South Molton FC

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Woolsery

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

£10.00

Woolsery

13 (H) - failure to provide referee’s mark

League Fines: - (2) 


£10.00

South Molton FC

5 (H) - failure to comply with an instruction of the management committee

£10.00

Woolsery

5 (H) - failure to comply with an instruction of the management committee

Other Business

Fixtures Secretary Update :- The League Chairman advised the situation with Alan Webster from the conversations he has had with him, firstly he expressed his shock that Alan was not in attendance this evening.
Postponed fixtures - LC advised that after speaking to Alan he had said he had let it slip a little and would get this sorted asap. This had been done without issue as shown by the LS to the LMC on the projector.
Club Charges - LC advised after having a conversation with Alan regarding this he said he has have never done this before. LS confirmed that he is correct he had not done it before and the new system was put in place to allow the officers to charge the clubs who break the rules under their remit. LS advised this system was put together, requested all officers trial and test it with no complaints from anyone, including Alan. LS advised that this system is quicker than emailing and once an officer has sent the charge it's no longer in their hands, it will then be controlled and monitored by the LS. Alan unfortunately has not been charging the clubs as requested by the LS and the LC asked the LMC to  make a decision on what steps to do next.
Therefore the LMC advised the LS to email Alan requesting he bring the charges up to date with 7 days, and to fulfil all duties expected by the league within the remit of his role as Fixtures Secretary. Failure to do this will result in Alan being removed from his role as Fixtures Secretary.
LS Note:-Unfortunately Alan Webster emailed back to resign his position with immediate effect with no reason given.

Club Respect Marks:- Following on from last month's discussion Dave Parish advised the LMC regarding a league that has been doing this with some real success. LMC had a discussion regarding Club Respects and viewed this as something they made look into as future development.

Back to the top

December 2017

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

January 2018

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

February 2018

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

March 2018

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

April 2018

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

May 2018

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

June 2018

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top

AGM 2018

The minutes will appear here in due course

Back to the top